All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Apple Desktops & All-In-One Computers
Laptop Power Adapters & Chargers
About this product
- Product InformationPowered by the Intel Core 2 Duo processor, the Apple MacBook laptop delivers unmatched performance. Incorporated with the Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard OS, this Apple laptop renders excellent functionality. This Apple notebook allows you to quickly share data, photos, and music with its 802.11n wireless networking standard. Equipped with a lithium-polymer battery, this Apple laptop ensures smooth flow of work up to 5 hours. Run multiple programs at ease and without interruptions using the DDR2 SDRAM of this Apple notebook. The Serial ATA interface, with 5400 rpm, of the Apple MacBook laptop ensures minimum costs and greater data transfer speeds.
- Product FamilyMacBook
- Model IDMacBook5,1
- Model NumberA1278
- Processor TypeIntel Core 2 Duo
- Processor Speed2.40GHz
- Number of CoresDual-Core
- Bus Speed1066MHz
- Display TechnologyLED
- Display Size13.3"
- Display Max. Resolution1280 x 800
- Security FeaturesKensington Lock Slot
- Expansion Ports2 x USB 2.0,DVI (Digital Video Interface),RJ-45 (NIC),VGA out
- Special FeaturesIntegrated Video Camera,MagSafe Power Adapter Port
- Hard Drive Capacity250GB
- Hard Drive Rotation Speed5400RPM
- Storage Controller TypeSerial ATA
- Installed RAM2GB
- RAM TechnologyDDR3 SDRAM
- Max Supported RAM4GB
- RAM Speed1066MHz
- Installed Cache Memory3072 KB
CD / DVD
- Optical Drive TypeDVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW
- Optical Drive Read Speed24x (CD),6x (DVD),6x (DVD+R DL),6x (DVD-R DL),8x (DVD),8x (DVD+R),8x (DVD-R)
- Optical Drive Write Speed24x (CD),4x (DVD+R Dual Layer),4x (DVD-R Dual Layer),8x (DVD+R),8x (DVD-R)
- Optical Drive ReWrite Speed10x (CD-RW),4x (DVD+RW),4x (DVD-RW),6x (DVD+RW),6x (DVD-RW)
- Graphic ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce 9400M
- Installed Video Memory256MB
- Audio Output TypeAnalog Audio,Headphones,Line Out,Optical Digital,Sound card,Speaker(s)
- Audio Input TypeIntegrated Microphone,Line In (3.5mm),Microphone,Optical Digital In
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated Wireless LAN,Network Adapter
- Data Link ProtocolAirPort Extreme,Bluetooth,Ethernet,IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11n
- Battery Run TimeUp to 5 Hours
- Battery TechnologyLithium polymer
- Depth8.9 in.
- Height0.95 in.,8.94 in.
- Width12.8 in.
- Weight4.5 lb.
- Release DateOctober, 2008
- Input MethodKeyboard,TouchPad,Trackpad
- Exterior ColorSilver
Most relevant reviews
- lastleaderJan 25, 2017by
No words, everything on high level, im realy happy)
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- totosivAug 18, 2016by
Excellent endurance ; Stylish, sturdy design ; Strong graphics performance ; Comprehensive software suite ; Large, comfortable touchpad
Verified purchase: Yes
- seelo-seeloJan 14, 2015by
Good if on a budget.
Pros: Cheaper compared to newer macbook models. 8gb ram is awesome, 320gb hard drive is decent, fast processor, looks sleek, very bright screen. Cons: battery life is 2-3 hours (bought a different battery on amazon for 50 bucks gives me 7 hours), loud fan when using youtube.
- 2010krn2010Apr 19, 2016by
Gift for daughter
Daughter seems to really like this, she's had no problems with it being reconditioned.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Refurbished
- loperforensicOct 08, 2010by
Instructor's Choice for Forensic Test Beds
There are several different distinct products with the model number A1278. This is for the MB467LL/A (Late 2008) unibody MacBook. This particular model has a latch release for the battery and hard disk drive compartment. It lacks the firewire and SD Card ports that earlier models had and later models reinstated. Most Mac users will miss the firewire and SD Card support more than they will benefit from easy access to the hard disk. However, when it is necessary to remove and replace the hard disk frequently, the late 2008 model is the only choice among MacBook Pros. I bought my MacBook to use in computer forensic classes and to create test situations. Contemporary MacBooks have a hard drive removal process that includes removing about 16 screws and at least 5 torxs screws in addition to placing stress on a flimsy mylar connector, not intended to be flexed regularly. If you are considering upgrades, the Late 2008 has a more complicated method to access the memory than contemporary MacBooks. However, I don't intend to swap RAM on a regular basis. Read full review
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Apple Laptops
Save on Apple Laptops
- $2,499.99Trending at $2,699.00
- $1,048.00Trending at $1,179.00
- $1,200.00Trending at $1,279.00
- $900.00Trending at $1,129.99
- $1,399.00Trending at $1,549.00
- $1,039.99Trending at $1,065.00
- $869.99Trending at $887.95