Top Selling in Monitors
Great Prices on Monitors
- $569.95Trending at $579.99
- $139.99Trending at $158.99
- $114.99Trending at $119.00
- $134.99Trending at $139.99
- $205.00Trending at $228.99
- $374.99Trending at $379.99
- $142.95Trending at $181.04
About this product
- Product InformationWith advanced functionally and stylish design, the Dell UltraSharp 24-inch wide aspect flat panel LCD monitor redefines the performance of LCD displays. This monitor delivers a fast response time and clear, sharp images making it ideal for gaming or video editing. The four USB ports and integrated flash card reader allow users to plug in accessories in convenient locations. Features of this reliable monitor include picture in picture, picture by picture, and a touch button on the front to turn on. The height-adjustable design allows users of this display to make adjustments to achieve maximum comfort and reduce eye strain.
- Additional MPN20030408 T6133,2405FPW
- Product LineDell UltraSharp
- Display TechnologyFlat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix),LCD,LCD Flat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix)
- Screen Size24"
- Maximum Resolution1920x1200
- Aspect Ratio14:9
- Contrast Ratio1000:1
- Response Time12ms
- Refresh Rate76 Hz
- Max Viewing Angle Horizontal178°
- Max Viewing Angle Vertical178°
- Regulatory ApprovalBSMI,C-Tick,CCC,CE,Energy Star,FCC Class B,GOST-R,IEC950,NEMKO,NOM,PSB,SASO,TCO-03,TCO-99,TUV GS,TUV-ERGO,TUV-S,UL
- Color Support24-bit (16.7M Colors)
- Form FactorDesktop
- Analog Video Input Connector1 x 15 Pin D-Sub connector
- Digital Video Input StandardDVI
- Monitor ColorGray
- Release DateFebruary, 2005
Most relevant reviews
- atdesApr 28, 2013by
it's a great monitor, lots of flexibity
I had a monitor exactly like this one, and it's still working great. I'm very happy I was able to find the same unit thru EBay, and it is also working great. The Dell 2405FPW has so many features that newer monitors of the same size just doesn't have in them. The monitor may have very limited HD capability, but it has great resolution for the type of working environment I use it for.
- arsenalcomputer...Jan 17, 2014by
Great Monitor, Great Color, Well Built, Best Value
In effect I have owned this brand and model of monitors for many years and been very happy with them. It has great value for its costs and I have never had an issue with them.I have over the years owned 10 of these monitors and I wish I had kept all of them.I would not hesitate to buy another one even used. In fact I plan to purchase two more in the coming future as funds present themselves. I have never had one with a dead pixel.
- gene_2007Apr 30, 2012by
Great monitor with a great value
Jumbo LCDs like the Apple Cinema HD display offer excellent image quality and stunning design in addition to a vast viewing area. But you often get little in the way of features or adjustability, and you'll pay handsomely for a large LCD. Enter the Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW. This gigantic 24in. LCD offers comparable image quality to that of Apple's 23in. display, but with many more features, including multiple video inputs, a bank of flash-card slots, several USB ports and a full range of adjustability options. And priced at £799 (ex. VAT), it costs a lot less than the competition.
The UltraSharp 2405FPW's design is pure Dell, which is to say sturdy, circumspect and unimpeachably up-to-date. In this case, it works well because the display's casing and stand seem to melt into the background, leaving the 24in.-diagonal screen to carry the show. The dark-grey plastic bezel is a narrow 2cm wide on all sides, and the six small, round buttons embedded in the bottom-right corner are unobtrusive enough for us to tolerate their being visible at all. The buttons power up the display, switch between inputs, launch the picture-in-picture window and menu, and navigate through the on-screen menu (OSM). Tiny numbers (one through five) in a row next to the buttons light up to help you navigate the settings.
Along the back panel are easily accessible DVI, VGA, composite, component and S-Video inputs, along with a 12V audio jack to which you can connect optional 14-watt Dell Sound Bar speakers that clip to the bottom bezel of the display. You'll also find an upstream USB port and two downstream USB ports for connecting peripherals. Hidden on the left edge of the bezel is an array of card slots for all of the popular flash-card formats, as well as two more downstream USB ports. To use the card slots, you must connect the upstream USB port to your PC (a USB cable is included). Once you do, Windows will recognise the slots as drives in My Computer, and you can view their contents or save data to them.
An LCD this big and heavy (9.8kg), with such a multitude of connectivity options, needs two things: a cable-management system and a sturdy neck and base. The Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW has both. Cable containment is achieved with a rubber half-tube attached to the back of the neck. The tube is split down the middle so that you can cram cords into it to keep them out of sight. The UltraSharp 2405FPW's solid neck telescopes smoothly from a low of 9cm to a high of 20cm above the desktop. The heavy half-circular plastic base doesn't wobble when you tilt the panel, swivel it from left to right or pivot it between Portrait and Landscape mode. You'll need two hands to perform these adjustments, but only because the monitor is so big. All movements are extremely smooth to execute, and if you choose to attach the display to a VESA wall mount, the panel pops off at the press of a button.
The Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW's OSM is easy to navigate, with all sub-menus arranged in a column. In addition to the usual adjustments for colour temperature, brightness and OSM position, there is a zoom function that lets you zero in on details in an image. The image looked quite blurry when we tried this, but it might come in handy if you're a movie extra trying to find yourself in crowd scenes. We were also impressed by the picture-in-picture (PIP) menu of the OSM. Not only can you choose from three sizes for the PIP window, you can also adjust the brightness, contrast and hue. The dispRead full review
- jaydogsurferApr 10, 2013by
Awesome monitors, delivers a picture quality that you would expect, sharp!
Awesome monitors, delivers a picture quality that you would expect, sharp, clean, and clear. I would recommend this monitor to anyone.
- perrymason1955Aug 18, 2012by
Excellent monitor! Money well spent!
I have this monitor next to another just like it which I purchased new from Dell in 2006. You cannot tell the difference between the images on the two screens. I've opened Excel spreadsheets and extended them across both screens. There is no difference between the left side and the right side of the spreadsheet. The same can be said for images of all kinds.