Available Titles 321 Calc!Dosage Calculations Online: Dimensional Analysis for Meds by Anna M. Curren (2009, Paperback)
Top Selling in Textbooks, Education
Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing by Smeltzer, Kerry H. Cheever and Janice L. Hinkle (2013, Hardcover, Revised)
About this product
- SynopsisBoost your confidence in dosage calculations with the strongest dimensional analysis book on the market! Increase your skills and confidence by turning to leading author Anna Curren, who has successfully taught dosage calculations to thousands of students over the years. Dimensional Analysis for Meds, fourth edition, will set your feet on the right path to accuracy and aptitude in medication calculations. You will find full-color drug labels and syringes throughout, tied to questions that test your understanding and mastery of drug dosages. Upon successful completion of the program outlined in Dimensional Analysis for Meds, you will be confident in your skills as a safe and effective practitioner.
- AuthorAnna M. Curren
- Number Of Pages336 pages
- SeriesAvailable Titles 321 Calc!Dosage Calculations Online
- Publication Date2009-06-16
- PublisherDelmar Cengage Learning
- Edition Number4
- Copyright Date2010
- Weight25.6 Oz
- Height0.7 In.
- Width8.4 In.
- Length10.7 In.
- GroupCollege Audience
- Dewey Decimal615/.14/01513
- Dewey Edition22
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentSECTION 1: REFRESHER MATH Chapter 1: Relative Value, Addition and Subtraction of Decimals Chapter 2: Multiplication and Division of Decimals Chapter 3: Solving Common Fraction Equations SECTION 2: INTRODUCTION TO DRUG MEASURES Chapter 4: Metric / International (SI) System Chapter 5: Unit, Percentage, Milliequivalent, Ratio, Household and Apothecary Measures SECTION 3: READING MEDICATION LABELS AND SYRINGE CALIBRATIONS Chapter 6: Oral Medication Labels and Dosage Calculation Chapter 7: Safe Medication Administration Chapter 8: Hypodermic Syringe Measurement Chapter 9: Parenteral Medication Labels and Dosage Calculation Chapter 10: Reconstitution of Powdered Drugs Chapter 11: Measuring Insulin Dosages SECTION 4: DOSAGE CALCULATIONS Chapter 12: Dimensional Analysis / Units Conversion SECTION 5: DOSAGE CALCULATION FROM BODY WEIGHT AND BODY SURFACE AREA Chapter 13: Adult and Pediatric Dosages Based on Body Weight Chapter 14: Adult and Pediatric Dosages Based on Body Surface Area SECTION 6: INTRAVENOUS CALCULATIONS Chapter 15: Introduction to IV Therapy Chapter 16: IV Flow Rate Calculation Chapter 17: Calculating IV Infusion and Completion Times Chapter 18: IV Medication and Titration Calculations Chapter 19: Heparin Infusion Calculations SECTION 7: PEDIATRIC MEDICATION CALCULATIONS Chapter 20: Pediatric Oral and Parenteral Medications Chapter 21: Pediatric Intravenous Medications Appendix A: Apothecary Measures
Most relevant reviews
- geruizJun 04, 2014by
I have not used the book yet, but it looks like it is going to be helpful book before entering a nursing program. The book comes with a CD also. The book is thin and it seems it is too overpriced.
- luckyduckie_070...Oct 07, 2011by
Dimensional analysis is great.
I love Dimensional Analysis and this is an amazing textbook for anyone taking a dimensional analysis course or just need to freshen up their skills.