FAM (Flexible Axis Water Meter)
5/8" x 3/4" Water Meter
With rotating no lead brass flow tube.
This is the only meter on the market that is specifically designed to be installed on pipe that is not horizontal. The brass flow tube rotates to any angle to eliminate having to re-plumb horizontally to install a standard meter. The rotating axis allows the meter measuring chamber to always remain level regardless of the orientation of the existing pipe.
- Flexibility to Install at Any Angle
- Install Vertically
- Install Horizontally
- Install on Sloped Pipe
- Installs on any angle of pipe, including vertical or non-level pipe (most water meters must be installed horizontally to work properly). Saves the cost of purchasing meter resetters for proper installation, and time and labor to replumb vertical pipe or tubing.
- Lead-free brass flow tube, approved in California, Maryland, Louisiana, and Vermont, and many other locations where standard leaded brass cannot be used.
- Great for submetering applications. Vertical installation under mobile homes reduces the potential pipe exposed to cold weather and helps reduce the chance of freezing.
- Meter specs:
- Operating Capacity: 20 gpm
- Max continuous duty: 15 gpm
- Head loss at max flow rate: 10.9 psi
- Normal flow range 1-20 gpm
- Minimum flow (+/- 3%): 1/4 gpm
- Max working pressure 150 psi
- Max working temperature 120 F
- Lay Length 7.5"
- Threads: Standard 3/4" AWWA meter threads (use 3/4" meter coupling)
- Body material: Glass reinforced nylon
- Register:Glass lens with stainless steel bottom cup
- Flow tube: lead-free brass
- Installation options:
- 7.5" lay length and 3/4" meter threads is the same as standard 5/8" x 3/4" meters and can use standard meter couplings or meter valves.
- Bronze flow tube inside diameter is identical to copper tube size outside diameter. The flow tube can be sweat (soldered) directly to copper tubing to save money on meter couplings (see photos for connection options).
- Master Meter dialog register has a 10 gallon sweep hand and 6 digit odometer wheel. This register is designed to accept add-on dual pulse output modules or touch reading modules for upgrade to automatic meter reading. We can offer either of these modules for an additional $20 on request.
If unfamiliar with water meters, please see standard size and dimension information, Learn more in our Water Meter Buyers GuideNeed 6 or more of these? - See our listing for carton quantities of 6 to save money, or contact us to make a bulk listing for the exact quantity you need.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF METER
Install At Any Angle
For quicker and less expensive meter installation, the FAM provides complete installation flexibility. The FAM Flow Tube can be installed horizontally, vertically or at any angle in between. Regardless of the angle of Flow Tube installation, the measuring chamber sits horizontally, in the ideal position for accurate measurement. No need for costly meter setters in non-horizontal installations or for re-plumbing when meters are replaced in non-level settings. When piping runs against walls or between studs, the FAM measuring chamber’s orientation allows easy installation without re-plumbing - making submetering retrofit affordable in many previously impractical installations.
Choice of Connectors
To further simplify installation, the Flexible Axis Meter Flow Tube can be installed either with threaded or solder-joint connections. For submetering applications this eliminates the need for meter couplings, further reducing installation cost.
Complies Fully with AWWA Specifications
The Flexible Axis Meter exceeds the accuracy and head loss specifications of both AWWA specification C-708 (multi-jet meters) and C-700 (positive displacement meters). Master Meter goes further than the AWWA specifications for materials, manufacturing the FAM Flow Tube of SeBiLOY® II to exceed the AWWA copper-content specification and the low lead requirements of NSF-61 and California Proposition 65. Further, the Flexible Axis Meter meets all AWWA C-708 operating and design criteria, including the critical flow range and meter length specifications.
Accurate (and Quiet) By Design
Maximum accuracy is designed into the Flexible Axis Meter. The FAM Flow Tube provides a straight run of pipe upstream and downstream of the measuring element to condition the flow for maximum accuracy. Its installation flexibility allows the measuring element always to be positioned for maximum accuracy and extended life. The Flexible Axis Meter employs the multi-jet measurement principle, proven to offer the noiseless operation critical for submetering and inside-set utility meters.