Dell Streak 7 16GB, Wi-Fi, 7in - Black
Top Selling in Tablets & eBook Readers
Great Prices on Tablets & eBook Readers
- $339.99Trending at $359.74
- $334.00Trending at $349.99
- $469.00Trending at $493.99
- $499.99Trending at $525.00
- $264.00Trending at $270.00
- $220.00Trending at $277.49
- $719.99Trending at $749.99
About this product
- Product InformationIncorporating the Android 2.2 (Froyo) OS, the Dell Streak 7 tablet PC offers users a variety of applications and software for performing various functions. Powered by the 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra T20 Dual Core processor, this Dell tablet PC performs multiple tasks with ease. Equipped with a front and a rear camera, this Dell tablet lets you execute a video chat or take a self-portrait. Surf the Internet wirelessly using the Wi-Fi connectivity of this Dell tablet PC. Share music, videos, and other data, wirelessly, using the Bluetooth technology of this Dell tablet. Watch videos and images in an amazing resolution of 800 x 480 pixels, using the 7-inch WVGA screen of the Dell Streak 7 tablet PC.
- User Manual
- CarrierNot Applicable
- Family LineStreak
- Display Size7in (17.78 cm)
- Storage Capacity16GB
- Operating SystemAndroid
- Internet ConnectivityWi-Fi
- Exterior ColorBlack
- Processor ManufacturernVidia
- Processor TypeTegra
- Processor Speed1GHz
Display and Screen
- Display TechWVGA TFT active matrix
- Display Max. Resolution800 x 480
- Touch Screen TechnologyMulti-Touch
- Rear Camera Resolution5 megapixel
- Front Camera Resolution1.3 megapixel
- Installed RAM512MB
Connections and Expandability
- ExpandabilityMMC Slot,SD Card Slot,SDHC Card Slot
- Expansion PortsUSB 2.0
- PC InterfaceMicro-USB,Wi-Fi
- Wireless capabilitiesBluetooth,WLAN 802.11b,WLAN 802.11g,WLAN 802.11n
- Audio InputLine In (3.5mm)
- Audio OutputHeadphones
- Height7.9in (11.98 cm)
- Width7.8in (19.81 cm)
- Depth0.49in (1.24 cm)
- Weight1lb (0.5 kg)
- Battery TechnologyLithium ion
Additional Technical Informations
- Input MethodTouch-Screen
- Special FeaturesBuilt-In Front Camera,Built-In Rear Camera,Expandable Memory
Most relevant reviews
- yakohama12Jun 11, 2013by
Overral a good tablet
The tablet has Android 2.2 (Froyo) OS, the Dell Streak 7 tablet PC offers users a variety of applications and software for performing various functions. Powered by the 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra T20 Dual Core processor, this Dell tablet PC performs multiple tasks with ease. Equipped with a front and a rear camera, this Dell tablet lets you execute a video chat or take a self-portrait. Surf the Internet wirelessly using the Wi-Fi connectivity of this Dell tablet PC.
- adrianmetalchefJan 30, 2012by
Great tablet with strong development support from XDA. worth buying!
I bought this for my wife, so she could enjoy playing Bejeweled even more...!
The tablet was easily rooted via Gingerbreak (z4root does not work) & now has CWM-based (custom) recovery.
Although DELL has officially released Honeycomb, after flashing it to the tablet, I found far too many apps and games are still unsupported/incompatible. In fact, I had to flash the T-Mo version of 2.2.2 in order to get all of the Gameloft games, Bejeweled, Block Breaker HD etc etc et al, to all work properly (Spiderman HD wouldn't download system files after installation).
DELL lists this device as being "16GB" -- and technically, it is; but 4+GB are reserved & allocated between the O/s and internal storage (e.g. Apps, dbdata, etc) leaving you with ~11.35GB to play around with.
Full 1080p playback is nice (and IIRC, it even plays 1080p w 5.1 audio), even though the device's resolution is only 800x600. I guess the Nvidia Tegra2 makes up for the smaller screen size (my Galaxy Tab 7" is 1024x768...and doesn't have a Tegra2).
Battery life is great, but it's what I expected, given that this is a Wi-Fi only tablet.
Overall, it's a great device for its intended purpose on my end (non-windows, non-blackberry device for my wife to play around with). However...even if you DO buy the 3G version, there's no chance in hell you'll get the phone call feature working (unlike my Galaxy Tab 7") -- at least, at the time of posting this review, the initializing/accessing the phone feature wasn't posted anywhere as being successful.
For $140, this device is the best on the market (stay away from Archos, eLocity et al).Read full review
- dorag71Jan 29, 2013by
An Amazing product for this price!!
This is an amazing tablet for the price I paid. I have an Ipad and several other tablets, I got this for the simple fact that it boasted so much for so small a cost, and let me tell you, it absolutely performs for the price. If you are curious about tablets, this would be an excellent starter. Easy to use, quick, and great capacity without any after market upgrades I recommend this tablet to anyone.
- rspearsJul 15, 2012by
Nice Android Tablet.
Don't need a tablet but got this very cheaply as it was refurbished and wanted to see if I liked tablets. My main point of the review was that I read the manual saved on the internal memory of the Streak - got familiar with the Android OS and started downloading apps. It automatically downloaded a major update and the entire interface changed and I was completely lost. Many apps changed names or were gone completely. Especially the preloaded ones. I spent a long time trying to figure out what to do. The download store I think called Marketplace became Play Store and the launcher app became a fixed icon call APPS. Download the new manual on line and it showed the new OS etc.
Not a criticism per say but just a friendly warning. I enjoy it and use it just to do the fast google searches and check news without having to use my phone or PC. After using it my iPhone looks so tiny.Read full review
- mavao_personali...Nov 20, 2011by
The Dell Streak 7 One of the best tablets on the market
It seems like everyone is making a tablet these days, and Dell has proven to be no exception. Dell has made its latest foray into the tablet market with its “petite” Streak 7 4G (there is also a Wi-Fi only version).
It seems like everyone is making a tablet these days, and Dell has proven to be no exception. Dell has made its latest foray into the tablet market with its “petite” Streak 7 4G (there is also a Wi-Fi only version). Unlike other full-sized tablets, like the iPad 2 or Motoroala Xoom, the Dell Streak can actually fit inside a reasonably large pocket. The device is about 7 1/2 inches long, 4.7 inches wide and about 1/2 inch thick. The display is 7-inches from corner to corner.
Although small in size, the Dell Streak’s performance and feature set appears very competitive. It is powered by the 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra T20 microprocessor and uses the Android 2.2 operating system. The device has a standard 16 GB of storage space, but does have a microSD card slot and support for memory cards with up to 32 GB capacity.Read full review