All listings for this product
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $359.95Trending at $399.00
- $290.00Trending at $367.99
- $174.99Trending at $194.00
- $50.32Trending at $56.60
- $321.09Trending at $349.00
- $284.94Trending at $299.17
- $326.00Trending at $349.95
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesRecord your best moments in life with the Canon XH-A1S that gives you superior quality videos. With genuine Canon 20x HD video zoom lens, this Canon camcorder captures every minute details of a far background, without compromising on the quality of the images. This Canon 20x zoom camcorder comes with advanced image processing, image stabilization and auto focus features that will deliver amazing videos of the highest quality. The Canon XH-A1S gives you a 1.67MP per sensor that provides you with great moving pictures. This Canon 20x zoom camcorder comes with a 2.8-inch LCD display that lets you see the moments while recording. Get maximum performance with this Canon camcorder and have fun while recording a video.
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom20x
- Digital ZoomNone
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatDV,MMC Card,SDHC/SD
- Resolution1.7 MP
- Screen Size2.8"
- Weight74.07 Oz.
- Sensor Type3CCD
- Sensor Size1/3"
- Optical Sensor Qty3
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range4.5mm - 90mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size72 mm
- Lens System FeaturesBuilt-in 1/32 Neutral Density Filter,Built-in 1/6 Neutral Density Filter,Fluorite Glass,UD Glass
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Max Shutter Speed1/16000 sec
- Min Illumination0.3 lux
- Min Shutter Speed1/3 sec
- Exposure MeteringEvaluative
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority
- Flash TypeNone
Memory / Storage
- Recording SpeedLP,SP
- Supported Flash MemoryMultiMediaCard,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeLCD
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size0.57"
- Depth15.5 in.
- Height7.56 in.
- Width6.42 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.8" - color
- Display Size2.8"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x Control-L (LANC),1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK),1 x component video output,1 x composite video output,1 x composite video/audio (input/output),1 x headphones,1 x microphone
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Battery ManufacturerCanon BP-950G
- Effective Still Resolution2.0 MP
- Effective Video Resolution1.6 MP
- Additional FeaturesAF Lock,Accessories Hot Shoe,Backlight Compensation,Brightness Control,Color Viewfinder,Histogram Display,Still Shot Capability
- 3D Technology3D Not Supported
- High Definition Video Support1080i
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- Night ModeYes
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode
Most relevant reviews
- edrandall2012Jul 13, 2016by
The XH A1S From Canon
Wonderful camera,very easy to operate,but for the auto and manual mode It will take some getting use to which is like any other camera. I would recommend this camera to anyone providing they know how to use the manual, also it's a great Investment. When I recieved the camera it was in excellent condition.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- 50_tom208Mar 06, 2014by
Robust, reliable, easy to use with good controls, decent lens, good jackpak
I bought this Camcorder to record live seminar type events. I am A/V producer for an educational foundation. I specifically want the HDV format, although some would consider it an "orphan" technology. I also want the native widescreen image sensors and the switchability between HDV and widescreen DV. I record live to (stand alone) DVCAM and DVD, duplicate and sell DVD's in 'real time' at live events; also upload to a streaming server for people to purchase a VOD event stream. I also use material for post production editing. the 'jack pack' on this camera is attractive to me with it's robust 6 pin Fire Wire connecter, and RGB and monitor outputs; also the built in XLR audio in's. The lens is good enough for what I do. The foundation I work for used a Canon GL2 for some years, and I find the menu structure on this camera to be familiar. During my selection process I looked at several Sony HDV camcorders; in addition to the features noted above, I think that this Canon offers a step up in 'pro' feel over the Sony's. The Sony's have some effects features that a 'film maker' might want, but I mainly want ready access to lens controls and basically robust, reliable service. This Canon is versatile, reliable, gives me the connectivity to do everything I want, and delivers a very acceptable picture quality. In conclusion I would say that although my requirements are specific this is a really good production camcorder at a good price (for my budget). Having worked with the Camera for a while I think my choice is correct - I'm very happy with it's performance. Read full review
- fawziawahbaMar 02, 2014by
like it so much
Canon reserves the L-Series designation for its highest quality photographic lenses. The Professional L Series Fluorite lens of the XH A1S ensures outstanding resolution, contrast and color reproduction, and delivers clarity and image quality you won't see with conventional optical glass lenses. And, because it's an ultra-low dispersion (UD) lens, chromatic aberration is reduced for brilliant results. The XH A1S's design gives you equally impressive operational performance. The design lets you operate the zoom using the lens barrel ring, the control on the camera's grip, or the control on the camera's handle. When using the zoom ring on the lens, you can control the speed of your zoom by varying the angle of the ring, or by varying the speed at which you rotate the ring. When using the grip control, you can zoom at 16 different speeds; or you can use the control to operate at a single zoom speed which you preset. When using the handle zoom control, you can operate the zoom at a single speed which you preset. You can also select high-speed zoom to increase the zoom speed when using either the grip or handle control. And, because the lens is designed with a zoom ring, you can operate zoom, focus and aperture using a single hand. was great Read full review
- wingnetengineerMar 10, 2013by
It does it all! Offers full control and flexability with accessories.
From out of the box and straight to capture, this camera is worth evry dollar! Shoots great on the HDV tapes or from a Firestore FS-CF/200Pro external Firewire capture drive. The color reproduction is as good as my friends brand new 2012 Canon DSLR with better audio!! Do not let the low Megapixels fool you, it has great detail and saturation. This is thanks to the 3CCD widescreen elements. Higher megapixels is just a marketing tool for the ability to blow an image up without detail loss. This is not need as much when shooting the same resolution in video. I bought this model due to it's reputation and reliability. The only drawback was the lack of ability to capture to the on-baord SDHC card. It is way better then the compareable SONY and JVC offerings and has held it's value over the years. Read full review
- amusicalfreakSep 12, 2012by
I bought this for multiple reasons, professional, and semi-professional use, looks as good as I hoped. The only problem is it can't record onto memory card, everything else is great!! I love the HD footage it captures, especially the slower frame rates.