CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Catalogue of Japanese Paintings, Pottery, Bronzes, Lacquers, Combs, Sword Guards and Ornaments: European Furniture, Ceramics, Metal Work, Oil Paintings, Engravings, Books, Old Maps, Oriental Arms, Embroideries, Rugs, Draperies, Jewels, Etc., Collected by by American Art Association (Paperback / softback, 2016)
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Catalogue of Japanese Paintings, Pottery, Bronzes, Lacquers, Combs, Sword Guards and Ornaments: European Furniture, Ceramics, Metal Work, Oil Paintings, Engravings, Books, Old Maps, Oriental Arms, Embroideries, Rugs, Draperies, Jewels, Etc., Collected by Mr. Edward Colonna The Colonna Collection is of particular interest to collectors and art lovers in general because of its excellence in quality and wide variety. Mr. Colonna, an artist of consummate taste and skill as a designer, is an Ameri can, and the man who in I889, while in Paris, created many works of applied art of individual character, t embodying any of the styles of past periods, r using in furniture, for instance, any of the time-hored details which even the best of our designers seem to be compelled to repeat. These works, mostly executed by the late Mr. Bing - used as furniture, metal work, jewelry, silverware, porcelains, etc - were sold as productions of modern French art to the museums of Paris, South Kensington, Hamburg, Darmstadt, Cre feld, buda-pesth and Tokio. That Mr. Colonna has himself produced objects of art and ornaments that have been thought worthy of representing the best of a country of the artistic importance of France, in the various museums of the world, gives a unique interest to this collection he has formed, which Is t only characteristic of the artists and periods to which each object belongs, but of a superior quality both as regards beauty of line, color, and superior merit of design. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)American Art Association
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication20/11/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.