About this product
- DescriptionFrom n-sense to lessons learned, these forty five rhymes include the absolutely well kwn ( Itsy Bitsy Spider ) and the slightly familiar, ( Hickety, Pickety, My Black Hen ). The truly fantastic pictures speak more than one thousands words in details as artist Scott Gustafson riffs in paint on themes present and imagined in each verse. Nursery rhymes are classic and so are some of artist's interpretations but other paintings are surprises, like an anthropomorphic baking bear, a pelican sea captain and Peter Piper as a pug on two legs. Welcome to a world where There was a crooked man is t about a hunched-back elder but rather a mad-cap, double-jointed dandy who might be crooked in more ways than one. Jack (Be Nimble) is a leaping cricket and Yankee Doodle a funloving mouse on a full-sized horse.
- Author(s)Scott Gustafson
- PublisherGreenwich Workshop Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/11/2007
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationTotnes
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwich Workshop Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note60 full colour paintings
- Weight1010 g
- Width271 mm
- Height312 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.