Details about WWII Navy Naval Landing Force Equipment Depot NorfolkSee original listing
Oct 05, 2014
Tacoma, Washington, United States
|Binding:||Hardcover||Topic:||US Armed Forces|
|Subject:||Military & War|
Naval Landing Forces Equipment Depot
Cruise Book (similar to a yearbook)
Hardcover, approx. 12" x 9"
Condition: Acceptable. Covers have many stains and wear. Some foxing to endpapers and some pages. Dark stain to back endpapers and to much smaller extent (about 1/2" in size) several of the last index pages. A few marks to pages.
This book contains...
- Large photos of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, James E. Forrestal and Ernest J. King.
- Section on the history of the United States Navy
- History of Naval Landing Force Equipment Depot, Norfolk, VA
- Pictures of: Chaplain's Office, Executive Department, Personnel Office, Engineering Department, Duty Office, Boat Records Office, Compass Repair Department, Deck Force, Switchboard, Ship's Service, Hull Department, Supply and Disbursing Departments, Maintenance Department, Commissary Department, Medical and Dental Departments, Ordnance Department, Master at Arms Force and Seaman Guard.
- Photos of everyone, along with their names, usually on their department page.
- A section of (brief) biographies
"The Amphibious Force, early in this war, set up a storage and repair shop for small landing boats, designated at the Naval Landing Force Equipment Depot. It started in Building 138 at the Naval Operating Base, but as boats poured in from many shipyards, more and more space was needed, so the Navy bought the 'Ford Plant' in Newton Park, Norfolk, and the activity moved here in January, 1943."
This picture below shows the stain I described above, and also shows a checkmark in the biographies section:
SHIPPING NOTE: We reserve the right to ship this by a different carrier, using a service that offers similar or faster delivery timeframe.