CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- SynopsisHead Coach of University of Kentucky's men's basketball team John Calipari writes about turning life's setbacks into successes.,Job loss. Foreclosure. Relationship woes. Health issues. Dire financial straits. If recent history has taught us anything, it's that nobody goes through life unscathed -- no matter how rich, how smart, how talented, or how fortunate they may be. White collar, blue collar, or no collar, there is an undeniable commonality to the raw emotion that strikes people when they are knocked down. University of Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari has seen the bottom - from two very distinct and very public setbacks -- but he has learned that bad situations are only permanent if you allow them to be. Fired from his job as head coach 20 games into his third season with the NBA's New Jersey Nets in 1999, Calipari was publicly humiliated and emotionally devastated. But Calipari never allowed the negative to overcome him or those around him, and he began plotting a course for his first bounce back. It was a journey that took him to the University of Memphis and, in 2008, to the NCAA's marquee event, the men's basketball Final Four. When that trip culminated in a crushing, overtime defeat in the title game, Calipari began to bounce back again -- this time armed with the knowledge and fortitude he gained in overcoming the Nets' firing. One year after that defeat, from where he watched his team lose a nine-point lead with two minutes and twelve seconds left in regulation, Calipari was tabbed as the head coach of college basketball's all-time winningest program, the University of Kentucky Wildcats. In ten years, he went from his lowest low to landing his dream job at a dream program. What Coach Cal -- as players, peers, and fans affectionately call him -- learned from his experiences was the importance of having the right attitude when dealing with life's major impediments: with every hard knock comes an occasion to reevaluate and reinvent. Now Coach Cal asks that you join his team of Bounce Backers and allow him the privilege of coaching you through what may, at times, seem to be an insurmountable challenge. With a combination of tough love and understanding, Coach Cal takes you under his wing in much the same fashion he guides the young men who play for him. By becoming an active participant in your own resurrection -- through practice exercises and tips from Coach Cal and his deep bench of highly successful people who have survived their own bounce backs -- you too will gain the tools and insight to understand that it's never a matter of how far you have fallen, but instead it's about how high you bounce back.,NCAA finalist University of Memphis men's basketball team coach John Calipari writes about turning life's setbacks into successes.
- AuthorDavid Scott,John Calipari
- Number Of Pages304 pages
- Publication Date2009-09-01
- PublisherFree Press
- Copyright Date2009
- LC Classification NumberBF637.S8C276 2009
- Dewey Decimal155.2/4
- Dewey Edition22
- eBook FormatContent Package,EPUB
- Reviews"If you don't have to bounce back from a perceived failure at some time in your life, you lie about other things too! Given today's economic times, we're all bouncing back in some way. Let Coach Calipari guide you through your bounce back. I'm a big Coach Cal fan and this is a must-read."-- Ken Blanchard, bestselling author ofThe One Minute Manager,"Perhaps the ultimate challenge in sports is how you bounce back when you've been knocked down. John Calipari might be the best ever at responding to such adversity."-- Bob Rotella, bestselling author ofLife Is Not A Game of Perfect,"The essence of Coach Cal's motivational speech that the Yahoo! sales force was fortunate enough to hear in person, is echoed and amplified in this book. Here, the reader has personal access to Coach's tips, real life experiences and his seemingly bottomless reserve of enthusiasm and optimistic determination." -- Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz,"This book provides valuable honesty, perspective, and an empowered plan of action for not if, but when , hard times hit. None of us, even those at the very top of our fields who seem golden, are immune from shattering life experiences. Coach Calipari, pulling unflinchingly from his own personal pain, shares critical truths. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional, bouncing back is what winners like Coach Calipari do."-- Ashley Judd, Human Rights Activist, Actor, Kentucky fan,"When the ball doesn't bounce your way, you have to find a way to Bounce Back. Coach Calipari provides you with the playbook to rebound from life's many setbacks.-- Harvey Mackay, author of the New York Times #1 bestseller Swim With The Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive,"Whether in sports or in life, you have to know how to bounce back. In this book, Coach Cal gives you a blueprint for overcoming life's setbacks."-- 2008-09 NBA Most Valuable Player LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.