Bossypants by Tina Fey (2011, Hardcover / Hardcover)
Top Selling in Textbooks, Education
Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing by Smeltzer, Kerry H. Cheever and Janice L. Hinkle (2013, Hardcover, Revised)
Great Prices on Textbooks, Education
- $54.99Trending at $57.92
- $30.77Trending at $34.50
- $89.40Trending at $93.77
About this product
- SynopsisBefore Liz Lemon, before "Weekend Update," before "Sarah Palin," Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV. She has seen both these dreams come true. At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon -- from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence. Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we've all suspected: you're no one until someone calls you bossy. ( Includes Special, Never-Before-Solicited Opinions on Breastfeeding, Princesses, Photoshop, the Electoral Process, and Italian Rum Cake!),On her way to becoming an award-winning superstar, Tina Fey struggled through some questionable haircuts, some after-school jobs, the rise of nachos as a cultural phenomenon, a normal childhood, a happy marriage and joyful motherhood. Now she can reflect on what she's learned: you're no one until someone calls you bossy.
- AuthorTina Fey
- Number Of Pages288 pages
- FormatHardcover / Hardcover
- Publication Date2011-04-05
- PublisherLittle Brown & Company
- Copyright Date2011
- Weight17.6 Oz
- Height1 In.
- Width6.2 In.
- Length9.5 In.
- LC Classification NumberPN2287.F4255A3 2011
- Dewey Decimal792.702/8092 B
- Dewey Edition23
- Reviews"Absolutely delicious!","Do not print this glowing recommendation of Tina Fey's book until I've been dead a hundred years.","Hilarious and insightful. Laugh-out-loud funny -- oh no, a full moon. No! Arrgh! Get away from me! Save yourself!","Mommy, where are my pretzels?","Tina Fey is an ugly, pear-shaped, overrated troll.","Totally worth it.",ADVANCE PRAISE FOR BOSSYPANTS:"I hope that's not really the cover. That's really going to hurt sales.",PRAISE FOR TINA FEY: "You'd be really pretty if you lost weight."
Most relevant reviews
- hebertdespinosaApr 08, 2011by
An Amusing and Entertaining Read
"Bossypants" is a funny autobiography by Tina Fey. Her writing is as amusing as the roles she play on TV. From her relatively humble beginnings to being a recognizable and smart writer and comedian, life taught a lot. She is able to recount everything with a good sense of humor, even the moments of desperation and misfortunes of the past.
This book is relatively short on length and filled with pictures, making it easy to read and like. The Kindle enhanced version (for most Apple touch devices) contains enjoyable multimedia content that includes both extra material and narration - by Tina - of select chapters.
- apt0113May 10, 2011by
A must-have for fans of Fey!!!
As a huge Tina Fey fan, I found her book heartfelt in the most hilarious ways!!! Comedy is my absolute favorite genre and I really appreciate great comedic writing - especially from a fellow female. If you like Tina Fey on during her SNL days and are an avid fan of 30 Rock, this book is a must-have!! Also a definite must-have for those working in a male dominated industry...you'll appreciate this in more ways than one! A quick read and stunning page-turner!
- 357celiadogMay 25, 2011by
WELL worth the money, if you could put a price on LAUGHTER!!! It's great!!
I bought this book because I love Tina Fey! It's the best, funniest book I've read in a LONG time!! She is so witty, that sometimes you'll find yourself thinking how is it possible any one person could be so clever!! Once you start reading, give yourself time, because you really won't want to put it down!! A+++++++++ Tina Fey!!
- aggiearlene05Jul 05, 2011by
I bought this book after hearing so many great things about it (plus I love Tina Fey) and it did not disappoint. It is geared a little more toward women but my husband read it and laughed just as hard as I did. We both agreed that we could almost hear her saying the words out loud. Tina Fey is a brilliant writer and Bossypants will make your stomach hurt from laughing so much.
- 64775250@delete...Aug 04, 2011by
made me love her even more
Great book. Really laugh out loud funny. It read like a script from SNL or 30 Rock, both of which I enjoy immensely. If you are a fan of either, I would recommend this book. If you are not a fan, you will find it entertaining but will probably find a good portion of the book a little boring where she describes her experiences on those shows.