Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $13.25+ $3.99 Shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by videogamesupply
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $15.00Free shipping
- Like New condition
- Sold by tiadam-5
- Est. delivery by Jan 30
- $23.95Free shipping
- Very Good condition
- Sold by sdpawn6
- Est. delivery by Jan 27
Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationLose yourself in a world that blends reality, fantasy, and nightmares in an exciting video game for PS3. Catherine by Atlus for PlayStation 3 is a platform-style game that offers players lots of interactive and puzzle gameplay elements. Scroll through a variety of vivid daytime and dream sequence levels and solve complex puzzles to move your persona through the game. Catherine also features a variety of anime-style video sequences that help the story progress as you control Vincent through both his daily activities and his terrifying nightmares. In Catherine for PS3, you take on the persona of Vincent Brooks, an office worker who finds himself at a crossroads in his life. He is in a serious relationship with his long-term girlfriend, Katherine McBride, who pressures him to propose. The pressure causes Vincent to question his relationship status during the day and gives him nightmares while he sleeps. Vincent’s fortunes take a bizarre turn when he meets a woman called Catherine at his regular hangout, the Stray Sheep. Vincent is immediately attracted to the alluring and mysterious woman, and despite his relationship with Katherine, he goes home with her and cheats on his girlfriend. Vincent finds himself in a love triangle between Catherine and Katherine, which makes his nightmares more vivid. Vincent must solve problems or wake up before the nightmares take hold and end his life. As you play, you take Vincent through his daily routines in his neighborhood and regular hangouts, such as the Stray Sheep. Vincent can interact with his friends, Catherine, and Katherine, or play a series of games within the game called Rapunzel. However, the nighttime sequences that take place in Vincent’s dreams make up the bulk of the gameplay. These challenging situations take you through a surrealistic world of Vincent’s creation and prompt you to solve puzzles that help your persona resolve issues in his relationships with Katherine and Catherine. The gameplay is interspersed with video story segments that paint a vivid picture of the dreamlike world of Vincent’s mind. The complicated situations throughout the game lead to a number of outcomes for Vincent, Katherine, and Catherine, so you can see a different ending each time you play through the game. Play this video game as Vincent in single-player mode, or boost the fun with your friends in multiplayer mode. This game’s original North American release date was July 26, 2011, and it is just as exciting in present day as it was upon its release. Its stunning graphics and exciting gameplay create hours of PlayStation fun for adult gamers. This Atlus game was originally published for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The PS3 version of Catherine is also playable on PS4, and the Xbox 360 version is compatible with Xbox One. The original Atlus release of Catherine for PS3 features crisp graphics and an exciting soundtrack. Atlus' Catherine is rated M for Mature, as Vincent’s relationships with Katherine and Catherine contain adult content. Players can control the more intimate relationship aspects within games, which includes mature themes. Whether you play games on a PS3 or PS4, the PlayStation 3 version is a great choice for your home console. You can find the standard release including stunning videos, platform levels, and mini games, or browse options including bonus content.
- PlatformSony PlayStation 3
- ESRB RatingM - Mature
- GenreAction, Adventure
- ESRB DescriptorBlood, Partial Nudity, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Alcohol, Violence
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-2
- Release Year2011
- Game Special Features
- Ontologically unsettling adventure through a realm of nightmares
- Block-pushing platform puzzles -- reach the top before time runs out!
- Play as a man whose soul is torn between his desires for two women
- RPG-style decisions influence the outcome of the branching plotline
- Mature treatment of themes involving love, lust, and death
- Ontologically unsettling adventure through a realm of nightmares
Most relevant reviews
- ap31790Aug 25, 2016by
Personally, it's one of my favorite games, from the art and music, to the story and gameplay it does so many thing right. A must play of it's generation. It places you into the turning point of a mans life where he is forced to decide between freedom and order, allowing you to question your own personal morales and decisions. It's really thought provoking, blending more serious themes with horror and humor. However, it's definitely not for everyone. The difficulty may be a huge turmoff for many casual gamers. The puzzle difficulty is notoriously high, but it is beatable. If you're not into time pressured puzzles this is not for you. It isn't perfect but it love it, I play it a couple times a year to get all the endings. Try it if you get the chance.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- hidden_gem_game...Feb 01, 2016by
BEST PUZZLE GAME EVER!!!
Catherine is one of the most interesting and compelling games I have ever played. A true ATLUS gem! The story line is risque and really makes the player think about every storyline decision. The puzzles are extremely thought provoking and will have you playing for hours to master "techniques." This game got me back into console gaming and spurred a need for collectibles. I couldn't more highly recommend it!
Verified purchase: No
- 7573jeffreyMar 29, 2016by
at first it was not what i thought it was going to be but now goodtimes and nice story line!!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- mdkralicekMay 05, 2013by
This is a very good challenging game, a must have game.
This game is not what it seems to be although it is a good game. This game is very fun and amusing you jump around on blocks and have several ways to move them, you must climb as fast as you can while moving these blocks, while giant monsters try to knock you off them.The first levels are easy then it gets very hard. This game takes skill And talent to play fun if you are a gamer, although for first time players it might be frustrating. I give this a 9 out of ten in a rating if you like this type of game, i loved it but i found it gets harder as you go. Wonderful game if you have not played it this is a must have game.
- 631suztAug 24, 2011by
Awesome game! Definetly recommened ^_^
This is by far the most awesome game I have ever played. I bought this item because it literally had my name on it. It was an anime, puzzle game with real life decision making and cute anime girls xD(And yes, if you were wondering I am a girl.) Me and my boyfriend are real nerds and play all the time. The storyline is great, the puzzles are fun and really pump your adrenaline when they start to get more challenging. You can choose how your character acts to certain things and that changes the storyline. Another little thing I noticed that I liked is when your in the 'Confessional' and you answer one of the Mysterious persons questions you also get to see what others have chosen. I'd advise this for anyone, other than children of course unless your parents allow this sorta thing.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $30.99Trending at $49.99
- $32.90Trending at $33.90
- $37.89Trending at $38.47
- $34.90Trending at $39.94
- $34.95Trending at $37.95
- $34.95Trending at $35.99
- $33.98Trending at $34.99