Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies Greatest Hits (Sony PlayStation 2, 2002)
About this product
- Product InformationZip through the air at high-speeds in Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies. Fly through the skies in 21 different fighter planes and take down the enemy forces. Drop bombs, intercept missiles, and complete mission objectives to unlock rewards and earn coins. Purchase new planes or customize your current planes with fun paint jobs. Play through 18 challenging levels to learn your skills and earn big rewards. Or go head-to-head and fight against other planes in the exciting two-player mode on your Nintendo GameCube to unlock cool extras. When you’re done playing through the story mission, replay any mission you want to unlock new planes and weapons.
- PublisherNamco Bandai
- GameAce Combat 04: Shattered Skies [Greatest Hits]
- PlatformSony PlayStation 2
- ESRB RatingE - Everyone
- ESRB DescriptorMild Language, Violence
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-2
- Release Year2002
- Game SeriesAce Combat Series
Most relevant reviews
- kayla407Feb 24, 2014by
Ace Combat 4 delivers excellent ps2 combat flight sim.
Always been a fan of the Ace Combat Series. This game does not disappoint. Excellent pre-cursor to the Ace Combat 5 game - by far my favorite in the series. This as 5, also allows for purchase of multiple crafts to be used on varying missions. Surprisingly enough, it also responds perfectly to the Hori Flight Stick designed exclusively for Ace Combat 5. The only minor let down I have with this game is that it does not support vibration with the stick. Overall though, a great game for flight combat sim fans.
- mrtsperformance...Feb 18, 2012by
A nice addition to Ace Combat 5 with Hori flight stick and fun to play
I have Ace Combat 5 with the flight stick and throttle controls so I thought I would try this one. It does work with the controls though I have not been able to retrieve saved games using the controls. In very easy mode it is great for those of us that are NOT professional gamers. That makes this a bit easier than Ace Combat 5 which has some levels that are VERY hard to beat. It has a versus mode so you can play against a friend. The graphics and realism are very good I really like it. If only I could get it to retrieve saved games with the flight stick controls.
- cert1996Jul 09, 2011by
Fly the unfriendly skies of ace combat 4
great combat flight game, ease of use, many great planes, very good story line. flight can be easy to pro and with several controller options. story gives you all you need in this very combat intensive flight game. many weapons to choose from, with very accurate sights and sounds. very good flight simulation game, it even gives you the opportunity to land and take off with your planes.
- pawnee1954Jul 10, 2013by
I'm always trying to buy PS2 games
Great buy, hardly used, great buy, it was just what I needed, will buy from them again ;) I'm always looking for good unused PS2Games that aren't. Used or close to that I can get
- 1008386379@dele...May 23, 2010by
An amazing arcade style flight combat simulator
Ace Combat 04 is a game that really stands out for the time it was created. The visuals in this game are outstanding for both the maps and the jets. However the world looks vary blotchy when up close but nothing to really complain abought. All 18 jets feature fully detailed cockpits and structure elements making this game one of the best looking on PS2 in 2001. Once in the air, you pick you favorite vew mode. you can have full jet vew, cockpit vew for a more realistic feel, or HUD only vew for the truly arcade feel. Combat in this game takes a step away from realism and gives you a hefty amount of missiles and bombs. This allows for the action packed arial combat that will have you locking on and evading left and right. The game also gives you a mix of land, sea, and (of course) air targets to unload on. The story mode was vary unique for this type of game. A narrated picture book style with soud effects, gives you the story from the other side of the battle. Told from the point of vew of a young boy who is fallowing the famous yellow 13 and his squadron of ace fighters who will so fight you, the all time ace of the skies. This game is alot of fun and really worth the current price. I give Ace Combat 04 a 9 OUT OF 10Read full review