Apple iPad 2 32GB, Wi-Fi, 9.7in - White (MC980LL/A)
About this product
Most relevant reviews
- fixyourthinkingMar 7, 2011by
32GB Wifi iPad 2 / The Sweet spot for iPad / Perfect!
To me, the 32GB wifi version is the sweet spot for the iPad 2 ... read on to see why.
The 1st iPad was as close to a laptop replacement as one could get, finally bringing the web, photo editing, word processing, and gaming Mac-style not only affordably, but in an easy to use fashion.
As a daily user of my 1st generation iPad, I've found the The iPad 2 has several new features that make it even better than before. The only drawback is that many older cases and accessories will no longer work. Docks and Sync cables remain the same.
The new iPad is considerably thinner, more durable, and almost a 1/3 lighter in weight.
- A much faster processor and more RAM. This allows better app multitasking and allows the iPad 2 to have three new features that the 1st generation iPad wasn't capable of ...
1) Facetime video using the two built in cameras. One on the rear of the new iPad, one on the face. This will allow true video conferencing over wifi and 3G.
2) The faster processor has also allowed Apple to release a version of iMovie for the iPad. iMovie for the iPad allows editing of videos right on the iPad. (iMovie is an additional $4.99 from the Apple App Store and does not ship with the iPad 2.)
3) The addition of a Garageband audio creation and editing application. Almost identical to the Mac desktop version but now with touch controls. (Garageband is an additional $4.99 from the Apple App Store and does not ship with the iPad 2.)
- The addition of cameras has also allowed Apple to release Photobooth for the iPad. Photobooth is Apple's real time Photo/Video effects enhancing application. Example: One part of the application allows you to look like you are in funhouse mirrors - stretching your face in various funny ways. Another effect allows you to look like you are in a heat scan and another an x-ray view.
The iPad 2 is also now available on both Verizon CDMA and GSM networks. The GSM version is sold by various retailers in the United States but does not come carrier locked - but AT&T does have specific data plans for the iPad.
If you happen to have the iPad unlimited plan in the United States with AT&T - AT&T said that you are grandfathered in and can continue to use your unlimited plan with your new iPad 2.
The iPad 2 will also come in black and white in sizes of 16 gigabytes (GB) 32 GB 64 GB and in wifi and wifi + 3G versions.
My personal recommendation for the iPad is to save a little money and get just the wifi version and then use other options to connect to the internet if you are near a wifi hotspot - options like jailbreaking your iPhone for a wifi hotspot or paying to wirelessly tether your phone.
Please let me know if there's anything else you would like to know ...Read full review
- nancyh4100Feb 3, 2016Verified purchase - USEDby
GOOD AS NEW!
- gbrown363Jan 26, 2016Verified purchase - USEDby
Very good shape great features ! Very fast service.
- ktlaceladyJan 11, 2016Verified purchase - USEDby
The IPad I purchased was a gift, so I don't have it at the time. However it arrived quickly, well packaged, great product. Thank you!
- greenmickJan 9, 2016Verified purchase - USEDby
It is great