ASUS VH VH238H 23" Widescreen LED LCD Monitor, built-in Speakers
Top Selling in Monitors
Great Prices on Monitors
- $289.80Trending at $342.35
- $159.99Trending at $179.99
- $225.00Trending at $229.00
- $142.95Trending at $177.43
- $416.00Trending at $469.66
About this product
- Product InformationTreat your eyes with the alluring display properties of this sleek ASUS VH238H LCD monitor. Noted for its stunning 50,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio, this 23-inch display marvel is enhanced with superior color reproduction technology to project lifelike images. Additionally, the monitor guarantees graphic fidelity using two amazing features: its Aspect Control function, which allows users to select a preferred display mode among Full and 4:3 for true-to-life gaming or movie watching without any data loss or image distortion, and its Full HD 1080 pixels (1920x1080) resolution function that guarantees spectacular color quality. For fast-action movies and intense-gaming scenes, the monitor eliminates image-blurring with its 2 ms response time. Additional features include built-in speakers, multiple connectivity support, external mounting, and a classic, ergonomic design. And if that is not enough, the screen uses Smart View Technology to offer versatile, multi-angle viewing positions
- User Manual
- Additional MPNVH238H
- Product LineASUS VH
- Display TechnologyLED LCD
- Screen Size23"
- Maximum Resolution1920x1080
- Aspect Ratio16:9
- Response Time2ms
- Max Viewing Angle Horizontal170°
- Max Viewing Angle Vertical160°
- Regulatory ApprovalBSMI,C-Tick,CB,CCC,CE,Energy Star,FCC,GOST-R,PSB,RoHS,UL,VCCI,WEEE,WHQL
- Color Support24-bit (16.7M Colors)
- Form FactorDesktop
- Analog Video Input Connector1 x 15 Pin D-Sub connector
- Digital Video Input StandardDual DVI-D,HDMI Standard,VGA D-Sub
- Monitor ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- batterypwrdJul 20, 2015by
All in all price, performance and looks are Grrreat.
As with most ASUS products it's Grrrreat!
The screen modes are very different not like some that say they have modes. Changing modes is very easy & the touch capabilities instead of buttons is very nice. Internal speakers are ok. The one inch difference of the 23 inch screen compared to a 24 incher is hardly worth mentioning. Anti glare is great I wish all screens came that way - should be a standard. I will be buying another as money allows for the replacement of my other monitors.
- hazbmynameDec 07, 2011by
For the price, this is a great buy! You won't be disappointed!
23in Asus LED Monitor was shipped in a flat box (from Asus) with nothing but 2 inches of Styrofoam between the screen and the outside box. That made me nervous when I first looked at the box as it was handed to me. I could see several cuts/scratches and dings in the cardboard where it was man-handled during shipping. There were no "fragile" warnings on the box. Crossed my fingers when opening... all was well. Screen had no defects or visible dings on the screen on or off.
Unboxed to find that it comes with 2 pc cables for either a pc or laptop connection, the power cord, and an audio cable. Has connections for DVI, HDMI, etc. Base snapped on easy enough but the base stem only allows to tilt up/down but not side to side. Not an issue for me.
Connected to both a Win7 pc and laptop using both cable types. Both were recognized immediately with no issues or setup needed. After switching the connection button to LCD, I was up and running. Did not have an DVI or HDMI cable to test with.
The sound is piped through a small audio cable that looks like something you'd use for a walkman radio over to the monitor (didn't have an HDMI cable available for this test). It says that the monitor has a full stereo speaker but it sounded sort of wimpy to me. My laptop speakers sounded better than the monitor's. Oh well, guess I'll just have to rely on my Bose surround sys hooked up to the pc for audio instead.
Picture was great (full 1080). Not a sharp picture like you'd see with a plasma TV or big brand like Sony but it will do for what I need. Not so overpowering bright that you get a headache after 10 minutes either.Read full review
- langley_techwor...Apr 03, 2012by
Pros: Display area is big. Good finish quality. Several predefined viewing modes add flexibility -- standard, theater, scenery, gamer, nighttime, the difference being in color saturation and back-light. No need for beta correction, I can see details even in a supposedly low-light setting (re: Metro 2033).
Cons: The display area is too big, leaving swath of blank area in the web pages I visited .... :-P
Other Thoughts: Setup is a breeze. Comes with VGA/DVI/stereo/power cables. Drop the screen on the stand and that was it. I only hook it up with DVI -- I never believe in the sound quality of monitors (same thing about my 40" Samsung 120Hz LED/LCD TV).
Windows 7 detects the monitor and sets it up to be 1920*1080 automatically. Am using GT550/E6600. Played Metro 2033 in native resolution/high video quality setting.Read full review
- regg0187Dec 13, 2013by
awesome monitor I'd buy it again
great monitor, I picked this one specifically because of its great ratings and it didn't disappoint. I use it for gaming and its great would buy one again
- jwhojca5hJan 05, 2013by
Awesome product. Perfect for the price!
This is the best monitor I have ever owned. Also if you love gaming this monitor is probably better then all monitors out their that I've tried and it is totally better then LCD and Plasma tvs for sure.