More items related to this product
Top Selling in Tablets & eBook Readers
About this product
- Product InformationThe Apple iPad 1st Generation Wi-Fi tablet blends convenience and functionality. Driven by a robust 1 GHz processor, this iPad runs on iOS platform. It is equipped with 32 GB internal memory and a convenient 9.7-inch display that provides clear visuals. This tablet supports Wi-Fi connectivity and lets its users surf the Web, check e-mails, or stream videos smoothly and runs on a single battery charge for up to 10 hours. It weighs 1.5 lbs. and is available in black.
- CarrierNot Applicable
- Product LineiPad 1st Generation
- Display Size9.7in (24.64 cm)
- Storage Capacity32GB
- Operating SystemiOS
- Internet ConnectivityWi-Fi
- Supported File TypesAAC,AAC LC,AIFF,Apple Lossless,Audible Format 2,Audible Format 3,Audible Format 4,DOC,DOCX,GIF,H.264,HE-AAC,HTM,HTML,JPG,Key,M4V,MOV,MP3,MP3 VBR,MP4,MPEG-4,Numbers,PDF,PPT,PPTX,Pages,Protected AAC,RTF,TIFF,TXT,VCF,WAV,XLS,XLSX
- Exterior ColorBlack
- Processor ManufacturerApple
- Processor TypeApple A4
- Processor Speed1GHz
Display and Screen
- Display TechLED
- Resolution1024 x 768
- Touch Screen TechnologyMulti-Touch
- Installed RAM256MB
Connections and Expandability
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated Wireless LAN
- ExpandabilityDocking Station/Port Replicator
- Expansion PortsVGA out
- PC InterfaceBluetooth,USB,Wi-Fi
- Wireless capabilitiesBluetooth,Built-in Wireless,IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11n,WLAN 802.11a,WLAN 802.11b,WLAN 802.11g,WLAN 802.11n
- Audio Input30-Pin dock connector,Microphone
- Audio OutputHeadphones,Sound Card,Speaker(s)
- Height24.28 cm (9.56")
- Width18.97 cm (7.47")
- Depth1.34 cm (0.5")
- Weight0.68 Kg (1.5 lb.)
- Battery TechnologyLithium polymer
- Battery Run TimeUp to 10 hours
Additional Technical Informations
- Input MethodTouch-Screen
- Release Date4/3/2010
- Special FeaturesColour Screen,Email,Integrated Speakers,Touch Screen,Web Browser
Most relevant reviews
- glenmicrolightf...May 01, 2013by
Industry Standard, easy to use, reliable, fantastic battery life, robust.
Had a tablet a cheap look a like and boy oh boy you get what you pay for, always scoffed and scowled at the yuppie types with their I Pads wondering why they would pay that much money. I got this I Pad 1 after talking to some friends and I am glad I did, it is fast, reliable very easy to use, I also got a Acoustics Research docking station for it, I can now listen to all my Black Sabbath albums in stunning surround sound, and I can take them all with me.
I also use this for doing my Audits, it's easier to organise than having scraps of paper all over the place, and the office compatible programme I have got is superb, I am finding the desk top and the laptop is now surplus to requirements.
I am afraid I am becoming an I Pad snob, this is the industry standard, if you are looking for a tablet do not hesitate getting one, the series 1 I have got does what it says on the tin and you can pick a really good one up for fairly little money.Read full review
- berrettbaMay 12, 2013by
Excellent Apple iPad
This is my first iPad. I am pleasantly surprised at how good this really is. Far better than an android I had use of. The Apple iPad is very positive, fast and the display is clear. Downloading apps is very straightforward. This is a 1st generation model and doesn't feature 3g, yet it is perfect for my requirements and I would highly recommend.
Make sure you use a stylus/screen protector because the screen can scratch fairly easily.
- mucky1957Oct 07, 2012by
Fantastic product. Fantastic price. Great fun.
I wanted to buy 'something' that allowed me to watch film/tv etc outside but was worried about the picture quality in sunlight.
I didn't need to worry..the picture is superb even in the strongest of light. Yes you see your reflection but concentarate on the programme..no problem.
It is light and easy to use although the cover/stand it comes with isn't great. I bought a cheap one elsewhere on ebay which is much better.
Frankly, there is nothing to dislike about the ipad. The only little niggle I have is that it doesn't have an intergrated camera...but my touch has...if I want to take photos/video.
The fact that it is an apple product means it works well and has everything that a casual user would want and need. Five starts all the way
- 1833barrieMar 09, 2013by
An over priced incovieniance
I bought this ipad to repair and use .The ipad is well made (and so it should be at the price they are sold for) .What I find bad is there is no easy way to block junk mail .When you down load a free ap every time you open it you get an advert for something you don't want. Apple are to much into iplayer which is another ap that keeps trying to sell you something you don't want. Why pay £400 for a piece of kit that has so little memory when a nice laptop will do a lot more than an ipad and is cheaper .You can plug your USB memory stick into most laptops. Just try it on an ipad you need to buy yet another piece of kit
Over all the ipad is an over priced toy.I have only used a Kindle which is priced reasonable and does the job it was made forI.E reading books
- samgoodareJan 05, 2012by
I love my new iPad - it's awesome!
I absolutely love this! I've considered buying an iPad for just over a year, and when this one came up on eBay, I had to have a bid on it. The seller was great, but now I get to concentrate on the iPad itself.
It's light, easy to use, versatile, clever and the battery last for ages. If you're good at rooting out the apps you need to keep your documents, spreadsheets, presentations, music and video in one place, it's amazing. And there's no mouse, no cables everywhere, no cooling vents to get clogged, etc - so it's really tidy in use.
I really couldn't be much happier-unless the apps were all free, of course!
Seriously, if you can afford one, and like having all your stuff in one place, buy an iPad!