Canon ZR500 Mini DV Camcorder
About this product
- Family LineCanon ZR
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom25X
- Digital Zoom800X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatMiniDV
- Resolution0.7 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Weight13.53 Oz.
- Sensor Size1/6"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range2.6mm - 65mm
- Min Illumination2 lux
- Exposure ModesProgram
- Flash TypeNone
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size0.3"
- Depth4.5 in.
- Height3.6 in.
- Width1.9 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - color
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Battery ManufacturerCanon BP-2L5
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Effective Video Resolution0.4 MP
- Additional FeaturesAF Lock,Color Viewfinder
- High Definition Video Support720p
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- ColorBlue mist
- Night ModeYes
Most relevant reviews
- kasiii45Apr 06, 2015by
This is an excellent value for the price (the one I paid, $59)
This is my second ZR 500 and was bought as a replacement for the previous machine, whose tape playing assembly broke. Earlier, I had ZR 60, which was also excellent. The lesson here is that these machines have a limited lifetime, but work very well. The camcorder uses Mini DV tapes, which are becoming harder to find in retail stores, but can be found widely on the internet.
Picture quality and ease of use are excellent. I record family events and then burn them to DVD on the computer for general viewing. the machine is ideal for vacation videos and any special events or travel you would like to remember. Battery life is a bit short, so having a spare battery and charger is helpful.
- ibdmajsterekJul 09, 2012by
consider getting a camera that has a memory card.
this model camera's only drawback is its limit of not having a memory card. the dv tape works great but new technology makes transferring pictures/movies for sending via email makes a later model more useful.
- kim0101kerrySep 27, 2011by
Very easy to operate and very easy to carry. It is small and ecomnomical and does the job. Picture is great, sound and very affordable
- bradn4410Jul 02, 2012by
Good value for the money
Camera is good, but the cords sent with it weren't the correct ones to connect to TV or computer.
Overall still a good value at the price we paid for the camera, it seems to work well and the battery life is sufficient.
- aaron21jamesApr 15, 2011by
very great camera for the price.Works great to capture loving memories or what I do film hunts and fishing trips. I recommend it to everyone