Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $190.00+ Shipping
- Used condition
- Sold by adorama
- See details for delivery est.
Save on a similar product
Shop a different model
All listings for this product
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesThis mini DV offers great image quality and full digital power. The XL1's design and manual controls offer the widest range of picture possibilities. In daylight or lowlight, if your subject is near or far, this cutting edge camera adjusts its settings to offer the finest in resolution, magnification and color reproduction. Additional features include top grip with recording controls, standard optical 16x zoom lens with SuperRange optical image stabilizer and 3 shooting modes.
- Family LineCanon XL
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom16X
- Digital Zoom32X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatMiniDV
- Resolution0.3 MP
- Screen Size0.7"
- Weight99 Oz.
- Sensor Type3CCD
- Sensor Size1/3"
- Optical Sensor Qty3
- Focal Length Range5.5mm - 88mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size72 mm
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Max Shutter Speed1/15000 sec
- Min Illumination2 lux
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted
- Flash TypeNone
Memory / Storage
- Recording SpeedLP,SP
- Viewfinder TypeLCD
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size0.7"
- Depth16.5 in.
- Height8.7 in.
- Width8.3 in.
- Screen DetailsNone.
- Display Size0.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - detachable - electret condenser - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Microphone TechnologyElectret condenser
- Connector Types1 x Control-L (LANC),1 x DC power input,1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK) ( 4 pin FireWire ),1 x S-Video output ( 4 pin mini-DIN ),1 x audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2 ),1 x composite video/audio output ( RCA phono x 3 ),1 x microphone ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )
- Run Time Up ToUp To 90 min
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Effective Video Resolution0.2 MP
- Additional Features3D-Ready,Color Viewfinder,Manual Exposure,Still Shot Capability
- Night ModeYes
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode,Frame Movie Mode,Normal Movie Mode
Most relevant reviews
- doc_cjMay 19, 2016by
Instead of buying a new inexpensive camcorder, one that wouldn't have basic microphone input available, I chose to buy a used Canon XL1. GREAT IDEA!
I wanted to get started creating education pieces for classes and online education. To make a quality production I wanted to be able to control the sound as well as video quality. The problem was that I didn't have a lot of money (less than $350). While I found lots of inexpensive entry-level camcorders, none of them had the ability to use an auxiliary microphone. I knew that I needed to use at minimum a good shotgun mic but also wanted the ability to use a lavelier or boom mic as well. Of equal importance, I knew I would conduct some interviews and the ability to record two voices, ostensibly in stereo, was a great feature than of the new small camcorders had. By turning to a used Canon XL1 I not only found a camera that was right in my price range but also had more than enough features to help me make good quality video. I won't go into all the detail on the camera -- there are LOTS of videos and reviews online -- but I will say that this particular camera is working just fine. Long and short of it, I now have a camera that records in sufficiently high definition to allow me to produce decent quality videos. If I make money from this project then I can always upgrade later, but for now my primary mission is to get quality production with the most options available.Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- navygeoMay 24, 2016by
Good starter camcorder for switching to serious videography
I'm very happy thus far with this camcorder. I decided to switch from 'fun' to a more serious 'production' style, and the features, durability, and flexibility of the Canon XL platform work well for that. The system allows you to start simple, and then to build the system as your skills at videography build. At some point I'll want to switch over to digital video on a digital media, but until then this system will allow me to do what I want!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- properaddictionNov 11, 2014by
Professional camera, excellent picture & audio quality, quality product.
I bought this camera for filming videos & live footage of the band Proper Addiction, we've used it a good bit so far & everything is perfect for our needs or anyone wanting a video camera for a wide variety of filming aspects from home filming to filming a movie. The XL 1 has a lot of options with very easy to use controls & functions. Picture quality is excellent, sound level is adjustable which makes play back of live shows amazing, just like being their. I would highly recommend getting this camera for anyone wanting to start filming or anyone thats been doing it for awhile.
- mcmemMay 06, 2015by
Shop local with expensive camera and electronics.
I had high expectation for the Canon XL1 camcorder, but when I received it, the quality was much below expectation. There were a lot of competition, and I felt that I paid too much for the camera. A lot of features were missing, and the camera hood did not fit. The mic was missing. Buying camera using mail order is not a good idea as the camera was probably damaged.
- mosfet303Jul 07, 2011by
Great camera. Lousey AC power adapter system.
Nice cam for 13 years old. Wish it had all the original accessories (IE. DC coupler). Other than that its been a great camera. My first pro camera and is serving its purpose well. Only other cons so far is the balance left to right not good for one handed use and is also very front heavy with the lens, makes setting tripod "drag" a little difficult to hold up lens and still be able to tilt freely. Being so old, its a drag trying to find the DC coupler compatible with the original power adapter. Way too much hassle trying to use the adapter to power from AC. Should have simply put a standard DC plug right on camera, but they have to make money on selling you an elaborate set up to accomplish a very simple task: TO GET 6VDC FROM CHARGER/ADAPTER TO CAMERA!! Without having to spend a $150.00, just because canon decided to change the little plug at power source end of coupler unit to some proprietary DC jack not sold in stores. I was forced to cut off canon jack and solder my own class B jack on it to fit my current power adapter.Read full review
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $299.00Trending at $325.99
- $2,549.99Trending at $2,923.46
- $2,729.99Trending at $3,495.00
- $2,239.99Trending at $2,349.98
- $809.00Trending at $898.00
- $1,208.98Trending at $1,359.99
- $425.00Trending at $429.99