Top Selling in Video Games
Great Prices on Video Games
- $50.99Trending at $54.99
- $50.99Trending at $53.50
- $37.00Trending at $40.00
- $16.59Trending at $17.95
- $55.50Trending at $56.99
- $39.99Trending at $40.50
- $19.99Trending at $23.97
About this product
- Product InformationBorderlands is a far-out first-person shooting and driving game with a penchant for team-based tactics. The game is designed to be played cooperatively with up to four players, though it can be played solo as well. Set on a science fiction frontier planet where anarchy rules, the action-adventure casts the player as a mercenary character of one of four basic types: A well-rounded soldier skilled with weapons and vehicles, a hulking berserker specialized in heavy weapons and up-close melee combat, a stealthy siren with the power to disable enemies and vanish from view, and a sniping-specialist hunter with a pet hawk that helps in battle. The characters have complementing strengths and weaknesses, so in campaign missions as well as in pick-up battles, there are advantages for different character types that work together as a balanced team.
In the main campaign, players fight through rewarding missions in the wilds of the desolate planet, engaging in high-speed vehicular battles and small-squad combat through sophisticated settings in which solid recon and tactical planning win the day. Characters gain experience and level up, with customizable ability improvements as in a traditional role-playing game. With interchangeable parts, thousands and thousands of different possible weapons are available in Borderlands, and a character's proficiency and accuracy chances rise with repeated use of a certain weapon type. Resources such as ammunition and cash are shared among the squad, but the weapons and armor pieces that drop from fallen enemies may be up for grabs. In some multiplayer modes, characters on the same team can duel one another for the right to claim gear from a slain monster.
Designed for play on Internet-connected consoles and computers, the game features multiplayer combat with the four basic character archetypes in quick, online pick-up games. The high-def art style portrays eccentrically geared, slightly exaggerated human forms, in a land of rich, gritty textures, with a hint of an outline drawn around people and objects, for the appearance of a graphic novel come to life. Borderlands was developed by Gearbox Software, the studio behind the Brothers in Arms World War II games, acclaimed for their realistic portrayal of squad combat and historical accuracy of weapons and vehicles in fine detail.
- Publisher2K Games
- PlatformMicrosoft Xbox 360
- ESRB RatingM - Mature
- ESRB DescriptorBlood and Gore, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Strong Language
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-4
- Release Year2009
- Game Special Features
- Coherent open-world adventure; co-op and competitive multiplayer options
- Enter fast-paced, small-squad battles as one of four distinct character types
- Engage in RPG-style exploration and development over an extensive campaign
- Accessible, action-packed, Internet-connected team-oriented multiplayer battles
- Developed by Gearbox Software, creator of the Brothers in Arms series
- Coherent open-world adventure; co-op and competitive multiplayer options
- Game SeriesBorderlands Series
Most relevant reviews
- orangemastodonNov 04, 2010by
You want a true Shooter RPG for the Xbox 360 this is it, tons of different guns and just loads of fun. Best part you don't have to do it alone, bring in up too three friends and have all a ball this game is the first of it's kind and it doesn't disappoint and when you finally finish it, they have downloadable content that will make you smile. This game is just revolutionary and should be played by all!
- senrichSep 02, 2012by
This is simply the best coop xbox 360 game.
At first I was put off by the cartoon like graphics, but I played on anyway. I was pleasantly surprised by this game. It's not much if you play by yourself and it's not much of an rpg, really. If, however, you like coop games, then this is the one. The character customization and complementary abilities really make this game excellent. This game has a crazy amount of weaponry and the enemies are challenging. The story is not deep, but engaging enough and lasts long enough. If you're looking for an RPG, err, look for another game. It's RPGish, but it's really a fun coop FPS with an odd graphic style. Oh and a side note, this game is great for testing out controllers. If there's any drift at all, you'll find out quickly enough.
- jamesfan623Jul 23, 2016by
This game is funny and entertaining to play. 5 stars.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- davidlynn86Jul 31, 2012by
One of the best games I have ever played! Great co-op play and single play!
Once of the best games I have ever played! I really do not like first person shooter games, but I do like RPG games. This games combines them both with awesome weapon "drops" and a cool leveling system. Another great thing about this game is that you can play through the main story-line in co-op mode! Once you beat the game you can continue from the beginning while keeping your same level....the characters are harder, the drops are better, and the heart races faster! A+++
- mustang_grandpaAug 16, 2010by
"Borderlands" NOT FOR CHILDREN!!!
“NOT FOR CHILDREN”
ATTENTION: VERY BLOODY VIOLENT AND STRONG VERBAL LANGUAGE
BY THE ENEMY!!!
BUT IF YOU CAN HANDEL THAT YOU SHOULD LIKE THIS GAME IF YOU CAN SURVIVE!!!
I bought the game “BORDERLANDS” for myself so I could play coop and online with my daughter and friends, not knowing the real content of what I was buying, but I can deal with everything in this game. But there are some of you that will not want your children to see or hear the blood and violence and strong verbal language used by the enemy in this game.
My review for this Xbox 360 video game (BORDERLANDS) is to let everyone know that this game is intended for those who enjoy extreme bloody violence, strong adult language, and can also play up to “4-Players at a time” either as coop or online.
You can play through the game alone or with friends, and you can level up your characters with the points earned as well as help each player level up with certain mods found throughout the game.
You will endure violent and viscous creatures and bandits that you must kill to get through the entire game and you can go on Xbox live and download zombies Zombie Island, and the armory for 400 MS point’s ea. But the armory won’t work until you get to level 61, which the more you replay the game the higher your level goes.
I have been playing this game since I bought it on eBay, and yes I do get tired of it at times, but find I just can’t put it down for very long. I never was a very good as a first person shooter and keep getting killed on every battle game I play. But this one if you can find it and afford to buy it with all the money you make and find in the game, had a Rose Mod that gives you next to infenant health; as long as you don’t lose it when you pick up another mod that you picked up and held the x-button too long which switches that with whatever you have in your list of what you are using.
The rest of the items you have you can sell or buy a bank vault to store your items you wish to keep for later at the "Underdome". THE UNDERDOME is another place where you will have to prove yourself and win 5x5 waves of killing the enemy before they kill you. If you like this game, buy it and have fun!!!
If blood and violence and strong fowl language offends you or you don’t want your kids playing this type of game DON’T BUY IT!!! “BUT IF YOU CAN STOMACH IT, buy it and enjoy!!!
The copy I bought said like new, but it was still sealed and as far as I could tell it was NEW.
Buy and enjoy! By: mustang_grandpa…Aug. 16, 2010
I like everything about this game....it's litteraly a BLAST!!!Read full review