More items related to this product
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,929.00Trending at $3,499.00
- $5,297.95Trending at $5,999.00
- $1,629.95Trending at $1,996.95
- $2,196.00Trending at $2,796.95
- $1,429.00Trending at $1,472.89
- $649.99Trending at $729.95
- $414.99Trending at $549.00
About this product
- Product InformationClick high-resolution images with the Canon PowerShot SX40 Digital Camera, which shoots pictures with its 12.1 megapixels digital sensor. This Canon PowerShot camera has a 35x optical SuperZoom and 4x digital zoom. The Canon PowerShot SX40 Digital Camera has a 2.7-inch LCD screen as your primary viewfinder, which doubles up as your display screen for viewing stored images. This Canon camera has a built-in memory card slot, which supports reading SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, or an SDXC Memory Card of high capacity. Canon PowerShot camera supports 1920x1080/30p (H.264) HD movie recording with Stereo Sound. This Canon camera can shoot at up to 10.3 frames per second for 8 continuous shots.
- ModelSX40 HS
- Camera TypeCompact
- Optical Zoom35x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution12.1MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Focus AdjustmentAutofocus & Manual Focus
- Min Shutter Speed1 sec
- Light SensitivityISO 100-3200
- Flash TypeBuilt-In
- Camera Flash FeaturesAuto Flash,Flash Off,Red-eye Reduction Flash,Slow Sync
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeDigital
- Depth10.77 cm
- Height9.24 cm
- Width12.29 cm
- Weight557 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display Size2.7"
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10,Microsoft Windows 7,Microsoft Windows Vista,Microsoft Windows XP
- Max Video Resolution1920 x 1080
- FeaturesFace Detection,HDMI,Not Interchangeable Lenses,USB 2.0,With Tripod Mount
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Flash (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Tungsten (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed2.4 frames per second
Most relevant reviews
- meadehurstAug 02, 2012by
Easy to find great inages, and superb lenses achieve some excellent results
Such a great camera - delivers in every way. The lens quality is superb and has a smooth zoom in either direction, I love the option for eh 'conventional' viewfinder, so much better than just a screen, especially in sunlight! Have used ot for wildlife photography from long distances, and achieved some great images. The only potential downside is the size - it does not pretend to be a compact, but I also use a Canon compact if I need a smaller unit, but obviously has reduced zoom capability!
- p.laasAug 07, 2012by
One camera that can do it all.
Well i was tied between nikon p510 and the canon sx40. I chose the canon and its a great camera. the zoom is excellent. I have taken some great picture of the moon. My friend could not believe that i got such close up of the moon with this little camera. Video function is great to. There is loads of other usefull funtions when taking landscape shots and you also have slow motion video which could give some funny results. have a look at some youtube videos, there is some really good reviews and some girl called fatdragon does turials on the model. Overall its a very good camera for some ones that needs great zoom and a all in one camera. I use ti have a nikon d60 with loads of lenses to carry around but now i have one camera only to carry around. The picture quality is not quite as good as a bottom range DSLR but very close. you will have to pay loads of money to get zoom as big as the canon sx40 highly recommended Read full review
- shennaparejaJan 04, 2012by
Super like it! Even my friends who have dlsr/slr were impressed!
It's my first slr-type like camera and I found it very easy to use. The 35x zoom was amazing, increadible, awesome etc. I bought the camera for a concert and I was very pleased. Got my videos in super clear HD format. And the swivel monitor was very useful since I have to held the camera high enough and I was still able to see what's on the screen. Considering the fact that the concert has low light setting the pictures and videos were magnificent. It's capability to take still pictures while recording video was good idea but it pause the recording and display the still picture. So if you don't want that in the video I advised not to take still picture during video recording. Since I'm a beginner in this type of camera I like the on-screen notes that says if I need the flash or not. I always use the auto button so I haven't explore other functionality yet. I recommend this bridge camera if you don't want to replace lens, want large zoom capacity at affordable price. Read full review
- cal2070Apr 04, 2012by
As a 'do it all' compact -5 stars
Bought my first ever Canon to replace my Olympus 26x optical zoom. I'm not a camera 'anorak' and my wife hasn't read the manual yet!!!! - so I'm still just 'pointing and pressing'. I take the camera with me when I'm out and about and so far I have had some very good photos, especially of deer and birds. It has a few minor irritations compared to my old camera but I've had 3 Olympus cameras and knew how to use the system. Time will tell with this Canon but shop about for best price - some of the High Street stores are asking stupid money for this item. All in all, it'll never compare with a SLR but who wants to carry a rucksack full of lenses etc. If you are looking for a very flexible camera, one for home and family and one that'll make you feel proud of your shots when outdoors - give this a go. Read full review
- martinium_nDec 10, 2011by
Very good for point and shoot, but also gives much more flexibility!
Right now this probably the best bridge camera out there! All the features for the class, It has the latest canon chip Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor, and way better quality than HS30SI. The speed shoot mode and overall speed is boosted. 35x zoom and full HD video. I wont get the quality of a proper DSLR, but its close to the entry levels. Very good camera for people that doesn't want to change/buy/carry additional lenses and accessories in a bag! Recommended Gave 4 stars for picture quality because I am used compare pictures made with mid to high range dslr and compared to them the quality is a bit grainy, and not that sharp. But for its class it gives the best quality together with panasonic lumix FZ150. Better lens on the canon, thought.