Incredible Office Suite
The true alternative to Microsoft Office.
Why pay hundreds of dollars for Microsoft Office when you can get this amazing office suite for one astonishingly low price? Performs almost exactly like Microsoft Office while saving money, time and hassle!
OpenOffice.org is comprised of several software applications that act nearly identically to Microsoft Office. If you can do it in Microsoft Office, you can probably do it in OpenOffice.org.
What do you get?
Writer (equivalent to Microsoft Word): A word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book. Learn more.
Calc (equivalent to Microsoft Excel): A powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics. Learn more.
Impress (equivalent to Microsoft PowerPoint): The fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations. Learn more.
Base (equivalent to Microsoft Access): Lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within OpenOffice.org. Learn more.
Draw: Lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations. Learn more.
Math: Lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor. Learn more.
BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP
Unlike Microsoft Office, this suite was not created from a collection of separate pieces of software. From the start, it was designed as one complete office package.
- The roots of creation go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
- Hundreds of thousands of users participated in the beta testing of version 2
- Independent reviewers round the world have recommended the product
OPEN SOURCE: SMARTER DESIGN
The term open source refers to the way in which the software is licensed. For normal applications such as Microsoft Office the license is proprietary meaning the respective company has full control over the product. On the other hand, Open Source software is open for all to see. Any user is free to modify the software to fit their needs.
Besides the fact the license is different, one of the major differences between Open Source and normal proprietary licenses is that Open Source software is usually developed by a community of users. This, in most cases, is individuals that want to see a product succeed. Almost anyone can participate in a project even if they aren't a programmer.
- All the packages have a similar 'look and feel' making them very easy to use, with common 'learn once use everywhere' tools like the Styles and Formatting. OpenOffice.org takes its 'look and feel' from your computer - if you change your desktop, OpenOffice.org will change to match.
- The same tools are used consistently across the suite - for example, the tools you use to work with graphics within Writer are also found in Impress and Draw.
- You don't need to know which application was used to create a particular file - you can 'File Open' any OpenOffice.org file from anywhere and the correct application will be launched.
- All the packages share a common spell-checker, etc.; and if you change an 'Option' in one package, it's changed in them all.
- Information can be transferred easily between all the packages.
- All the components save in OpenDocument format, the new international standard for office documents. This XML based format offers substantial disk savings compared to common competitors' formats. It also means you can access your data from any OpenDocument compliant software.
FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF MICROSOFT OFFICE
Your current Microsoft Office files are fully compatible with the applications included in this product. All the files you create are compatible with users of the Microsoft Office software packages. This allows you to easily share documents and files with others without any worry.
The OpenOffice.org application is fully compatible with all Microsoft Office document formats. Easily open all of your Word, Excel, & PowerPoint documents. OpenOffice.org will allow you to easily modify these documents and keep their current file formats.
ONE SIMPLE LICENSE ALLOWS YOU TO INSTALL ON AS MANY COMPUTERS AS YOU LIKE
Why pay over and over again to have Microsoft Office available on all your computers? With your purchase today, you'll receive a license that allows you to install OpenOffice.org on as many machines as you like! That's right, all you pay is one low price and you can install on all your computers!
FREE UPDATES & UPGRADES
Tired of buying upgrade versions every time Microsoft comes out with a new one? No more! OpenOffice.org provides automatic update checking so you can instantly get the latest available minor updates and major upgrades - for free.
What programs are included?
WRITER: For all your documents
WRITER has everything you would expect from a modern, fully equipped word processor or desktop publisher. It's simple enough for a quick memo, powerful enough to create complete books with contents, diagrams, indexes, etc. You're free to concentrate on your message - while WRITER makes it look great. WRITER can of course read all your old Microsoft Word documents, or save your work in Microsoft Word format for sending to people who are still locked into Microsoft products.
CALC: The all-purpose spreadsheet
CALC is the spreadsheet program you've always wanted. Newcomers find it intuitive and easy to learn; professional data miners and number crunchers will appreciate the comprehensive range of advanced functions. Of course, you are free to use your old Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, or save your work in Excel format for sending to people who are still locked into Microsoft products. If all they want to see is your results, then use Portable Document Format (.pdf) - no need to buy any extra software.
IMPRESS: More power to your presentations
IMPRESS is a truly outstanding tool for creating effective multimedia presentations. Your presentations will stand out with 2D and 3D clip art, special effects, animation, and high-impact drawing tools. Of course, you are free to use your old Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, or save your work in PowerPoint format for sending to people who are still locked into Microsoft products. Alternatively, use IMPRESS's built-in ability to create Flash (.swf) versions of your presentations.
BASE: Powerful database management
BASE is a fully featured desktop database management system, designed to meet the needs of a broad array of users, from
- just tracking your personal CD collection, to
- producing a corporate monthly departmental sales report.
BASE offers wizards to help users new to database design (or just new to BASE) to create Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports, along with a set of predefined table definitions for tracking Assets, Customers, Sales Orders, Invoices and much more. BASE integrates seamlessly into the rest of the OpenOffice.org suite applications, for example:
- supplying address book data for mail merge in WRITER using the industry standard LDAP protocol, or common address book formats such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows and Mozilla;
- creating linked data ranges in CALC files for data pilot analysis or as the basis for charts.
DRAW: The powerful graphics package
DRAW - from a quick sketch to a complex plan, DRAW gives you the tools to communicate with graphics and diagrams. With a maximum page size of 300cm by 300cm, DRAW is powerful tool for technical or general posters, etc. You can even use DRAW's free ability to create Flash (.swf) versions of your work.
MATH: Create equations and formulae for your documents
MATH is OpenOffice.org's component for mathematical equations. It is most commonly used as an equation editor for text documents, but it can also be used with other types of documents or stand-alone. When used inside WRITER, the equation is treated as an object inside the text document.
Top of Page