Best Selling in Nonfiction
Killing the Rising Sun : How America Vanquished World War II Japan by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard (2016, Hardcover)
Shaken : Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life's Storms by Tim Tebow (2016, Hardcover)
Save on Nonfiction
- $18.50Trending at $19.50
- $16.00Trending at $18.02
- $16.55Trending at $17.48
- $17.44Trending at $19.85
- $9.49Trending at $12.30
- $10.99Trending at $13.84
- $8.98Trending at $9.74
About this product
- SynopsisJim Widess and Ginger Summit, the best-selling authors of The Complete Book of Gourd Craftand Making Gourd Instruments, have done it again: they've produced another winner to delight the many crafters who work with gourds. Large, lavish, and astonishingly comprehensive, this breathtaking volume introduces every tool and every technique associated with gourd carving, offers fabulous projects that advance in difficulty, and presents a gallery of works designed to inspire. See how to choose and prepare a gourd, impress the surface with a design, and work with green gourds. The magnificent methods of decorative carving covered include fretwork, engraving, chip carving, carving with gouges, relief carving, inlay, and deep relief or sculptural carving. Throughout, color photographs of exquisite carved gourds present crafts styles from countries around the world. A Selection of the Crafters Choice Book Club.
- AuthorGinger Summit,Jim Widess
- Number Of Pages192 pages
- Publication Date2004-11-01
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co., Inc.
- Copyright Date2004
- Width8.5 In.
- Length10 In.
- LC Classification NumberTT873.5.W52 2004
- Dewey Decimal745.5
- Dewey Edition22
Most relevant reviews
- 383535754@delet...Sep 05, 2006by
great book, for a beginner i need more "how to do"
As a new hobby I needed to learn more "how to do" learned the Ginger summit has good books with much infor and great ideas, this is true, but I need more info on what tools and pictures of same. I guess I need a real beginners book. I am inspired by this book to continue this new hobby. thank you junebug
- bkarlickJul 03, 2006by
Complete Book of Gourd Carving
Beautiful photography with comprehensive, easy to understand instructions. Covers all aspects of carving from scrimshaw to power saws, all with pictures. GREAT book. One I'll keep in my library.
- hilltrolAug 22, 2011by
Advanced book with tons of ideas.
Very informative. Beautiful pictures and great project ideas. An advanced book for the avid gourd enthusiast.
- jlynn6Nov 08, 2006by
I have been crafting gourds for years and this book gave me ideas I never had thought of. Very concise, well written. Great addition to my crafting library. I would recomend this book to anyone who enjoys art.