Apple Cinema 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor
About this product
- Product InformationThe Apple A1038 is a stylish monitor from the Apple Cinema monitor series. This Apple Cinema monitor has a 20-inch, TFT LCD display, with a native resolution of 1680x1050 pixels, making it ideal for high definition graphic applications. With an aspect ratio of 16:10, the Apple A1038 delivers without distortion. The polycarbonate frame makes this Apple monitor a stylish addition to any work desk. The Apple A1038 has a 170x170 horizontal and vertical viewing angle that gives you the big picture no matter where you sit. Thanks to its antiglare hard-coat, the Apple A1038 is gentle on the eyes. The ADC interface makes this Apple monitor an excellent investment if you use older Apple systems.
- Additional MPNeBay_A1038
- Product LineApple Cinema
- Display TechnologyLCD
- Screen Size20"
- Maximum Resolution1680x1050
- Aspect Ratio16:10
- Contrast Ratio350:1
- Response Time16ms
- Digital Video Input StandardDVI
- Monitor ColorSilver
Most relevant reviews
- boxman42Feb 18, 2011by
Good LCD monitor still stands up
Used a pair of these monitors at work for a few years. Far better than Dell monitors being used at rest of the company. However, design over function makes this difficult to stand up. Only 1 position. When these were new, 3rd party monitor arms cost $500! For a pair, $650. Still being made, but only when you place an order w/ that company. This was before VESA standard mounts. Next generation of Apple Cinema Displays were encased in aluminium, and have narrower bezels around the edge. Basically, today's Apple monitors are the best. These older monitors give a good range of color & viewing angle. For the cost of used you can't go wrong. Just figure out a clever way to make them stay upright if that's what you want. Otherwise they only have 1 angle to view from. Now I have a pair for my home Mac at a low cost.Read full review
- thunderdogctJul 11, 2012by
Used, but works great.
I bought this used for a great price. I previously owned the much larger Cinema Display, but it had burnt out. It was all very plug and play as Apple always is, so no problem with install. I was also concerned about compatibility with my G4, including the physical plug, but it all worked fine.
- theproduction12Jun 10, 2011by
the apple monitor has been working great.
the picture quality is excellent and i have no problems with its performance so far.
the only problem i encountered was getting the power adapter which turned out to be more expensive than the monitor.
but overall it works GREAT.
- michelle_gossma...Apr 13, 2011by
Apple 20 inch display
This is an AWESOME display. Apple made a great product...again. For its age and size it is still in the top even by today's standards. The only gripe I have is that it has an ADC connector, which REQUIRES an apple ADC to DVI converter. These converters are becoming very rare and costly. Why Apple can't seem to maintain a standard (even for other apple products) is beyond me.
- leontario51Nov 16, 2013by
this is a great apple monitor at very affordable prize/ just what I was looking for. I can recomed this to any one.