Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $14.90Free shipping
- New other (see details) condition
- Sold by new-future-technology
- See details for delivery est.
- $25.00+ $2.50 Shipping
- Used condition
- Sold by pcparts770
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology is based on the same industry-leading Direct Connect Architecture featured in the AMD Opteron and AMD Athlon 64 X2 processors, providing high-speed links between cores, memory and I/O for increased system performance.AMD also has taken the next step in the evolution of its open platform approach by collaborating with ATI Technologies and NVIDIA Corporation to deliver mobile reference designs based on leading, open industry-standard technologies. These reference designs are an example of best practices in notebook PC development based on AMD and collaborative technologies. The reference designs help ensure AMD customers get to market more quickly, and also help reduce platform development costs.AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology is the only mobile processor today that is optimized for the 64-bit versions of the upcoming Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. AMD has worked closely with Microsoft to identify and develop key hardware components in support of Microsoft Windows Vista, the next generation Windows operating system. In addition to high-end multimedia, premium gaming and secure commercial notebooks, AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology is an excellent choice for a mobile workstation-class platforms which allow customers to get high performance from their 32- and 64-bit workstation applications.
- Processor ModelTurion 64 X2 TL-64
- Clock Speed2.2GHz
- CPU Socket TypeSocket S1
- Multi-Core TechnologyDual-Core
- TDP35 W
- Processor Quantity1
- Product TypeProcessor
- Level 1 Size128KB
- Installed SizeL2 1 MB ( 2 x 512 KB )
Expansion / Connectivity
- Compatible Slots1 x processor - Socket S1
- Bus SpeedFSB Speed - 800MHz
- Manufacturing Process90 nm
- 64-bit ComputingYes
- Architecture FeaturesPowerNow! technology, HyperTransport technology, AMD64 technology, integrated memory controller, Enhanced Virus Protection
- Platform CompatibilityPC
- Package TypeOEM/tray
Most relevant reviews
- cesahurtad_1Aug 01, 2016by
New product, and it is fuction very nice in my old lap, now my old lap compaq f700 is to much faster, thak you. greetings from Mexico
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- laztpn0iJan 13, 2012by
Really small price to pay for a big upgrade!
I have a old Dell 1501 that was running really slow. And once I installed the Turion TL-64, my old dell ran much faster. Things are much more snappier than before. I know things will run even better if I upgraded the ram. But for now 1GB will work. The processor does run a tad bit hotter thus making the fans kick up a little more than before. But in my opinion, it was a small price to pay for a bit more performance. So if you want revive or upgrade an old laptop, then this would be a great by considering the low price.
- allan.s.raymondJul 05, 2011by
Dramatic improvement to performance
I bought the TL-64 to upgrade my Acer 5516. The Acer 5516 comes with an energy efficient TF-20 single core processor running at 1.6 GHz. I downloaded instructions on how to upgrade the main processor from the web. There are also video on youtube if you'd like to go that route. The process takes about an hour and you need to be careful. It involves the removal of nearly all components of the laptop as the chip is mounted beneath the main board and you can only get at it by removing nearly everything else. I don't recommend doing this without detailed directions. The resulting change out was striking. I was surprised how much faster overall the system ran. As a dual core 2.2 GHz processor it uses much more power. My laptop now will work for just over 30 minutes on battery where before it ran nearly an hour. I know I need to upgrade my battery soon but you should be aware of the higher power usage. I would highly recommend this low cost but high impact change out. My laptop seems like a new machine. Read full review
- dvelasco68May 08, 2012by
Great CPU - not too much more heat than the Sempron...
Upgraded my Toshiba Satellite L305D-5914S (any L305D with AMD can be upgraded) from a Sempron 3600+ 2.0GHz (single core) CPU, first to a TL-58 (1.9GHz Dual core) - (Ordered TL-60, but got a TL-58 from another vendor), and my Windows 7 Experience Score for CPU went from 3.8 to 4.5 (with the TL-58)... video play back was better but still choppy... Next I upgraded from the TL-58 to the TL-64 (2.2 GHz Dual core), and my Windows 7 Experience Score for CPU went up to 4.9 from 4.5, a 29% increase over the original Sempron... Video playback is near perfect using flash... Toshiba Satellites are easy to upgrade, and a video of how to can be found on You tube... Other notes, and my Windows 7 Experience Score for Aero went up from 3.0 to 3.4 with the TL-64, as did the gaming and Business graphics, from 3.0 to 3.3... My configuration now is SATA-150 7200RPM 120GB HD, ATI X1250(onboard graphics), 2 GB DDR2 ram, and Windows 7... Read full review
- ferencz11Jun 09, 2012by
For this price it is very productive CPU
I have my laptop for over 5 years and I wanted to upgrade it with new hardware and new OS. Only this type of CPU is compatible with my motherboard so I bought the "strongest" version and also in my country I couldn't find any. It was delivered very fast :) I installed the CPU and it works normally, OS says it is 2.2GHz speed. Only one thing that is bothering me is that in device manager under CPU it says: "AMD processor unknown model 2.2GHz". In some BIOS testing tools CPU was listed as TL-64.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in CPUs/Processors
Save on CPUs/Processors
- $180.00Trending at $190.95
- $369.99Trending at $398.89
- $646.42Trending at $654.99
- $118.57Trending at $119.99
- $198.98Trending at $239.99
- $676.49Trending at $776.82
- $64.99Trending at $74.09