More items related to this product
Best Selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- $50.00Trending at $53.95
- $7.49Trending at $7.74
- $40.99Trending at $54.96
- $7.49Trending at $7.75
- $22.75Trending at $32.21
- $9.31Trending at $9.99
- $28.99Trending at $39.99
About this product
- DescriptionA paraplegic ex-marine war veteran is unwillingly sent to establish a human settlement on the distant planet of Pandora, only to find himself battling humankind alongside the planet's indigenous Na'vi race in this ambitious digital 3-D sci-fi epic from Academy Award-winning TITANIC director James Cameron. The film, which marks Cameron's first dramatic feature since 1997's Titanic, will be shot on the proprietary FUSION digital 3-D cameras developed by Cameron in collaboration with Vince Pace, and will offer a groundbreaking mix of live-action dramatic performances and computer-generated effects. Australian actor Sam Worthington stars as the reluctant human settler, Jake Sully, with actress Zoe Saldana signing on to portray the local woman who enters into a romantic affair with the hero. The revolutionary motion-capture system created for the film allows the facial expressions of actors to be captured as a virtual camera system enables them to see what their computer-generated counterparts will be seeing in the film, and Peter Jackson's Oscar-winning Weta Digital visual-effects house has been hired to supervise AVATAR's complex visual effects. Joel Moore, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, and Michelle Rodriguez round out the cast.
- Video Trailer
- Leading Role 1Stephen Lang
- Director 1James Cameron
- Leading Role 2Wes Studi
- Leading Role 3Sam Worthington
- Additional Roles bySigourney Weaver,C.C.H. Pounder,Michelle Rodriguez,Peter Mensah,Zoe Saldana,Laz Alonso,Joel David Moore,Matt Gerald
- ProducerJames Cameron,Jon Landau
- ScreenwriterJames Cameron
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2010
- GenreScience Fiction
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time155 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- welliebirdMar 13, 2013by
A great DVD for the whole family - love it! definately buy it!
A friend loaned me her copy of this DVD and I loved it so much, I wanted my own copy! I've watched it 3 times so far and will watch it again and again, cant wait for the next film to be released - love it! This is a fantasy film with all the elements to keep you interested, love, war, right against wrong, and an ending that leaves you wanting more
- 1002556894@dele...Nov 11, 2011by
brilliant idea for a film great director
not my usual cup of tea but was told to see it and when i saw who the director was i bought it and i must say i enjoyed it. full marks
- lyndalyn1954Feb 03, 2012by
This is the one to watch!!
The dvd avatar was one of the best films ive ever seen. All family commented on the fantastic colour and clarity. The story was beautifully portrayed. Cant rate this extatic film enough had us all absolutely glued to screen throughout. More like these please!A**********
- toecutter_123Nov 06, 2010by
Avatar kind of does what it says on the label, but more. What more can I add? Not much other than I feel this film was unfairly treated by the critics who turned their noses up at up it at the Oscars in 2009, I feel this is one ground braking movie that history will record as the 1st 21st century film of note in the way that Gone With The Wind, Ben Hur etc were 20th Century greats. This is all I have to say, I'll let the movie do the rest.
- 1659141Oct 04, 2011by
I would not be surprised if this one became a future classic.
usually when you listen to the hype sent out by film makers you are disappointed when you finally do watch it, but this time I was pleasantly surprised. It was everything they said it would be the special effects were brilliant and I would recommend this one as part of your collection. PS the kids might even like this one. Liam Hill.