More items related to this product
Top Selling in Tablets & eBook Readers
Great Prices on Tablets & eBook Readers
- $645.00Trending at $729.99
- $498.49Trending at $505.00
- $649.99Trending at $672.76
- $215.00Trending at $226.99
- $219.99Trending at $233.71
- $364.99Trending at $497.99
- $278.99Trending at $294.74
About this product
- Product InformationWhen you have the Amazon Kindle Fire with you, you can work, play, be entertained and remain in touch wherever you are. This 7-inch tablet runs on the Android 2.3 OS and supports productivity tools, games, social media and many more. The dual core OMAP4 1 GHz processor in this Amazon tablet PC effortlessly handles all your multitasking requirements. With a resolution of 1024x600 pixels, the Amazon Kindle Fire brings the visuals alive with stunning details. Quickly navigate through multiple applications or access any file faster on the multi-touch capacitive screen of this 7-inch tablet. This Amazon tablet PC supports Wi-Fi to let you enjoy Internet unbound by wires.
- Model(1st Generation)
- CarrierNot Applicable
- Product LineKindle Fire
- Display Size7in (17.78 cm)
- Storage Capacity8GB
- Operating SystemAndroid
- Internet ConnectivityWi-Fi
- Supported File TypesAA,AAX,AZW,BMP,DOC,DOCX,GIF,JPEG,MID,MP3,MP4,OGG,PDF,PNG,PRC natively,TXT,Unprotected MOBI,VP8,WAV,non-DRM AAC
- Exterior ColorBlack
- Processor ManufacturerARM
- Processor TypeDual Core
- Processor Speed1GHz
Display and Screen
- Display TechIPS
- Resolution1024 x 600
- Max. Video Resolution1024 x 600
- Display Color Support16M colors
- Touch Screen TechnologyMulti-Touch
- Installed RAM512MB
Connections and Expandability
- Networking TypeIntegrated Wireless LAN
- Expansion Ports1 x USB 2.0,USB 2.0
- PC InterfaceUSB 2.0,Wi-Fi
- Wireless capabilitiesWLAN 802.11b,WLAN 802.11g,WLAN 802.11n
- Audio InputStereo Input Jack
- Audio OutputSpeaker(s)
- Height19 cm (7.5")
- Width12 cm (4.7")
- Depth1.14 cm (0.45")
- Weight0.413 Kg (0.91 lb.)
- Battery Run TimeUp to 8 hours
Additional Technical Informations
- Input MethodTouch-Screen
- Special FeaturesAccelerometer Sensor,Email,Integrated Speakers,Speakerphone,Touch Screen,Vibration Notification,Web Browser
Most relevant reviews
- nmelecMay 06, 2013by
Amazing Amazon Kindle Fire, Amazing Value, Amazing product ...
Bought this for my wife as an upgrade from her old Kindle of 2 years old. Got it for her birthday as she loves reading books and magazines and also likes browsing the web. She is a 'Technophobe' but really loves this and finds it quite easy to use, even for her!
The colours and display are excellent and it's quite fast on the internet too. She even downloads little games & puzzles for our 2 & half year old grandson, he loves the games and uses it like he was born to it.
All in all, it was a very good buy and a great follow-on to the original Kindle as this is a Tablet also!
The battery life is about 8-9 hours when using it and it's easily recharged via the USB lead that comes with it.
I will definitely buy another one as they advance. Well done Amazon, why pay more for other tablets?
Noel.Read full review
- luckytinker5Nov 12, 2014by
Price is right.
This is a Christmas gift. Can't tell you much about it. Have not given this gift as of yet. Liked the front and back
camera. Simple, easy to understand and can do just about any
thing a computer does.
- derravaraghDec 10, 2012by
Very poor, there are better and cheaper products that will do a better job.
Bought from Amazon for my wife who reads a lot, asked seller to send paper instructions, still awaiting reply after a month?
No paper instructions with it, all loaded on reader and found them difficult to use and work with?
Two quite capable people have had a go at setting it up but have found it difficult and it, as far as I am concerned, still does not work correctly?
There is only about 5GB of usable memory, not the 8GB advertised?
Finding it difficult to stay connected to internet at present, this may be because of where we are,(Tenerife), and the signal could be acting up? Will have to wait until I return home to properly check? (It did seem to be OK when checking before leaving GB)?
Finding attempting to use its features a bit confusing and difficult, very frustrating?
It has now been put to the side until we return to GB but we have found the product very disappointing and poor value for money when you can pick up a tablet that can do what this does and much more for much less money, I have seen them and I may buy one and try and sell this on e-bay very soon?
I would not recommend this product to anyone and I would never buy one again
The price seems to be falling every day, I believe they are now selling for UNDER £100.00 so what does this tell us: that they are VERY POOR VALUE FOR MONEY, I believe so?Read full review
- brandonspeed69Feb 10, 2012by
Quality tablet at an affordable price
The best feature of this device is the price.
You get all the important stuff you want in a tablet - it does just about everything an iPad can do except Skype (as it has no camera or microphone) or gyro controls...however you can probably insert a usb camera/mic if it was a serious issue.
Otherwise the screen size if good and the resolution is top quality.
One small issue I had was that there is no UK support for the Kindle Fire as yet - so basically all the software I installed had to be through the root. And it could use a bit more space - 8GB is easy to fill, especially when you don't have the support of Amazon Cloud for UK users.
Otherwise I would definately purchase if you are looking for a quality tablet at an affordable price.
- robin.roopchandFeb 03, 2013by
I bought a top of the range kindle fire Hd 8.9 plus for £300.00 for someone based in Wembley for my wife Christmas, but it was usless as it's has American soft ware and is unable to use it in Engalnd, i did not read the small print that it was imported for america and is usless, I am hoping that one day soon some clever person will invent a software to upgrade it so i can make use of it here, right now it's stuck up in my wardrobe gathering dust. Things like this puts me off buying on ebay, but i put my hands up for not reading the samll print, wh would any one want to sell stuff wich cannot be use in Engalnd.
If any one can help please would you let me know