Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $280.00+ Shipping
- Used condition
- Sold by moose29
- See details for delivery est.
Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesCanon's venerable GL2 camcorder has proven itself to be tough, durable, and capable over years of service, lauded for both its image quality and resistance to the abuse it can take in the field. A Standard Definition camera, it uses primarily MiniDV tapes rather than flash memory. This makes it a good option for those wandering in marginal parts of the world where more delicate electronics might not hold up. It can also record onto SD or MMC cards, giving you a number of media choices. While the minicassettes may not be as compact as memory cards, they are tiny enough to pack dozens along if need be, and each will hold from 80 to 220 minutes of video, depending on the speed you choose. It records both light and sound in digital format, so editing is as easy (or not) as you're used to.
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom20X
- Digital Zoom100X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatFlash Card
- Resolution0.4 MP
- Screen Size2.5"
- Weight44.1 Oz.
- Sensor Type3CCD,3CCD with Pixel Shift
- Sensor Size1/4"
- Optical Sensor Qty3
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range4.2mm - 84mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size58 mm
- Lens System FeaturesAspherical Lens,Fluorite Glass
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Lens Construction10 group(s) / 12 element(s)
- Lens ManufacturerCanon
- Max Shutter Speed1/15000 sec
- Min Illumination6 lux
- Min Shutter Speed1/60 sec
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Spot
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority
- Flash TypeNone
Memory / Storage
- Digital Storage MediaMicrodrive
- Viewfinder TypeLCD
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size0.44"
- Depth12 in.
- Height5.4 in.
- Width4.6 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - color
- Display Size2.5"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - stereo
- Connector Types1 x DC power input,1 x S-Video input / output,1 x composite video/audio (input/output),1 x headphones,1 x microphone
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Run Time Up ToUp To 65 min
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Effective Video Resolution0.4 MP
- Additional Features16:9 Widescreen Mode,AF Lock,Accessories Hot Shoe,Auto Power Save,Built-In Speaker,Color Control,Color Viewfinder,DPOF Support,Interval Shooting Mode,Still Shot Capability,USB Compatibility
- Night ModeYes
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode,Frame Movie Mode
Most relevant reviews
- drlove2uJun 08, 2012by
This camera, from the first time i saw it i loved it. All the features it has is all that i wanted, especially not using the tape and recording to a pc and having full control over your recording. I bought this camera for a couple months now but haven't been able to use it because i had to order the other part of the power cord to go into the camera and am working on a portable power pack because i need it for mobile use. One thing with the camera the video screen turns upside down after a while when am watching from the back but when i push it all the way to the side of the camera it's back to normal so i don't know if i have to do something in the menu to fix it but the camera is a great piece and i look forward to using it to do all my videos for church and part time jobs. Though I have not used it yet i would still recommend it to my friends if they want to buy one. With all the features it has, you can't go wrong, it' a good buy.Read full review
- hapticzSep 02, 2016by
Vivid imaging with Canon quality Optics.........
Known for professional grade production facilities, expert design techniques and superior manufacturing capacity, Canon's GL2 is a result of the Canon dedication and service to it's customers. Brilliant and crystal clear rendition's transferred to minDV tape, with full frame rate.
Verified purchase: Yes
- scctwa0004Mar 23, 2016by
Dette er det aller beste camera jeg har filmet med. Super proffe opptaker på det. Mvh Terje
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- devecan0Jul 14, 2016by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- pastor9339Apr 08, 2013by
Workhorse camera with high quality and relatively low cost. I'll buy more.
I have found that the Canon GL 2 is easy to use and easy to train people who are inexperienced with technology to use, as well. It has more features than most people will need, and operates with excellent quality without going to really expensive cameras. Of the three I bought, two did not have the output cord. If you need one, don't buy the really cheap cord. They just don't work. Get the real one and save your aggravation. I don't use the battery, so couldn't rate battery life.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $275.00Trending at $298.00
- $368.50Trending at $399.00
- $139.95Trending at $164.95
- $189.99Trending at $224.49
- $169.99Trending at $174.93
- $199.00Trending at $269.99
- $1,852.86Trending at $1,910.16