D-Link DIR-657 300 Mbps 4-Port Gigabit Wireless N Router
Top Selling in Wireless Routers
Great Prices on Wireless Routers
- $199.94Trending at $208.50
- $149.99Trending at $214.00
- $168.99Trending at $173.86
- $130.49Trending at $177.99
- $59.99Trending at $69.98
- $89.96Trending at $99.93
- $99.97Trending at $109.99
About this product
- Product InformationStream multiple media content - videos, music and more to multiple devices all at the same time without lag or skipping. The HD Fuel technology in the DIR-657 lets you watch Netflix and Vudu , play your Wii or Xbox 360 online or make Skype calls all without worrying about the skipping or latency you might experience with standard routers. It does so by automatically giving extra bandwidth for video, gaming and VoIP calls using HD Fuel QoS technology. The D-Link HD Media Router 1000(DIR-657) also comes equipped with 4 Gigabit ports to provide speeds up to 10x faster than standard 10/100 ports. What s more, it uses 802.11n technology with multiple intelligent antennas to maximize the speed and range of your wireless signal to significantly outperform 802.11g devices.
- Wireless TechnologyWireless N
- Wireless Speed300 Mbps
- Port SpeedGigabit
- USB for File SharingYes
- ConnectivityWired & Wireless
- Port Qty4-port
- Networking InterfacesWireless-Wi-Fi 802.11a
- WLAN StandardsIEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11n
- General ProtocolsVoIP
Firewall / VPN
- VPN EncryptionWPA,WPA2
- Max Transfer Rate1,331.2 Mbps
- Networking InterfacesWireless-Wi-Fi 802.11a
- Form FactorExternal
Most relevant reviews
- aceomac1Mar 30, 2014by
With a few modifications, it can be an amazing router for the price.
I got this router for a steal at $20.00 but, it does have it share of issues. The WiFi would be visible, but wireless devices were unable to connect until the router was restarted. This happened about 4 times a day. I was able to fix this by installing firmware 1.2 beta form D-Link's website. This router doesn't support DD-WRT.
Another issue was that the router had a pretty short range. My garage was a dead zone. On top of that if there was more than one device streaming videos at one time one of the devices would be dropped. I was able to fix this by replacing the internal antennas with a $10.00 pair of external antennas although I had to solder them to the spot where the old antennas connected.
Now the router works great! I spent about $30.00 and it took about an hour, but now I have a pretty amazing router.Read full review
- ttec9824Feb 16, 2015by
Excellent Router, Priced Right, Fast Shipping
I have bought D-Link routers over and over and they never disappoint. Always setup on first try, online access to change settings easy to follow. Keep on working. Excellent product at an excellent price.
- arizzanApr 24, 2013by
great unit reach speed browser after browser and sd usb included is a plus
Ok.....i did read the all negatives reviews before, then went to internet read more, then order the unit, came yesterday, 3 hours today earlier, it did have all as it was describe, disc manual cable unit and power supply..... but i did the best.... was to call the (877)453-5465 CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! from Dlink, it took 3 minute to put it on working by the HD port/cable to my pc, and 3 minutes to create my wifi/name of my net work pass word, registration and all the help me the best way ...they took care, then we tested out side, (the wifi) with a tablet Asus, and a cell half block from my house to a friend walking to his house,then indoors....this unit is... PERFECT ALL THE TIME NO DROPS GREAT GREAT ALL !!!, so please do that call the number (877)453-5465 and you going to have a great router at a good price after all is a Cisco, nothing can go wrong to me is working great, do that, disc manual, will not do as talking to one of the persons from Dlinks Trust me they know more, and if you do this, you will see what you think to know and don't, let them help you they do a good job helping us as a customer they as a helpers!! is a fantastic unit!!!!!!! :-)i had a belkin n150,the people there are in Indonesia as customer service very hard to communicate with them , Dlink is here in usa!!Read full review
- miketheman211Apr 08, 2013by
Good, Bad but not Ugly... yet??
OK so I was like WOW a $175 D-Link for $20!! Well there is a reason. I had mine for about a week, up and running, until I ran into weakend WiFi signal. Then for some odd reason the WiFi stopped connecting for any wireless device. A month after issues with the WiFi, after tweaking it with new firmware and deep setup techniques but still weakend signal, the ethernet ports gave out. Now, this I have never had happen. Troubleshoot did nothing. Removed the firmware I flashed for the update, given out by D-Link, and reset the whole thing and started like it was right out of the box. So far it is working, if it repeats with the issues it is getting the hammer.
Breakdown of "Stars"
Reliability: 2/5 - It worked when it would. Wasn't horrible, just really weakend my liking of D-Link.r>
Features: 5/5 - I really like the features. SD card with movies and share them right off the router.
Performance: 2/5 - Again it worked when it would.
Value for money: 3/5 This is based on the idea that it was $175 but I bought it for $20. It would get 1 star all acrossed the board if I had spent $175 on it, which, as a computer tech, I would NEVER pay that price for any home router, especially with the standard 4 port ethernet hub.Read full review
- tarasmith77Nov 07, 2014by
save your money , go with a netgear or syslink or better
upgrade the firmware manually searching for it by going to dlink's site if you buy it.....or you wont be able to use it
after that smash it with a hammer...... save your money, buy a different brand all together. I own this one AND DIR-655.. The DIR-655 is better than this one......but not saying much