All listings for this product
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesWith the light, compact Canon VIXIA HF10, you can have stunning AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) format recording with the ease and numerous benefits of flash memory. It's used in some of the world's most innovative electronic products such as laptop computers, MP3 players, PDAs and cell phones. Canon offers the best in flash memory with dual flash memory-record to both the camcorder's 16 GB internal memory and a removable SDHC card, extending your available recording space and offering added flexibility in file transfer and playback.Add to that the VIXIA HF10's Canon exclusive features such as Canon's own 3.3 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Sensor and advanced DIGIC DV II Image Processor, SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization, Instant Auto Focus, Canon's 2.7" Widescreen Multi-Angle Vivid LCD and the Genuine Canon 12x HD video zoom lens and you have a flash memory camcorder that's hard to beat and unmistakably Canon.
- Family LineCanon VIXIA
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom12x
- Digital Zoom200X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatFlash Card
- Resolution3.3 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Weight13.4 Oz.
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Sensor Size1/3.2"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range4.8mm - 57mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size37 mm
- Lens System FeaturesBuilt-in lens shield
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Max Shutter Speed1/2000 sec
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Program,Shutter-Priority
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size16 GB
- Recording SpeedLP,SP,XP+
- Supported Flash MemorySD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Video Recording Length125 Minutes
- Depth5.1 in.
- Height2.5 in.
- Width2.9 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - color
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI,1 x USB,1 x component video output,1 x composite video/audio output,1 x headphones,1 x microphone
- HDMI OutputYes
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Battery ManufacturerCanon BP-809
- Effective Still Resolution2.8 MP
- Effective Video Resolution2.1 MP
- Digital Video FormatAVCHD
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Additional Features24p Cinema Mode,Histogram Display,Still Shot Capability
- High Definition Video Support1080p
- Night ModeWithout Night Shot
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode
Most relevant reviews
- fueledbymusicApr 22, 2012by
AVCHD format. Very good quality videos, BUT demands a high power computer
This camcorder is incredibly good! The videos are as clear as those News cast videos!... YES you heard me right! The quality is unbelievably clear! But GOTTA have an HD TV. It handles the low light really good and has built in lights, NICE! What I like too is the built in 3.1 mp snapshot camera feature, with a flash! All this in one! The software it came with is simple to use! It's easy to make DVDs with it. You can make AVCHD (HD videos) on a standard DVDR as computer files that play ONLY on a blu-ray player. OR you can make a standard DVD to play on ANY DVD player (video is standard def, NOT HD). But keep in mind that you have to have THIS software to be able to use it on the computer. (Or AT LEAST a AVCHD player software) You cannot just hook camcorder via USB and click on a file on it to play, it does NOT work like that without this software. BUT you CAN extract the pictures without the software however. More about the software: When making a regular DVD disk (for all DVD players) it takes the computer about 3 hours to convert the HD files to standard DVD and write it. But if you make an HD disk, The comnputer does it pretty quickly. This is a disk to make as a hard copy. (or if you have a blu ray player) The built in 16gb memory is conveinient cause I don't need to carry anything else but this cam! No threat of misplacing a memory card! Or I can also put extra memory cards in cam for extra time and not have to carry any cards in pockets! The recording time on the highest setting is 2 hrs. It has 3 other settings. Even the cheaper setting looks good, Its hard for me to tell the difference. This setting gives about 5 hrs for 16gigs. Ultimately, the thing I LIKE about this HF10 are 1) built in 3.1 mp snapshot camera with a flash! Works great! 2) News Cast quaility video 3) No tapes to buy, NO MOVING PARTS! 4) its really good with the low light, and the built in video light! 5) The compact size. Slightly smaller than a MiniDV tape camcorder. Now the things that are bad! 1) An expensive hobby and can be inconvenient since you HAVE to buy everything HD to enjoy the video to fullest! 2) The AVCHD file DEMANDS a high power computer! Otherwise HD videos will NOT play properly! Need at least 3gh processor (or min of 2.4gh if dual core). EVEN when I have this computer, STILL has jittering. 3) MAJOR capability ISSUES! You need to upgrade your tube TV to HD TV, your computer and everything else to HD capability if you dont have anything HD that is, to get the FULL benefit of this HF10. BUT not only that, a lot of todays programs DONT support AVCHD. And always have issues working with AVCHDs, cause they take ALL the processor power! And STILL one more thing. Takes a lot of time to upload this kind of files on youtube. BUT its not so much of whether you have a HDTV and blu-ray player or not, how many people with have them?? 4) Need LOTs of space on harddrives. 16 gigs you'll need for about 2 hrs of video (highest quality setting) These HD videos are awesome, BUT does come at a price! 5) oh, one more thing I didn't like too! The fact it does NOT have a viewfinder! Its just the pop out screen that I have. I don't always want to use the screen! Having owned this cam for about 3 yrs. The only issue I had was the zoom switch was stuck. It zooms up on its own. And always have to hold it down to keep from zooming up on its own. That's all the issue I had. Read full review
- seacliff115May 02, 2012by
Just a good all around camcorder that lacks the'joystick' for the LCD.
I bought my camcorder used and it needs a little cleaning. The les cover only shuts half way most of the time so I will have to be careful not to ruin the lens. Other than that it works well and captures motion without a hitch. The stabilizer feature is great. I film a lot of horses and it can get pretty shaky without that feature or a tri-pod. It didn't come with a manual or software so I am winging it until I get around to downloading or ordering one or both. I am a little disappointed that I didn't receive the cables that I need to transfer the footage onto my TV or computer. Next time l'll ask more questions and read it more carefully!
- nascar_collecto...Feb 03, 2011by
One awesome video camera
This camcorder is awesome. It's as complex to learn almost as much as my Canon DSLR but not too bad for a beginner. Small and compact, fits in the palm of my hand perfectly. Very light. Picture when played back on my 50" HDTV is as good as my FIOS HD channels if not better. The picture quality is stunning. I would highly recommend to those just getting started with HD video.
- kangnian123Nov 12, 2011by
Camcorder is excellent, but with flaw.
The video quality is excellent, but it couldn't charge! I bought it without battery and charger for $177 a few weeks ago. I bought a Canon geniune BP808 battery (takes 10 days) and a Canon power adapter, the battery couldn't be charged. I returned the battery. Then I bought another Canon BP808 battery, it works properly, but still refused to be charged. Putting it on other Canon camcorder, everything was OK. So, the trouble comes from THIS Canon HF10. How should I do?
- wess_west_53Sep 28, 2011by
Canon hf10 is awesome!
Awesome quality, bought this to make music videos for youtube. Its easy to use and it was better than the JVC eveiro, samsung s10, and the panasonic hdc imo..... and yes i tried them all.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $290.00Trending at $399.90
- $375.00Trending at $394.00
- $298.00Trending at $379.99
- $174.99Trending at $194.00
- $50.32Trending at $56.60
- $45.99Trending at $79.89
- $17.00Trending at $19.95