Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $3,138.00Trending at $3,199.99
- $779.99Trending at $996.95
- $399.99Trending at $422.95
- $570.00Trending at $698.00
- $1,199.00Trending at $1,319.00
- $2,689.99Trending at $2,898.00
- $1,179.00Trending at $1,499.00
About this product
- Product InformationCapture all your special moments with the Canon EOS 500D/Rebel T1i DSLR camera and cherish the memories over and over again. With a 15.1 MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 image processor, this DSLR camera lets you take smooth, detailed, and high-quality images. The 3-inch monitor on this Canon 15.1 MP camera makes it easy to view photos, read menu, and compose shots. With a high ISO sensitivity (up to 12,800), the Canon EOS 500D/Rebel T1i captures clear photos even in low-light conditions. What's more, you can connect this Canon 15.1 MP camera to the USB port of a PC or a printer, thanks to its dedicated interface cable. All things considered, this Canon 15.1 MP camera, with an EF-S IS 18-55 mm lens, aims to be a great travel companion.
- Model500D / Rebel T1i
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Optical Zoom3x
- Sensor Resolution15.1MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size14.9 x 22.3mm
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Lens For SDEF-S IS 18-55mm
- Lens ApertureF/3.5-5.6
- Focal Length Range18mm - 55mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size58 mm
- Auto Focus typeTTL phase detection
- Lens Construction11 element(s)
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera29 - 88mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed1/60 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure RangeEV 0-20 ( ISO 100 )
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,E-TTL II program flash,Programme,aperture-priority,bulb,depth-of-field,manual,shutter-priority
- Light SensitivityISO 100-3200,ISO 12800,ISO 6400,ISO auto (100-3200)
- Light Sensitivity Max12800
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF illuminator,Auto Flash,Flash +/- compensation,flash exposure bracketing
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in mode,flash OFF mode,red-eye reduction
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySD Card,SD Memory Card,SDHC Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeOptical,Optical (Through-the-lens)
- Optical Viewfinder TypeEye-level mirror pentaprism
- Viewfinder - Field Coverage95%
- Viewfinder Magnification0.87x
- Dioptric Correction Range-3 to +1
- Depth6.19 cm
- Height9.75 cm
- Width12.88 cm
- Weight480 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - colour
- Display Size3"
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output,1 x remote control
- HDMI OutputYes
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Description1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 1080 mAh ( included )
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatH.264,HD (High Definition),QuickTime
- Still Image FormatDCF 2.0,DPOF,EXIF 2.21,JPEG,RAW,RAW + JPEG,Raw Image
- Max Video Resolution1920 x 1080
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- FeaturesFace Detection,HDMI,Image Stabilisation,Interchangeable Lenses,Motion Detection,Red-eye Correction,USB 2.0
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ProgramsClose-up,Landscape,Night portrait,Portrait mode,Sports mode
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Flash (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Manual,Shade (Preset),Tungsten (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed3.4 frames per second
Most relevant reviews
- rodtheoMay 09, 2012by
Superb value for money DSLR.
I bought this Canon refurbished EOS 500D / 18-55 IS lens because it was superb value for money from the Ebay Canon Outlet. It is as good as new, and works perfectly. It cost less than a used one! It is small(ish), fairly light and fits nicely in the hand. Dislikes - well, can't think of any! Perhaps the continuous burst rate is just a little slow at 3.7 fps, but this isn't a high end camera. It has full HD video recording and a HDMI output to feed a HD TV. It compares very well to competing Nikon and other brand cameras at a similar price, and of course there is a vast range of lenses and accessories to choose from, Canon, Sigma, Tamron and more.
- fwb3001Jun 09, 2012by
Excellent quality and value.
I bought the Canon because I wanted to upgrade from my pocket-sized digital camera and to produce high-quality images. To obtain that level of quality, I have to accept that it will be necessary to carry a larger piece of equipment that can't really be unobtrusive or discreet. Given that photographic activity must be open and that the inconvenience of carrying a comparatively large camera has to be accepted, I have to say that the image quality so far has been very pleasing. The various automated settings are convenient and produce good results, and the manual options permit any 'tickles' that may be required so as to conform with artistic preferences or to deal with technical situations that push the boundaries of the automated facilities. I picked the Canon after consulting published reviews that compared it with similar products. It was the only one that came within my budget. I consider it to be excellent value for money, and I haven't been disappointed. Read full review
- m6swwDec 10, 2011by
A good starter camera for those wanting to get into SLR cameras.
I bought mine from the Canon Outlet as a refurb unit, to see if i could make use of an SLR. So far the camera has performed well in many differant situations. I have used the camera in full auto and in full manual modes. Now I am getting used to the menus and setting up the camera is now permanently in Manual. The battery lasts well allowing for over 800 shots of large fine images. The servo focus is great for action shots, but it is not all ways accurate. Only around 50% of shots are crisp. Obviously performance is governe by the lense attached and my best results have been obtained with a 70-200 L-series lense. The inbuily flash is only realy useful for close up work. A dedicated flash gun is much better. A good camera which can be purchased cheaply as a first dip into the world of Digital SLRs. And when you want a better model all the lenses will be useable on your upgrade. Read full review
- ecogardenerMar 04, 2012by
great product, excelllent features.
replacing older cameras, this product is easy to use and produces quality pictures at close range and in indoor dark areas at slow shutter speeds. the anti-shake is a great innotive addition. best camera I have ever had.
- rhiikiiSep 10, 2012by
Fantastic camera, does exactly what it says on the tin!
I purchased this camera as I was using a Fujifilm Finepix camera and felt I wanted something a bit more versatile as it was a bridge camera I was using. I am in love with this camera! I managed to get it second hand for £300, and it is the best purchase I have made! It is a beautiful camera, I cannot fault it all all. I have purchased The self help book for idiots for this camera which has also helped hugely. The shutter sound is a bit noisy, this is the only concern I have with this camera and it isn't even a problem in the slightest. Couldn't recommend this camera enough!