Best Selling in Textbooks, Education
Save on Textbooks, Education
- $36.97Trending at $63.77
- $13.99Trending at $16.43
- $144.97Trending at $203.99
- $199.95Trending at $233.45
- $11.78Trending at $11.93
- $30.40Trending at $38.95
- $51.99Trending at $81.40
About this product
- SynopsisFor senior-level or first-year graduate-level courses in control analysis and design, and related courses within engineering, science, and management. "Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems, Sixth Edition" is perfect for practicing control engineers who wish to maintain their skills. This revision of a top-selling textbook on feedback control with the associated web site, FPE6e.com, provides greater instructor flexibility and student readability. Chapter 4 on A First Analysis of Feedback has been substantially rewritten to present the material in a more logical and effective manner. A new case study on biological control introduces an important new area to the students, and each chapter now includes a historical perspective to illustrate the origins of the field. As in earlier editions, the book has been updated so that solutions are based on the latest versions of MATLAB and SIMULINK. Finally, some of the more exotic topics have been moved to the web site.",What every engineer needs to know about feedback control. Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems, 6/e covers the material that every engineer, and most scientists and prospective managers, needs to know about feedback control, including concepts like stability, tracking, and robustness. Each chapter presents the fundamentals along with worked-out examples, all within a real-world context and with a historical background. The text also ties methods together so that a designer is able to pick the method that best fits the problem at hand. Cases featuring actual control problems are included. The new edition has been updated to include the latest developments in the field. An Overview and Brief History of Feedback Control; Dynamic Models; Dynamic Response; Basic Properties of Feedback; The Root-Locus Design Method; The Frequency-Response Design Method; State-Space Design; Digital Control; Nonlinear Systems; Control-System Design: Principles and Case Studies. MARKET : Perfect for practicing control engineers who wish to maintain their skills.
- AuthorAbbas Emami-Naeini,Gene F. Franklin,J. David Powell
- Number Of Pages840 pages
- Publication Date2009-09-23
- PublisherPrentice Hall PTR
- Edition Number6
- Copyright Date2010
- Weight49.4 Oz
- Height1.3 In.
- Width7.8 In.
- Length9 In.
- GroupCollege Audience
- LC Classification NumberTJ216.F723 2009
- Dewey Decimal629.8/3
- Dewey Edition23
Most relevant reviews
- a.p71Jun 13, 2012by
Probably the best controls/systems book out there but still not perfect
Much better than the two other textbooks on automatic controls / feedback systems that I am familiar with. However, the book still has its flaws. It is my understanding that the International Edition has different homework problems than the U.S. edition but I have not verified this myself. (I used this as an additional reference to the officially-assigned book for the class, which I found to be by and large unhelpful, and wish this were the assigned textbook.) In general I'd say things are explained adequately well, though topics aren't always introduced in a logical order.
- enor_mous88Oct 18, 2011by
Good price at good quality & print book!
Well, usually hardcover books (especially north America edition) are very costly compared to International Edition. But this book (North America Edition) comes with the best price I can find. Typically around 200USD (for new) but I bought it new on ebay for 160USD. There are no much different in content between this book and International Edition. This one comes with hardcover and better paper quality & print. The problems/questions are a bit different (sometime the value is changed) with those in International Edition. Since my prof uses this North America Edition, I better stick with it. No hassle and I can focus on my studies!
- derbie191Oct 04, 2010by
Good book for the price, 1 minor flaw.
For engineering textbooks, this is reasonably priced, especially compared to the national version. The description was VERY accurate. All of the content was the same, all of the units were the same, it was all written in English, and even contained the same problem sets. HOWEVER, the only flaw was that some of the problem sets (not all of them) had different numbers. This is only a problem if you need to do the problems for class like me. The problems probably has a mixture of two different editions. Its not a huge deal, and the book is still a bargain for the content.
- dquintanilla20d...Jun 06, 2012by
Good book, good purchase, good service
It's a pretty well written book. Maybe needs a little polishing here and there (but than again, what book doesn't). Could expand a little more on certain topics but to be fair, those topics are more rigorously covered, or at least more in depth, in other courses. For that reason, this book cannot hold its own on Linear control itself, instead just provides another strong but not perfect resource and supplement to lectures and past signals and systems knowledge.
- eyeofthetigerMar 12, 2011by
Not Identical to US Textbook BEWARE
All international editions I have bought over the last 4 years have been identical to the US hardcover version, but with a different soft cover and different ISBN number. Saved a bunch of money. However, this international edition is different from the US version, which creates a problem when the Professor assigns HW problems. The reason I am so pissed is that this international edition is advertised as identical. If I had known that it WAS NOT IDENTICAL at the start, I would have simply bought the US version and saved myself some time and grief. The Page numbers and problem numbers are different too. BEWARE