Top Selling in Fiction & Literature
Harry Potter: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Pts. 1 & 2 by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne and J. K. Rowling (2016, Hardcover)
About this product
- SynopsisThis powerful new novel by the bestselling author of Black and Blue, One True Thing, Object Lessons, and A Short Guide to a Happy Life begins when a teenage couple drives up, late at night, headlights out, to Blessings, the estate owned by Lydia Blessing. They leave a box and drive away, and in this instant, the world of Blessings is changed forever. Richly written, deeply moving, beautifully crafted, Blessings tells the story of Skip Cuddy, caretaker of the estate, who finds a baby asleep in that box and decides he wants to keep her, and of matriarch Lydia Blessing, who, for her own reasons, decides to help him. The secrets of the past, how they affect the decisions and lives of people in the present; what makes a person, a life, legitimate or illegitimate, and who decides; the unique resources people find in themselves and in a communitythese are at the center of this wonderful novel of love, redemption, and personal change by the writer about whom The Washington Post Book World said, "Quindlen knows that all the things we ever will be can be found in some forgotten fragment of family."
- AuthorAnna Quindlen
- Number Of Pages400 pages
- Edition DescriptionLarge Type
- Publication Date2002-09-17
- PublisherRandom House Large Print
- Weight22.4 Oz
- Height1 In.
- Width6.4 In.
- Length9.5 In.
- Dewey DecimalFIC
- Dewey Edition22
- ReviewsPraise for Black and Blue "Quindlen writes with power and grace." The Boston Globe "Like her columns, Quindlen's novels are written with intelligence, clarity and heartrending directness." Newsday "Pulitzer Prizewinning journalist Anna Quindlen demonstrates the same winning qualities that inform her journalism: close observation, well-reasoned argument and appealing economy of language. This portrait [is] illuminating and, as is true of most anything Quindlen writes, well worth the read." People "A refreshing, wise and truth-telling novel about life and marriage...Quindlen writes about women as they really areneither helpless victims nor angry polemicists, but intelligent human beings struggling to do what's right for those they love and for themselves. A book to read and savor." Kirkus Reviews Praise for One True Thing "Like a brush with mortality, One True Thing leaves the reader feeling grateful, wide awake, lucky to be alive." Michael Chabon "A triumph." San Francisco Chronicle "Readers of her columns in the Times are aware that Anna Quindlen has a first-class mind; now they will know she has a great heart as well." Susan Isaacs