Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Laptop Cases & Bags
Apple Desktops & All-In-One Computers
About this product
- Product FamilyMacBook
- Model IDMacBook1,1
- Model NumberA1181
- Bus Speed667MHz
- Display Size13.3"
- Display Color Support24-bit (16.7 million colors)
- Security FeaturesKensington Lock Slot
- Expansion Ports2 x USB 2.0,DVI (Digital Video Interface),FireWire 400,Mini-DVI,RJ-45 (NIC),S-Video out,VGA out
- Special FeaturesIntegrated Video Camera,MagSafe Power Adapter Port
- Storage Controller TypeSerial ATA
- RAM TechnologyDDR2 SDRAM
- Max Supported RAM2GB
- RAM Speed667MHz
- Installed Cache Memory2048 KB
CD / DVD
- Optical Drive Read Speed24x (CD),8x (DVD)
- Installed Video Memory64MB
- Audio Output TypeHeadphones,Line Out,Optical Digital,Speaker(s)
- Audio Input TypeIntegrated Microphone,Line In (3.5mm),Optical Digital In
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated Wireless LAN,Network Adapter
- Data Link ProtocolAirPort Extreme,Bluetooth,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g
- Battery Run TimeUp to 6 Hours
- Battery TechnologyLithium polymer
- Depth8.92 in.
- Width12.78 in.
- Weight5.2 lb.
- Release DateMay, 2006
- Input MethodKeyboard,TouchPad,Trackpad
- Exterior ColorWhite
Most relevant reviews
- olive_coleApr 16, 2015by
pretty functional macbook, good for the price, only a couple of downsides.
I bought this product because I needed a quick, cheap replacement for my old macbook that got stolen (it was a later model than this one, but I wanted something more compact as my old one was 17"). Battery life is as advertised, so I have no complaints about that. As for performance, it's a bit slow, and even plugged in, it has turned off a few times since I've received it (I didn't move or touch the charger, it just shut down on me), and because the system is outdated it can't connect to certain websites, but also, the airport keeps losing connection to my internet, which is quite disappointing as I spend a lot of time online. Otherwise, it seems to work fine, the webcam works fine, which is another thing that I use a lot. makes for a fun tinkering project.
- headbotoJul 06, 2015by
Great product & Great value for your money...
Fast & Competent Operating System. Used daily without any problems. Operating System is user Friendly. This unit was easy to upgrade the memory and Hard Drive, because Apple designed it with easy access for any layman to do these two upgrade. I had no issues in doing my upgrades. Easy to keep clean with a damp cloth and paper towels.
- funnygirlemApr 27, 2014by
Pretty much all ya need - None too fancy, but gets the job done and well!
I haven't had a personal computer since 2009 and was looking for something with photoshop so that i could start working on websites i had been promising to design....fast! I have always used windows, but have an iPhone and wanted the full experience, so I went with the Macbook. I have only been using it for a couple days and am still finding myself googling "how do i --- on a mac", but Apple support is great and everything is pretty user-friendly. I am sincerely enjoying the experience and know that if I ever upgrade, I will likely stay with the Apple product line. Thank You!
- mg4jesusSep 01, 2014by
my experience is very good and I would buy another one.
I bought two of these laptops they ran well. they did not take a lot of the new software from the apple store, but it is great FOR BASIC THINGS AND APPLE IS STILL A GOOD COMPUTER OLD OR NEW. You can always add more memory or a larger hard drive if needed. This computer is good especially for the price and its an apple.
- yellow_geckoDec 26, 2012by
A Great Computer, but hindered by poor performance and older hardware
I got this MacBook for a good price on eBay, and so far, I am pleased with it. I can't believe for being close to 7 years old, this MacBook still runs modern programs and software pretty well. It isn't very fast, and sometimes I will get the SBOD (spinning beachball of death). I am still surprised how good it runs for its age. PROS: Very affordable, Full Mac OS X experience, more powerful than iPad or iPhone, lots of USB ports and a CD drive CONS: Heavy, gets very hot, not fast by today's standards, can get a 2007 model for $20 more In the end, I like this MacBook, but I would not recommend it for anyone unless all they needed was a cheap laptop for web browsing or movies. It is too dated to do much more than that.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Apple Laptops
Save on Apple Laptops
- $2,529.00Trending at $2,794.00
- $1,199.00Trending at $1,248.76
- $1,724.99Trending at $1,749.00
- $1,079.00Trending at $1,229.00
- $1,249.95Trending at $1,395.00