All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationColor communicates. It introduces you before you say a word, making the PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH the ultimate image-maker. Five fashion-forward hues expressed in pure aluminum add a new burst of excitement to Canon's Perpetual Curve design. Of course, a camera that brings out the best in you also delivers Canon's most advanced technology features. Call it style with substance, for a new level of picture-taking pleasure.
- ModelDigital ELPH SD1100 IS / Digital IXUS 80 IS
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom3x
- Digital Zoom4x
- Sensor Resolution8.0 MP
- Screen Size2.5"
- Sensor Size1/2.5"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range3-50cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera38 - 114mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/1500 sec
- Min Shutter Speed15 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Evaluative,Spot
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 400,ISO 80,ISO 800,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max1600
- Flash TypeBuilt-in flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.3 m - 3.5 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Flash +/- Compensation
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMultiMediaCard,MultiMediaCardplus,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeOptical
- Optical Viewfinder TypeReal-image zoom
- Depth0.87 in.
- Height2.16 in.
- Width3.42 in.
- Weight4.41 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - color
- Display Size2.5"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - mono
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.3 - 10.4,MS Windows 2000 SP4 or later,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP SP2
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVI,MJPEG
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Max Video Resolution640 x 480
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesAF Lock,Audio Recording,Automatic Face Tracking,Built-In Speaker,Cropping An Image,DPOF Support,Date/Time Stamp,Digital Image Rotation,Digital Noise Reduction,Direct Print,Exif Print Support,Histogram Display,Motion Detection,Orientation Detection,PictBridge Support,Red eye Fix,Resizing an Image,USB 2.0 Compatibility
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsAquarium,Beach,Color accent,Color swap,Digital macro,Fireworks,Foliage,Indoor,Kids & pets,Night snapshot,Portrait mode,Snow,Stitch assist,Sunset,Underwater
- Special EffectsBlack & White,Darker Skin Tone,Lighter Skin Tone,Neutral,Positive Film,Sepia,Vivid,Vivid Blue,Vivid Green,Vivid Red
- Continuous Shooting Speed1.3 frames per second
- Exterior ColorSwing silver
Most relevant reviews
- frankie493Oct 04, 2016by
Second one I own
Dropped the first one in water, so I got another one. I don't use it much, but know it takes great picture. I owned one in the past.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- tightline114May 03, 2015by
Simple and renders good to excellent photos.
I purchased this camera because my other (same camera) got dunked in water. When I first bought my original camera, it performed flawlessly, basic simplistic workings. I also purchased extra camera equipment to specifically fit this model Canon. I did not wish to buy another new camera and start over, although the new cameras feature advanced technology. I decided to go back to what I'm use to. I tried to buy this exact camera at the usual camera outlets and no one carried this specific model anymore, too dated. Through ebay, I found and purchased this camera. I am quite happy with this purchase.
- txmike1945Aug 26, 2011by
Canon SD1100 IS, maybe the best little camera of all.
The SD1100 IS is unique in that it has enough pixels to give superb resolution, and also has features most pocket cameras don't. For example the ability to take 2-second nighttime shots without flash, under the "fireworks" setting. Great for lightning storms. It also has digital macro for extreme close-ups plus time-lapse video, either 1 or 2 second intervals. Plus it operates great as a fully "auto" snapshot camera. We have two of these cameras in the family, in my estimation the best all-round camera for a decent price.
- sart0447Jun 04, 2013by
The best little camera in the market.
I had a camera like this one and while in Kabul Afghanistan, I lost it with all my photos on the chip. I was very disappointed because i used it to take a lot of pictures of the places i traveled to and visited and different people that i saw. Sometimes i had to be very discrete and the camera worked quite well. I guess i just missed the camera. So I saw an opportunity and bought this one that i saw on Ebay. I was comfortable using the camera but I never could replace all the photos that i took.
- sea_starrJun 08, 2012by
If you can - buy one of these!
I purchased this pre-owned to take pictures of my listings. I have thought it was me that made my pictures "blurry" and maybe it is! But the auto = stabilization really does the trick. Camera is easy to use, and battery charges really fast - over all I am super happy with this camera!
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $9,250.20Trending at $10,860.89
- $566.41Trending at $579.95
- $584.99Trending at $669.49
- $2,592.26Trending at $2,898.00
- $1,179.99Trending at $1,499.00
- $5,199.00Trending at $5,399.99
- $779.99Trending at $875.00