Apple iPod shuffle 4th Generation Silver (2GB)
About this product
- Product InformationApple iPod shuffle 4th Generation Silver (2 GB) is compact and easy to take anywhere. Get up to 15 hours of music and audiobooks with the built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The device charges via USB cable to your computer system or through a power adapter. With a clickable control panel on the front of the iPod shuffle, making your selections is easy. The shuffle has a 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack. The functions include a shuffle, play in order, and turn off slider switch. Press the voiceover button to hear the song title, playlist, artist name, or battery status. The shuffle speaks 29 different languages. The device is compatible with a variety of file types: AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, various Audible formats, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV. Choose from these stylish colors: blue, silver, gold, space gray, pink, and red.
- ModeliPod shuffle 4th Generation
- Storage Capacity2GB
- Audio Supported FormatsAAC,Apple Lossless,MP3,Protected AAC,WAV
- Battery Run TimeUp to 15 Hours
- Exterior ColorSilver
Audio / Video Capabilities
- MP3 Bit-Rate8 kbps - 320 kbps
- Width1.24 Inch
- Depth0.34 Inch
- Height1.14 Inch
- Weight0.44 Oz
- InterfacesUSB 2.0
- Additional FeaturesVoiceOver
- Supported Power SupplyAC/DC Adapter,Internal Battery,Rechargeable via USB cable
- Battery TypeRechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Storage TypeBuilt-in Memory
- Number Of Songs500
- Frequency Response20-20000 Hz
Most relevant reviews
- uplinkrsJun 21, 2016by
I've had shuffles before and this one replaced one that I somehow dropped and lost. This was a new one and it works flawlessly. Particularly valued is the long battery life - much longer than the bigger ipod i was using temporarily (forget what you call the larger version). That's why I went back to the shuffle - love how small and lightweight it is and that it clips to your shirt well - so when I run/work out it's like it isn't there.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- benni.sheltFeb 24, 2015by
Little device, lots of music and great sound
I have been bidding on different Ipod's such as generation 4, 5, and 6, when I came upon the shuffle 4th generation. I go to cardiac rehab 3 times a week and just get tired of the Tv's. I did talked to a person who had a shuffle in rehab and they just loved it. I was surprised how much music you could put on it and the sound was great. The one thing I learned is to attach it to you garment before you turn it on, because I kept hitting the key close to the clip. The key's are small but you just have to learn to compensate for that. The earphones are good but wish they had a rubber tip on the ends to go into the ear a little easier. They seem a little to big and awkward. My son downloaded my music that I like from ITunes which he did with ease. Don't know if it would have been that easy for me. I have close to 300 tunes and I just love to listen to it while I go trough my exercises. Makes the time go a little quicker, plus depending on the song I can get into a good pace. Also, the business that I bought it from donates the money to cancer research which is a wonderful cause.Read full review
- rickprozaMar 06, 2015by
perfect player for small playlists and for sport.
Smallest player you can buy. Perfect for any sport because of clip on the back. Cons: ITUNES!(not a real problem but it suks that i cant just drag and drop music from my windows explorer) As its that small - there is no sound presets and that is only one real problem as player gives almost no bass(tested on sennheiser cx400II and sennheiser mx65). This problem could be solved by applying preset to a music file in some sort of audio editor(I recomend AVS audio editor as it supports packet conversion and twenty-band EQ so its even better than any preset. I really didn't like the sound "from box" - it was like 3 out of five, and as takes some time to get all the music I download to the player through audio editor the overall value more like 4 and a half than five). About memory size - 2 gb is not much at all but there is no screen so it could be hard to navigate in really big audio library, so at first sight small amount of memory is a real disadvantage, but if there were more memory - it could have caused more problems. Everything else is about pros: lightweight, really small, good mids and highs, voice navigation(not like you tell song name and here it is, but you press the button and player tells you playlist or song name), good enough battery life - about 12 to 15 hours, tough - don't be afraid to drop it or put it in the water. Really good thing to buy if you have some sort of main playlist(about 200 songs) with all the song you really like and nothing else. It's not gonna be your "music library to go with" because of memory size, so you might want to see something else or change the way you look at your playlistRead full review
- mlrfreyAug 04, 2014by
Quality product, timely delivery, I recommend the seller.
I bought this as a replacement for a shuffle that after three years wouldn't charge. Love the size and easy of use. The only issue I have with the shuffle is that I have never been able to get the battery status voice feature to work....but is no big deal as I can tell the battery status by the light indicator.
- mr.max02Mar 07, 2014by
Litle device but has nice sound
Better than others
Thanks a lot
arrive on time
I enjoy it
What also good for the moneyJust what the Doctor Ordered ! This lightweight ipod clips onto almost anything and is easy to use. At 2 gb , it holds 500 songs. Battery lasts 15 hrs. The neatest thing is voice over. Tells you title and artist with touch of a button. Tells you playlist when you hold button down. 2 quick taps tells you how much battery left. I am amazed. I am from the 8 track era, this thing is a little bit bigger than a quarter. WOW!!! Highly recommend ! Next ipod almost 3 times the amount.This is BEST BANG for the BUCK !!!
PS: Apple revised firmware and now Ipod buttons can be locked down by holding Play/pause button down for 5 secs. You hear a double click. To unlock, reverse process. Thanks APPLE!!! Now its perfect !Read full review