Roland’s acclaimed SP-404 performance sampler takes an exciting leap forward with the SP-404SX. In addition to the fun, fast, hands-on features of the original, the model offers enhanced sound quality with pure 16-bit linear sampling, improved DSP effects, smooth FX switching, a versatile pattern sequencer (with a shuffle feature), and easy data management with SD-card compatibility. It’s a creatively stimulating, powerful tool for DJs, musicians, producers, and live-sound engineers who trigger jingles.
Create a signature sound using the SP-404SX’s 29 DSP effects, which switch seamlessly during live performance. Essential onboard effects include spacious reverbs and choruses, plus filters and delays. There are also unique, esoteric effects built in, including a voice transformer and looper. With the DJFX Looper, you can create short loops (such as machine-gun-like "da-da-da-da-da" sounds) and control reverse-playback with the knob. You can also create scratch effects like a turntable. Connect the SP-404SX to a DJ mixer and use it as an effect processor. Seventeen of the effects have a "limiter" mode, which keeps the effects from overloading. This is great for live DJ performance when you don’t want to lose control of the effects in the heat of the moment.
- Sample anytime, anywhere with the built-in mic and battery power
- 29 DSP effects, including filter, delay, unique voice effects, subsonic, and looper
- 3 control knobs, 12 trigger pads, and Sub Pad for rapid repeat triggering
- Seamless effects switching for smooth, perfect performance
- Pattern sequencer with quantize mode and new shuffle feels
- 1GB SD card included; expand sample storage up to 32GB with SDHC
- Import audio files from computer, assign samples to pads with bundled software (Mac/PC)
- Maximum Polyphony: 12 voices
- Recordable Data: Samples: 120 (12 samples x 10 banks) (stored on SD card), Patterns: 120 (12 patterns x 10 banks)(stored on SD card)
- Sampling Time (Total time for all samples): The maximum sampling time (size) for a single sample is approximately 180 minutes in stereo (2 GB). The following shows the approximate total sampling time of the samples that can be stored on one SD card. Card capacity / Stereo(Mono) 1GB / Approx. 90 min. (180 min.), 2GB / Approx. 180 min.(360 min.), 4GB / Approx. 360 min.(720 min.), 8GB / Approx. 720 min.(24 hours), 16GB / Approx. 24 hours(48 hours), 32GB / Approx.48 hours (96 hours), Since the 1 GB SD card included with the SP-404SX contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- Data Format 16-bit linear(.wav/aif)
- Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz
- Pattern Sequencer Maximum recordable notes: Approx. 16,000 notes, Resolution: 96 ticks per quarter note, Pattern Length: 1–99 measures, Recording method: Realtime Loop Recording (with shuffle quantize function)
- Effects 29 types
- Pads 12 + Sub Pad x 1
- Controllers Control Knob x 3
- Display 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
- Onboard Mic Mono x 1
- Connectors LINE INPUT jacks (L, R)(RCA phono type), LINE OUTPUT jacks (L, R)(RCA phono type), Headphones (PHONES) jack (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type), MIC jack (1/4 inch phone type), MIDI IN connector, DC IN jack, SD card slot
- Power Supply DC 9 V (Ni-MH AA SIZE Rechargeable Battery x 6, Alkaline AA SIZE Dry Battery x 6 or AC Adaptor) * Batteries sold separately
- Current Draw 450 mA
- Accessories SD card (1GB), SP-404SX UTILITY CD-ROM, AC Adaptor PSB-1U, Owner’s Manual
- Width 178 mm 7 inches
- Depth 257 mm 10-1/8 inches
- Height 72 mm 2-7/8 inches
- Weight 1.2kg 2 lbs. 11 oz.