Film Directing Shot by Shot : Visualizing from Concept to Screen by Steven Katz (1991, Paperback)
Top Selling in Textbooks, Education
Great Prices on Textbooks, Education
- $35.85Trending at $36.50
- $29.95Trending at $45.00
- $28.54Trending at $34.95
- $36.97Trending at $48.98
- $21.95Trending at $37.99
- $36.84Trending at $69.12
- $84.52Trending at $94.57
About this product
- SynopsisA complete catalogue of motion picture techniques for filmmakers. It concentrates on the 'storytelling' school of filmmaking, utilizing the work of the great stylists who established the versatile vocabulary of technique that has dominated the movies since 1915. This graphic approach includes comparisons of style by interpreting a 'model script', created for the book, in storyboard form.,International best-seller filled with visual techniques for filmmakers and screenwriters.
- AuthorSteven Katz
- Number Of Pages366 pages
- Publication Date1991-07-31
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Group
- Copyright Date1992
- Weight28.9 Oz
- Height0.4 In.
- Width7 In.
- Length10 In.
- LC Classification NumberPN1995.9.P7K38 1991
- Dewey Decimal791.43/0233
- Dewey Edition20
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentIntroduction Part I : Visulatization: The Process Part II: Elements of the Continuity Style Part III: The Workshop Part IV: The Moving Camera
- Reviews"Now that you've got a couple of shorts under your belt, why not get a little more analytic? Steven Katz's book gives a great breakdown of the fundamentals of film directing. It's not something you might want to start off by reading, but once you are ready to have your films take that next step this should be number one on your to do list. Katz breaks down film language for you so that you can learn how to speak it in your own way." - www.austinfilmfestival.com
Most relevant reviews
- mangofilmsNov 02, 2010by
Good book for refreshing theory. Good book for keeping it next to you. Good book for teaching and explaning theory.
- eeobikaOct 07, 2008by
Excellent book for aspiring film or video or ocmmercial directors. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
- 264740747@delet...Jun 09, 2006by
book purchase on ebay
I bought this book for my husband who recently won an award for his first music video. This book is recommended by a fellow indie movie maker and I look up in ebay and bought it. he likes the book.