Canon Speedlite 540EZ Shoe Mount Flash for Canon
Top Selling in Flashes
Great Prices on Flashes
- $63.00Trending at $78.00
- $63.98Trending at $65.98
- $108.90Trending at $120.00
- $521.55Trending at $559.02
- $264.95Trending at $299.00
- $36.49Trending at $46.99
- $25.00Trending at $33.69
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it comes to functionality and excellent performance, the Canon Speedlite 540EZ is one of the products to beat. The clip-on Canon speedlight is best suited to the needs of professional photographers and amateurs that have advanced skills (individuals that work with EOS series cameras). The flash is truly flexible and it can be used in a number of ways Ã¢â‚¬â€œ from the basic automated flash to performing complex flash-enhanced techniques. Canon incorporated feedback from fans of their equipment to make sure the 540EZ met the expectations and needs of its most active users. The super wide angle coverage, warm light (compatible with daylight) and seven zoom stop positions are just some of these characteristics.
- Guide Number100 ft/ISO 100
- Lens Coverage24mm - 105mm
- Supported Exposure ControlA-TTL,TTL
- Compatible BrandFor Canon
- Vertical Rotation Angle+90 / -7
- Horizontal Rotation Angle+180 / -90
- ZoomAutomatic and Manual
- Manual Power Control Levels1/1,1/128,1/16,1/2,1/32,1/4,1/64,1/8
- Additional FeaturesAF illuminator,Flash +/- compensation,Illuminated LCD display,Modeling flash capability
- Required Battery4 x battery - AA type
- Width3.15 in.
- Height5.43 in.
- Depth4.41 in.
- Weight14.29 oz
Most relevant reviews
- ecofemspiracyJul 16, 2013by
So far so good - easy to use. Only issue is being looked at 1/200 in your shutter speed. I don't know what else to say really. For the price it is a good deal. Thank you the end.
- rahrtnOct 03, 2010by
One of the Best Flashes Available
After 15 years of using the first digital canara made by Olympus I decided to get something more my style. I couldn't afford a new flash for the Canon T1i . I researched and purchased the Canon Speedlite 540 Regular Flash. INCREDABLE product !!! It takes a bit getting used to (still learning) but after Many combinations that the flash offers for use I finally Dialed into what is exactly what i wanted . Although it was used I received an extreem amout of support from the seller , he helped me choose the right settings and was fair about the price for the flash. The flash has too many options to list and very easy to learn with little practice and patience you will be amazed as to what a flash of this caliber can do for you. INCREDABLE !!!
You can find just about anything you want on E-Bay if you take your time and research your needs. I took my time and found EXACTLY what I wanted and afford .
Pawtucket, RIRead full review
- rattical21Jan 07, 2013by
Not satisfie with this particular product that i purchased
I have the Canon 20D Canon D7 and the 1D Mark 3.
This flash only works in Manual with all 3 bodies.
The TTL gives a FULL POWER flash in all functions which
leaves me with ZERO control. I have to use this flash
in Manual to control the flash output. I am not convinced
that ALL 540 flahes will work the same on all 3 of my
bodies as this one does. I will not say I wont recommend
this, because i know someone out there is having succes
- abcsr2ez4meJul 14, 2010by
How to know its a DUD
I've purchased 6 of these so far at various prices and theres a reason the ULTRA MINT CONDITION 540ez goes for much more than the +$60 ones. Mainly these flashes are very old, built well and can endure quite a beating as many of the 540ez flashes I got have more scuffs than my 580ex I use for weddings. They're very durable in that sense.
However a flash that has been used over time will reduce its ability to recharge after flashing. My mint condition 540ez will recharge to full flash in about 2 seconds while my 540ez with signs of abuse will recharge in about 6-8 seconds (unacceptable to me unless you're trying to annoy your model). So keep this all in mind when purchasing use 540's.
- kurt7etcSep 12, 2010by
I don't take many pictures that require the use of a flash but the Canon 540EZ TTL works as well as I want for anything I use it for on my 5D Mark II.
It does what it is intended to do and the Mark II can jump through hoops! Together they work fine for what I want.
I bought the 540 because I didn't need more of a flash unit!
I've learned over the 50 years of taking pictures with a 35mm camera and finally going digital in the 21st Century, not to buy more than what I need or will ever use. The 540 is fine for what I need. I believe the 540 is an above average speedlight, is fast enough recovery for me and I almost always bounce with a diffuser to soften the flash more than what is done automatically.