Apple iPod photo classic 4th Generation White (30GB)
Top Selling in iPods & MP3 Players
Great Prices on iPods & MP3 Players
- $97.49Trending at $98.50
- $425.00Trending at $499.00
- $366.00Trending at $399.90
- $180.00Trending at $196.50
- $195.00Trending at $199.00
- $719.00Trending at $892.39
- $189.99Trending at $234.99
About this product
- Product InformationHave a personal DJ with the 30GB iPod photo classic, which is enhanced with a Genius feature that lines up great sounding songs to keep up the mood. The click wheel of this Apple 4G iPod offers navigation by cover flow, playlist, artist, album, tracks or genre. The 30GB storage capacity of this Apple media player easily stores thousands of songs, videos and photos. This Apple 4G iPod features a 2.5-inch color LCD backlit screen with 320-by-240-pixel resolution, offering crystal clear video and photo viewing. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery of this Apple media player, when fully charged, offers 36 hours of music playback and 6 hours of video playback time. Sync photos from your Mac, using the iTunes on the 30GB iPod photo classic and make the most out of it.
- ModeliPod photo classic 4th Generation
- Storage Capacity30GB
- Audio Supported FormatsAAC,AIFF,Apple Lossless,Audible,HE-AAC,MP3,MP3 VBR,WAV
- Battery Run TimeUp to 15 Hours
- Exterior ColorWhite
Audio / Video Capabilities
- MP3 Bit-Rate16 kbps - 320 kbps
- Screen Size2 Inch
- Width2.4 Inch
- Depth0.63 Inch
- Height4.1 Inch
- Weight5.9 Oz
- InterfacesFireWire,USB 2.0
- Additional FeaturesSleep Timer
- Supported Power SupplyAC/DC Adapter,Internal Battery,Rechargeable via FireWire cable,Rechargeable via USB cable
- Storage TypeHard Drive
- Number Of Songs7500
- Frequency Response20-20000 Hz
Most relevant reviews
- c.allengatorJul 06, 2016by
The Dead Shall Rise Again!
Sold a not working because it wasn't.. Wall outlet charge (not USB) proved dead battery. Battery replacement and reconditioning returned fully functioning 30 GB Photo classic with 3.5 GB of GOOD MUSIC. " He lives his life in a Rock 'n Roll fantasy..." Ray Davies/The Kinks
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- shakieron5Apr 21, 2012by
Great Ipod for listening to audio at work.
I bought this used Ipod for 70$. It works and arrived on time. I installed Rockbox on it so I could be free from Itunes and the Ipod shows as external hardrive in My computer. I now have ogg and flac support with rockbox. Apple Ipods default user interface only support their stupid files and MP3s. Also I can drag and drop. Listen and then delete. It is great for audio music and it has simple 2d games. I play the chess. I listen to it at work so if i break it it was only 70$ not 200-300$ and easy enough to fix if you got the parts just be careful, a jewelers toolkit also helps, but no problems so far. The battery still has juice ten hrs after charging. Also has pgn chess game file, picture and txt support with the free dual boot rockbox interface installed. Not all Ipods are supported, but this one is. I would not have bought it if it wasn't Rockbox supported because in my opinion Itunes devalues Ipods by locking you into using their limited Itunes service in which music files you pay for are locked into a limited amount of computers and the files cannot be read correctly in windows file system for example if I look in Itunes music folder for a Black Crowes song I bought it says something that makes no sense to me like MD5500.m4p this does not tell me what song it is. So you need Itunes to find it, read it and play it. However on my computer with a Rockboxed Ipod I open the folder My Ipod/My Music/Black Crowes/Hard to Handle.mp3. I can copy it or move it play it,change the name and whatever else. The Ipod is excellent hardware. Itunes software is terrible sheepware. The solution. -http://www.rockbox.org/ Newer Ipods are made so the firmware is more difficult to crack. This is legal it is your property and your right to modify the firmware however you like for you own use. Its FREEWARE and its easy. http://www.rockbox.org/Read full review
- zeebear27Jul 08, 2012by
Good purchase, but not for my purpose.
I bought the Classic to store photos on a big trip I was taking so I'd have a backup of photos without taking a laptop. The price was right for a reconditioned iPod photo Classic.
It worked on smaller 2 GB cards, but when I tried to transfer photos from my larger 4GB and 8GB SD cards, the battery couldn't hang long enough to download all the photos. I think it's a great product, but it just wasn't in the cards for the use I wanted.
- rockerjakes1Jun 26, 2006by
a good old iPod for your money..
This iPod is excellent- even though it's old. I know every iPod very well and this one has a great price, plenty of battery life (if it doesn't need to be replaced- up to 12 hours), and the capacity to hold most people's entire music collections (up to 7500 songs).
It is also thinner and lighter than the 40gb and 60gb photo versions. It is not as thin as the 30gb Video (or Classic) version, but not too bad, especially for the price.
The clickwheel on the front is still in use on the newer classic models today, so Apple has stuck with the successful design.
Even though this doesn't play video, it does display pictures and slide shows.
Overall, if you're looking for an iPod that does a good job with music and pictures for a low price, this one is it.
- unleasht50May 02, 2012by
So far so good!
Wanted something with more capacity to download music and the added feature, downloading pictures. The battery life is shorter than I would like, but it works fine for now and it holds a lot of music. I do love that about it.
I have nothing really to compare it to. So far so good with this product.