Best Selling in Motherboards
Save on Motherboards
- $322.69Trending at $346.50
- $161.97Trending at $166.23
- $80.24Trending at $99.85
- $64.99Trending at $73.99
- $318.35Trending at $322.23
- $315.99Trending at $386.72
- $135.00Trending at $146.09
About this product
- Product InformationGet ready for the ultimate gaming experience with the ASUS Striker II Extreme Republic of Gamers series motherboard. When it comes to building the beefiest gaming rig possible, the most essential element is the motherboard. The ASUS Striker II redefines speed with a 1600 MHz front side bus and support for the Intel Quad-core processor. In addition it has 2 PCIe 2.0 x16 slots for dual dedicated graphics cards via SLI, a maximum of 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, and built-in LAN networking and audio. Expandability is provided by a single IEEE 139 (FireWire) port and six USB 2.0 ports, as well as 6 SATA ports for additional hard drives. For the most extreme gaming, the ASUS Striker II has ample support for overclocking both the CPU and RAM.
- ModelStriker II Extreme Republic of Gamers Series
- Product TypeMotherboard
- Form FactorATX
- Width12.01 in.
- Depth9.65 in.
- CPU TypeCeleron,Celeron 400 sequence,Celeron Dual Core,Core 2 Duo,Core 2 Extreme,Core 2 Quad,Pentium,Pentium 4,Pentium D,Pentium Dual Core,Pentium Extreme Edition
- CPU Socket TypeLGA775 Socket
- Chipset TypeNVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI
- Data Bus Speed1600 MHz
- BIOS TypeAward
- Storage ControllersATA-133,Serial ATA-300 (RAID),eSATA port
- Installed Qty (Max Supported)1
- Supported RAM Integrity CheckNon-ECC
- RAM Installed / Max4096 MB / 8192 MB
- Audio Output TypeSound card
- Compliant StandardsHigh Definition Audio
Telecom / Networking
- Networking TypeEthernet
- BIOS FeaturesWfM 2.0 support
- Hardware FeaturesChassis intrusion detection
Expansion / Connectivity
- Storage InterfacesATA-133 - connector(s): 1 x 40pin IDC - 2 device(s);SATA-300 - connector(s): 6 x 7pin Serial ATA - 6 device(s) - RAID 0 / RAID 1 / RAID 0+1 / RAID 5 / JBOD
- Additional Connectors1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire);6 x USB 2.0
- Software IncludedDrivers & utilities
- Microsoft CertificationsCertified for Windows Vista
- Compliant StandardsPlug and Play
Most relevant reviews
- bechase55Jun 08, 2011by
Now I want a QX9770 CPU to top this MB's Speed ability.
This ASUS Striker II Extreme mother board is working OK along with a sound card I got for it along with the LCD/LED Poster Error Code/Diagnosis Display Screen. Now this unit speed is so fast that Windows 7 Ultimate loads faster than the mother board takes to start its load (the Windows flag gets bright once only and its loaded). The stuff it has it a CPU QX9650 and memory is a Corsair Vengeance PC3-16000 that means it is built to handle DDR3 2000MHz that is 1GHz speed on the mother board. At this time I an only running overdrive with 20% over and is the 1600MHz system that come too 400MHz on the CPU and 800MHz on the memory bus lines with system being very, very stable with the CPU fan running fast enough. Id love to have the memory bus line at that 1GHz speed and CPU at 500MHz speed but have not tried that yet, plus I think the CPU with only get too 450MHz speed. Thank You for this cost! Barry Chase Read full review
- yasushiiishiDec 09, 2010by
The only choice for q6600!
A socket 775 motherboard with DDR3 and SLI supporting up to three cards at 16x speeds? Sign me up! I would totally buy this board again. It's fast, customizable, great for overclocking, and has all the features I could possibly need. This board was the ONLY choice for me. The 790i Ultra was the only acceptable board and the ASUS Striker II Extreme seemed to be the best choice. I was right =) Thanks ASUS!
- tazz2fst4uNov 02, 2009by
Great gamming board
it's great for a water cooling system, and it's fast and it's easy to set up and it will fit into a mid size tower to a full size tower.And the multi support for cpu upgrade.
- denis-rioJan 02, 2011by
I switching my Asus Maximus Formula fot this mobo. Greatest Asus Mobo for LGA 745 Socket. Everything OK.