BlackBerry 8703e - Black (Sprint) Smartphone
Top Selling in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Great Prices on Cell Phones & Smartphones
- $199.95Trending at $208.99
- $275.00Trending at $294.89
- $219.99Trending at $249.98
- $208.95Trending at $219.95
- $539.00Trending at $578.55
- $699.00Trending at $709.99
- $195.99Trending at $248.95
About this product
- Product InformationStay connected while on-the-move with the BlackBerry 8703e smartphone, which features 800/1900 MHz CDMA2000 1X, the fastest high-speed wireless network. The spacious full QWERTY keypad of this BlackBerry Sprint mobile enables instant messaging, emailing, or typing notes, anytime and anywhere. The large color backlighting light sensing screen of this BlackBerry smartphone produces a crisp, clear, and easy-to-read display, for easy navigation and readability. Enjoy faster emailing, Internet browsing, application accessing, and lots more with this BlackBerry Sprint mobile that boasts Ev-DO technology. Connect this BlackBerry smartphone to your laptop or desktop computer and it will act as tethered modem, so you can access Internet on your big screen. With up to eight days of standby time and 3.3 hours talk-time, the BlackBerry 8703e requires less frequent charging and more fun.
- Storage Capacity64MB
- Network Generation3G
- Network TechnologyCDMA / EVDO
- BandCDMA 850/1900
- Battery TypeLithium Ion
- Battery Capacity1100 mAh
- Battery Talk TimeUp to 198 min
- Battery Standby TimeUp to 192 hr
- Display TechnologyLCD display
- Display Resolution320 x 240 pixels
- Color Depth16-bit (65000 colors)
- Touch ScreenNo
- Digital CameraNo
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardYes
- Email AccessYes
- Internet BrowserYes
- Height4.3 in.
- Depth0.79 in.
- Width2.7 in.
- Weight4.7 oz
Most relevant reviews
- frogsbahNov 12, 2011by
Great as an Ebook Reader; useful even when retired!
I have found retired Blackberries make excellent ebook readers. As I have converted various models to this use I have continued to learn more about which ones work better for this task...and for the money, the 8703e is superior to earlier models. The screen is bright, clear, and the text very easy to read. The programmable keys allow one to enter the free Mobipocket reader and get to the current book with minimal fuss. The battery life is very good, and the durability is excellent. Plus, if I am going to drop an ebook reader into a pond, I'd much rather do it to one of these than, say, a Kindle...
The 8703e has plenty of space available on it, especially if some of the unneeded software is deleted, and the syncing of the books from a PC is simple to perform, if a little quirky in execution. I have found the best results come when I convert the original books to straight text, no odd formatting or stray leftovers from a word processor, and then convert them on the PC to Mobipocket reader files using the Mobipocket Reader program. Then, use the best USB cable and the tightest USB port on the computer you have to minimize chances of data interruption (which Mobipocket seems touchy about). When everything is working right adding books to the Blackberry is swift and simple.
You can use all sorts of smartphones and PDAs as ebook readers, but none of them has the display quality of one of these.
But, you ask, how are they as phones? I haven't a clue; please see other reviews for that information. When it comes to smart phones (except as ereaders), I fall somewhere between a Luddite and a dinosaur!! Considering the difficulties RIM has had lately, it is nice to know there is a use for these nifty gadgets after they are retired.Read full review
- saucedo1919Sep 10, 2014by
The phone worked as stated on listing. I needed something cheap to replace my old phone. phone works ok, difficult to use, very old but I knew what I was purchasing before hand.
- curtis.presleyJun 25, 2010by
Even this is an older BB I love the easy to use features and the fact that I have Cricket Phone service this is one of the few phones I have been able to have flashed and have all the features working 100%. (All non simm card BB's can be flashed!! Sprint,AT&T,Verizon) I bought this phone for a back-up if and when i ever need it! Also even when flashed you have 100% usage of BlackBerry Destop Manager! Great Phone A+++++++
- bunkered726Nov 03, 2010by
RIM BlackBerry 8703e (Sprint)
This is not a "new" phone as advertised. This is a "refurbished" phone. Big difference. Here is a list of things that were wrong or don't work, straight out of the box: (1) Battery charging and power gauge never read accurately. My phone would die, but the battery indicator on screen was still at 100%. (2) Sounds hardly ever work. I keep my phone on a default ringer and it never rings. (3) Phone automatically re-boots itself when ever it feels like it, or gets overloaded with commands. (4) The OS is not compatible with BB App World, thus rendering it hardly a "smart phone". (5) Email messages, pictures and videos are not viewable due to the outdated nature of the OS. (6) New BB OS versions are not compatible with phone, due to "track wheel". (7) Tons of Apps are not compatible due to "track wheel", so having a "data plan" with this phone is pointless.
In retrospect I would recommend that no one buy this phone, unless you only need basic services. I have already begun shopping for another replacement phone, and it's only been a matter of days that I've had the 8703e. Do not buy this phone, especially from ebay sellers.Read full review
- cindygirl65Sep 26, 2011by
i would by more of i needed to
easy to use gets great singal and easy of getting on iternet. kids love it . bright and clear to read and down loads are easy