CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to the pilgrim route - The Way of St James, or the Camino Frances. It includes: an overview route planner; 33 daily stage maps with optional routes; 33 contour guides with elevations; list of all pilgrim hostels and alternative accommodation; 16 town plans showing location of hostels and hotels; and a sun-compass to aid orientation.
- Author BiographyJohn Brierley was born in Aries on 2nd April 1948. His early life was spent in Dublin where he qualified as a Chartered Surveyor and set up his own practice. He continued to work there until an existential crisis took him and his family to Findhorn in Scotland in 1987 as part of a mid-career break. This was to prove a pivotal time in his life with a reordering of priorities towards a spiritual perspective. In 1996 he convened the international conference Business for Life where the core issue was identified as the crisis of the human spirit and the search for meaning in life. The idea of Business Sabbaticals as an antidote to burn-out, and pilgrimage as a way to reappraise life's purpose became his abiding passion. He continues to walk the Caminos amongst other sacred routes, and for those who may heed the calling to try these pilgrimages for themselves, has compiled 3 Practical and Mystical Manuals for the Modern Day Pilgrim:
- Author(s)John Brierley
- PublisherFindhorn Press Ltd.
- Date of Publication02/02/2009
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationForres
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFindhorn Press Ltd.
- Out-of-print date09/09/2011
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight304 g
- Width115 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.