BlackBerry Storm2 9550 - 2GB - Black (Verizon) Smartphone
About this product
- Product InformationThe funky Storm2 9550, a smartphone from BlackBerry, comes with a full touchscreen QWERTY keyboard that boosts typing speeds. Marvel at the exquisite images on the BlackBerry smartphone, whose high-resolution 480 x 360 screen displays over 65,000 colors. The BlackBerry smartphone has an extended memory that allows you to store even more data. Working on the 3G and quad-band GSM, the Storm2 9550 lets you stay connected no matter where you are, whether home or abroad. Boasting Wi-Fi support, the BlackBerry smartphone lets you browse the internet or download content, as long as you are at a hotspot. Executive-ready, you can open and edit attachments as well as MS Office documents with this BlackBerry smartphone.
- Family LineBlackBerry Storm2
- Storage Capacity2GB
- Network Generation3G
- Network TechnologyCDMA / EVDO Rev. A,GSM / GPRS / EDGE / HSPA / WCDMA (UMTS)
- BandGSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband) WCDMA (UMTS) 2100 CDMA EVDO Rev. A 800/1900
- Camera Resolution3.2MP
- Supported Flash Memory CardsMicroSD,MicroSDHC
- Battery TypeLithium Ion
- Battery Capacity1400 mAh
- Battery Talk TimeUp to 300 min
- Battery Standby TimeUp to 305 hr
- Display TechnologyTFT LCD
- Screen Size3.25"
- Display Resolution480 x 360 pixels
- Color Depth16-bit (65000 colors)
- Touch ScreenYes
- Digital CameraYes
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardNo
- Email AccessYes
- Internet BrowserYes
- Height4.43 in.
- Depth0.55 in.
- Width2.25 in.
- Weight5.64 oz
- Antenna TypeInternal
Most relevant reviews
- jabeles613Oct 24, 2014by
Some advantages over iOS, but you may need an iPhone too.
I've been using the Blackberry Storm for five years and I am very impressed. I also use an iPad mini since May, 2013.
The Blackberry Storm 2 has been having some problems keeping up with the evolution of the network, slowing down and such. That's why I'm moving to an iPhone 6+.
But the Blackberry is super at keeping track of details of daily life ("memos"), contacts, and providing some great apps. I use Google Maps on the Blackberry storm to check traffic while driving into and out of New York from New Jersey every week. It is better than using the iPad mini.
- toprandomstuffMar 07, 2016by
A brilliant way to relive the past.
I bought this RIM Blackberry because of my intrest of the screen offering taptic feedback, and it's low price. I am happy to report that while the product functions quite will, it does have an irritating scratch on the front display.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- nunu-shilakadzeFeb 19, 2013by
Awesome product! great value for the money
in general a very nice device.
sleek design, comfortable to hold in hands
those who want to buy "blackberry" - remember that "unlocked" means that device will be working with any carrier as a phone. What i mean is in case you want your BB device to work to its fullest you should either live in us/canada/europe (or other developed country) or spend quality time to make some software adjustments to use all its features.
Although i didnt do anything with its software, which means i basically use it only as a phone with some tasking/document review - im still satisfied with what i got for this price.
Also one more thing to remember when you buy bbs - if you are new to this brand - dont be lazy to spend some time reviewing different models and features. I didnt do it properly and then i was disappointed that my Storm2 doesnt upgrade to BB OS 6..
Not each model can be upgraded, so read some reviews before buying a phone
Dont forget to check out BBs AppWorld - look through the list of countries and if country you are living in is not listed there then either forget about AppWorld or again make some software tricks (im not encouraging any software modifications, but people in developing countries love bbs and there are some talented guys who can make it work as it should be, so its up to you. As for me - im enjoying my bb as it is)
Comparing to other touchscreen phones - i had a chance to compare mine with LG and iPhone. Prepare yourself that experience is totally different. I read in many review that Storm2 touchscreen is better than Storm1 but is still very very weak.. Personnaly i havent found anything wrong with it. And i really started to like this touching sound and feeling when you press the bbs screen. So as for my device (maybe im lucky, but i still think that guys in reviews were too mean to it) touchscreen works fine, absolutely fineRead full review
- 1169966872@dele...Jul 03, 2013by
Enjoying the Blackberry with all it's bells and whistles!
I purchased this used Blackberry as an upgrade from my old cell phone. The Blackberry arrived in a timely manner, looked like new, and, after I finally figured out how to set it up *I'm old and not very high tech* it works perfectly, sound quality is great, you get text, internet, plus has wifi so I am enjoying this cell.
- slickozeMay 07, 2015by
Nice Blackberry....used but good as new. Battery life is better than any cell phone I've used before. Clarity of voice is excellent.