Now that you know we’re giving away a 2013 Nissan GT-R® at the eBay Garage, we want you to be a little more familiar with what makes this car so special. Aside from cameos in the Fast & Furious movies, including the recently released Fast & Furious 6, this GT-R traces its lineage back to the 1960’s as Nissan’s premier GT car. The car picked up popularity when the 1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R, with its twin-turbocharged inline-6 and all-wheel drive, started tearing up the tracks. Fueled by the Gran Turismo franchise on Sony’s PlayStation, the car’s legend continued to soar.
This brings us to the latest iteration of the famed GT-R® nameplate. Released in 2008 in the U.S. as a 2009 model, the car was an instant hit, recording some of the fastest production 0-60 mph times and continually raising the bar for lap records at the storied Nürburgring track in Germany (a sort of crucible for production cars with manufacturers always pushing for lap time bragging rights).
Let’s take a quick look at some features of the 2013 Nissan GT-R® that make it the car it is:
- Twin-turbocharged VR38DETT 3.8-liter V6
- 545 horsepower @ 6,400 rpm, 463 lb-ft of torque @ 3,200 – 5,800 rpm
- Paddle-shifted sequential six-speed dual clutch transmission
- Electronically-controlled ATTESA E-TS all-wheel-drive system
- Hybrid body construction of steel, die-cast aluminum and carbon fiber
- GT-R® hallmark four-ring taillights
- GT-R® specific adjustable Bilstein DampTronic suspension system
- 15.35-inch front and 15.0-inch rear Brembo full-floating cross-drilled two-piece rotors with radial-mounted Brembo monoblock six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers
- Four passenger seating and trunk capacity of two golf bags or suitcases
- Sculpted performance bucket seats
- A video game-inspired multi-function display
- Navigation system featuring easy-to-use touch pad, as well as traditional navigation switches
- Specially designed 11-speaker Bose® audio system
- Carbon fiber interior trim
So there you have it. No but really, we want you to have it. Be sure to enter the eBay Garage 2013 Nissan GT-R Sweepstakes for your chance to win this beast, as well as daily prizes! You can also check out the photo gallery on the eBay Motors blog for more shots of the car!
For the official rules, please visit this page.