Apple iPod nano 6th Generation Graphite (16GB)
About this product
- Product InformationSwipe and tap through your tracks on the multi-touch screen of the Apple iPod nano 6G and organize your music by simply rearranging the icons. Tap Genius with your finger and this iPod nano graphite selects songs that go well together, to keep you in the groove of the music. When not in a mood for any particular music genre, just shake this Apple iPod and it shuffles to a new song. The 1.54-inch TFT color display of the Apple iPod nano 6G, with 240-by-240-pixel resolution, renders crystal clear images and text. With 16GB flash memory, this iPod nano graphite lets you store thousands of tracks. When completely charged, the battery of this Apple iPod offers 24 hours of non-stop music. Sporting a new clip design, you can simply wear the Apple iPod nano 6G onto your sleeves and enjoy music during workout.
- ModeliPod nano 6th Generation
- Storage Capacity16GB
- Audio Supported FormatsAAC,AIFF,Apple Lossless,Audible,HE-AAC,MP3,MP3 VBR,WAV
- Battery Run TimeUp to 24 Hours
- Exterior ColorGraphite
Audio / Video Capabilities
- MP3 Bit-Rate8 kbps - 320 kbps
- Max Video Resolution240 x 240
- Screen Size1.54 Inch
- Width1.61 Inch
- Depth0.35 Inch
- Height1.48 Inch
- Weight0.74 Oz
- OutputsHeadphone Jack,Speaker
- InterfacesUSB 2.0
- Additional FeaturesAccelerometer,FM Radio,FM Stereo Tuner,Radio Recorder,Voice Recorder
- Supported Power SupplyAC/DC Adapter,Internal Battery,Rechargeable via USB cable
- Battery TypeLi-ion Battery,Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Storage TypeBuilt-in Memory
- Supported LanguagesEnglish,French,German,Italian,Spanish
- Number Of Songs4000
- Frequency Response20-20000 Hz
Most relevant reviews
- agensvc_65Sep 08, 2014by
ipod Nano 6th Gen a super little music box
Most of the used 'working' units being sold on ebay are because the new phones have the same music capabilities and owners are selling the nanos. The non working cite the problem is the on/off and volume no longer function or they were ran through the washer. A very skilled techy can fix them (not me). Personally, I wasn't too happy to see them discontinue manufacturing, but Apple has the demand #'s, I don't. It would be great to have them available New and carry a $59 price tag. So, buy one or two if you're a fan of these great little machines while you still can.
- shanni863Jan 20, 2016by
So easy to use!
Works like a charm! Easy to load all my music onto even though I'm technologically impaired! The watch band makes it easier to keep track of, as it is very small. I would recommend it to anyone!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- vivialongori-0Jan 12, 2016by
I love this little iPod it was a gift for my little boy! He lost the one before this one and he was devastated! So , I am so happy to received this in time for christmas! The joy it gave me when he opened his gift was just priceless!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- red8alloonMay 16, 2012by
Great as a workout buddy. Not much else.
I primarily use my iPod Nano 6th Generation for working out. I also own a iPhone4 which I use for all other purposes (even listening to music). I just wanted this particular apple product because of its size for use during my workouts.
As a workout tool the iPod nano works great! It's light, small, and easy to attach to any article of clothing. I personally use an armband to hold the nano since I usually run, but clipping it to your shirt or pant pocket would also be no problem for this little guy. Personally I think it's the best MP3 player for runners. It is very comfortable, and I hardly notice it during my workouts. It is much better than attaching my large, fairly heavy iPhone4 to my arm.
Although the nano is easy to use, I don't like the small screen with the "fancy" interface. I think straightforward lists like the old iPods used to have would have worked better than the App like home screen it has now. Especially since there really isn't much you can do with such a small screen. I often have a hard time getting the touch screen to work, and sometimes it won't do what I want it to. Although, even with its problems I admit the screen is still a nice feature to have. I just wish Apple would have gone more "simple" because of the screen size.
The battery life is great if you don't play around on it too much. If you are scrolling around, causing the screen to stay on, the battery will drain quickly and you may only get a few hours. But, if you just let it play the radio or your music library without disturbing it much it can easily last numerous hours. I haven't had any issues with the battery life.
The one major thing everyone should know about this iPod is that although the size is excellent, it is also VERY easy to damage. The screen and corners are especially exposed. It is not hard to dent, scratch, or crack the screen/corners and much precaution has to be taken. And although there are many cases for the iPod they don't provide much protection. They only cover the sides, and not the screen or the entire back side (the clip). So I highly suggest getting a screen protector to protect the screen and a skin to protect the back, clip, and sides. And if you wish a simple casing still won't hurt. Just know if you are like me and want your electronics to stay as like-new as possible this item will give you a lot of grief. It is extremely vulnerable to injury.
Overall, as a workout buddy I love this iPod nano. However, I have also owned many of the older generations of the iPod nano, and I do not think this is the best one if your are just going to use it for casual purposes. I thought the iPod Nano 5th Generation was better. It provided more games, more memory space, a scroll pad, better battery life, and a bigger screen. It is larger, but just as thin and light. Or, if you are willing to spend the extra money the iPod touch is even better. I believe this nano is best used for active people who are always on the go, people who only want a music player (without the apps, games, and internet), or for people who need a workout pal.Read full review
- feffertimFeb 08, 2013by
Love this little iPod. It clips on to any part of your clothes, holds so much data and is a perfect size for listening to books or music on the go. It is so small you don't even know its there. Love, love, love it. I download mp3 audio books from the library and can get all my reading done while I am doing other chores. It is an amazing thing