Children's Songbook by Reader's Digest Editors (1985, Hardcover)
Top Selling in Children & Young Adults
Great Prices on Children & Young Adults
- $20.96Trending at $22.49
- $7.46Trending at $9.99
- $8.82Trending at $9.78
- $3.99Trending at $5.58
- $3.99Trending at $5.39
- $7.51Trending at $7.80
- $3.29Trending at $3.98
About this product
- SynopsisA delightful collection of 135 children's songs in easy-to-play arrangements that the whole family can enjoy. Highlights include Muppet songs, nursery rhymes, movie and show tunes, nonsense songs, songs for happy days and holidays, and much, much more! Also includes a bonus lyric book with guitar chord frames. Handy stay-open binding! Hardcover.,First published in 1985, this Reader's Digest best-selling classic has sold over 200,000 copies. Carryon or start your own tradition as adults and children gather to sing from this collection of easy-to-play children's favorite songs-from movies, shows, nursery rhymes, holiday songs, folksongs, nonsense songs, and more. This collection is great for all ages, familiar songs that children love to sing, and a must have for parents, grandparents, and teachers-including musical games and activity ideas to add to the fun. The 252-page easy-to-read music book with more than 130 all-time favorite family songs is spiral-bound to lie flat, and includes a 40-page lyric book. And bring these favorite melodies to life by listening to the recordings on the companion CD.
- AuthorReader's Digest Editors
- Number Of Pages256 pages
- Publication Date1985-11-01
- PublisherReader's Digest Association, Incorporated, The
- Weight45.5 Oz
- Height1.1 In.
- Width9.8 In.
- Length12.5 In.
- Grade FromPreschool
- Grade Toup
- Age Range3 - UP
Most relevant reviews
- kid.kareMay 17, 2016by
My FF - Fantastic Find!
This is a great compilation of favorite children's songs! I've wanted this book for years and was thrilled to find it at such a good price!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- captainaceyApr 02, 2011by
Reader's Digest Children's Songbook
This songbook is great! I received it yesterday and immediately went to the piano to try it out....oh, what fun! I purchased it for my grandchildren and they are going to love it. 131 wonderful children's songs in one book-WOW! I also like the hardcover, and the spiral binding as the book easily stays open while you play. I own six different Reader's Digest Songbooks and I would not purchase anything but Reader's Digest. The songs are all arranged in a way that is easy to sight read, and even though they are not difficult to play, the music sounds difficult. I highly recommend not only this songbook, but all Reader's Digest Songbooks...well worth the money!
- mclaren9539May 26, 2012by
i bought this book for my 8 year old daughter who is in second year of piano, i like this book cause it is easy to read, it is one of the best piano music books out
- colorkittensMay 03, 2009by
Children's music book
I love all the Reader's Digest Songbooks. I have many. This one is full of the greatest children's songs ever! I have 7 grandkids age 5 and below and we march a lot around our house with make-shift instruments, singing as we go. Anyone who loves children would love this book. The spiral edging truly helps in the longevity of the book. You will make memories for generations.
- 323339280@delet...Jun 02, 2006by
Reader's Digest Children's Songbook
This beautifully bound music book has wonderful spiral binding that allows a musician to turn the pages easily and keep the pages viewable while playing. The creativeness of this book is apparent in reading the fun stories about the songs, backgrounds about the lyrics and wrtiers. In addition, the words to the songs appear legible and the music scores are easily played by musicians at the beginning stage or advanced beginning level. All songs appeal to the child in us all and it contains songs that appeal even to the most mature audiences. Many songs are from musicals and are a breath of fresh air, that will serve to remind you of your younger more carefree days. This is truly a family book that will be treasured and enjoyed by all!