Apple iPod touch 5th Generation Black & Slate (64GB)
Top Selling in iPods & MP3 Players
Great Prices on iPods & MP3 Players
- $89.95Trending at $98.25
- $349.99Trending at $439.00
- $129.95Trending at $145.00
- $259.99Trending at $265.00
- $189.98Trending at $192.90
- $278.98Trending at $284.49
- $109.00Trending at $132.49
About this product
- Product InformationPlay games, video chat, listen to music, or record in HD with the 5th generation Apple iPod touch. Packed with a plethora of features, this iPod is convenient and fun to use. The device runs on iOS 6 software, so applications run faster and games load quickly. With a 4-inch Multi-Touch Retina display, you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to squint while reading or viewing photos. Still, this black and slate 64 GB device supports Wi-Fi connectivity, so you can check emails, shop online, or browse the Web from wherever you are. The device also has a built-in pedometer with Nike+ support for fitness enthusiasts, keeping you updated on your speed, distance, time, calories burned, and heart rate. Thanks to the long-lasting battery, you can play music for up to 40 hours or watch videos for up to seven hours.
- ModeliPod touch 5th Generation
- Storage Capacity64GB
- Audio Supported FormatsAAC,MP3,WAV
- Video Supported FormatsMPEG-4
- Battery Run TimeUp to 40 Hours
- Exterior ColorBlack & Slate
Audio / Video Capabilities
- Max Video Resolution1136 x 640
- Screen Size4 Inch
- Width2.31 Inch
- Depth0.24 Inch
- Height4.86 Inch
- Weight3.1 Oz
- OutputsHeadphone Jack
- InterfacesBluetooth 4.0,USB 2.0,Wi-Fi
- Additional FeaturesAccelerometer,File Browsing,Games,Sleep Timer,Video Camera,Video Recorder,Voice Recorder
- Battery TypeRechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Storage TypeBuilt-in Memory,Hard Drive
- Number Of Songs16000
Most relevant reviews
- bouch1950Aug 28, 2014by
Don't purchase a used iPod - save and get a new one!
Purchased because, with 64 GB of storage, I could add more of my music collection. I also like the bigger display, better camera w. flash & high quality video capability. Siri is a big plus, too. I dislike the fact that though fully charged and the device isn't used for a few days, the battery will show that there's only about 25 to 33% power left. When it's fully charged it performs for hours but this loss of power when turned off makes this a bad purchase!
- nanaplusJul 06, 2016by
Apple iPod touch is one of Apple's
best innovations. I have bought 4 of them and am very happy with all of them.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- hacklogan576Mar 19, 2013by
The sound quality is very good and satisfying and being wireless is awesome
I've had some time to use my 5th Gen iPod Touch (I got the black) and I like it. On the surface it doesn't seem like much improvement over my 4th Gen model except it is longer, but after playing around with it I can explain the differences.
The 5G is definitely lighter than the 4G. The steel back of the previous model feels archaic compared to the sleek aluminum casing on the 5G. The extra 1/2" of screen real estate does not sound like much, but being the owner of a Samsung Galaxy S2 I'm accustomed to using a larger screen and I can say that the 4G iPod Touch's screen was definitely too small. The 5G seems about right, not too big or small. It can be used for one handed operation in portrait mode.
The retina screen is better than the 4G Touch which would suffer from yellow discoloration when viewed off angle. The 5G Touch screen does suffer when viewed off angle, but just becomes dimmer and the color does not lose integrity. Looking at other reviews I've noticed others have complained about a yellow tint but I have not experienced this. I had pre-ordered the Silver model.
The screen actually feels much more responsive and accurate than the 4G. It almost feels like Apple increased the touch sensitivity. Knowing what kind of improvement in technology Apple made, I know that the increase in sensitivity is likely due to improvements in hardware, not software. The layer that receives your touch input is now much closer to the surface, I think this is why the screen feels more responsive.
The camera is much improved over the 4G. I can honestly consider using the 5G iPod Touch as a cheap replacement camera. The functionality has improved as well. iOS 6 offers a foolproof Panorama feature that allows you to take Panoramic pictures. My previous phone (HTC Amaze) also had this feature but it was not implemented nearly as well.
As you operate the panorama feature, the app will tell you to slow down, move up or down, in order to make the picture. It even shows you in a smaller picture, where the camera is in the process of making the panorama so you can see if you are half way done, or are almost done making the picture. I would say the panorama is close to 270 degrees, not quite a 360 degree panorama.
Also improved is the ability to share pictures on the fly (if you have wifi connection). You can click on the picture, then share, then compose the email. A window will pop up telling you how large the email message is and give you options to scale down the image so that it will not take up so much space, a very nifty feature indeed. Another nice touch is you can use the Vol Up/Down button to take the picture which is much more ergonomically friendly.
The faster processor has been a blessing. I like to play Virtua Tennis and the 4G iPod Touch was unable to play this game without slowing and freezing up. The 5G Touch has no problems running this game which is a relief. I feel like this device can pretty much take anything I throw at it. I am playing a game of 'Words With Friends'. I downloaded it for my Galaxy S2 phone and my iPod Touch. The iPod Touch's version looks much better, the tiles are actually transparent so you can see if a Triple Letter or Double Word was used or not. The tiles for Android system are solid so you can't see anything underneath them.
The Lightening connector makes it easier to plug and recharge. It doesn't matter which way you plug it in, it will work.Read full review
- arias0125Oct 30, 2013by
Excellent device to listen to internet radio while on the road.
Couldn't be happier with this iPod. I bought mainly because I wanted to hear online radio while on the road since my job requires me to drive a lot. I have never owned an apple device before just because....But this was a great alternative since it has a lot more features that i can use besides listening to music. Definitely very satisfied with this purchase.
- susana6296013Mar 08, 2016by
Good sound, good camera, good companion on long walks.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned