Details about WOODS 59-LB BELLY MOWER TO FIT CUB LO-BOY 154, 184,185See original listing
Mar 20, 2011 13:27:44 PDT
Syracuse, Indiana, United States
WOODS MODEL 59-LB
FITS CUB LoBoy 154, 184, 185
Tired of fooling around with the worn out mower deck on your LoBoy? I’ve worked on three different brands of decks on LoBoys (Including International) and find this Woods deck to be the simplest to install, heaviest of the three, and simplest to operate and maintain. Buy it now and get it installed so that you’ll be ready to mow next spring. Of course you can do like me and buy it now and wait to install it until the grass is 8” tall and put yourself in a panic – whatever you prefer.
This one has been totally rebuilt, which brings up a good point; every part for this unit is available through Woods dealers such as Carter & Gruenewald, Brooklyn, WI, 608-455-2411, and at a fairly reasonable price. Or you can buy a whole new deck for about $2,500.00 – I checked. You will receive with this purchase everything you need to install and operate including wheel spacers for turf tires (not shown) and the Woods unique single drive belt (not shown) that is very simple to install and adjust.
Here is what has been done to this unit:
· Completely disassembled and sandblasted to bare steel.
· Primed with automotive primer/sealer.
· All pitting on the upper surface of the deck filled with body glazing and sanded and re-primed.
· Any bent or broken parts repaired or replaced.
· All parts spray painted with computer matched Rust Stop enamel prior to assembly and again after assembly. Even the underside of the deck. At least 5 coats on everything. ½ qt. of both colors included for touch-ups.
· Spindles – bearings cleaned and checked for pits or wear, none found. Bearings repacked and shims installed as needed. New top and bottom grease/dust seals installed. Shaft areas that seals contact have been resurfaced and polished.
· Blades – sharpened. Blade mounting plates on the bottom of the spindles were turned on a lathe to make them dead-flat to prevent blade slippage. Two new Bellville lock washers installed (note that the existing deck came with two thinner washers per spindle and there are now two spindles with a single thicker washer. New blade bolts with ny-lock inserts.
· All new bushings, spacers, idler wheel bearings, idler wheel shafts.
· New idler pulleys. New PTO pulley and pulley hub for splined shaft.
· Most screws bolts, washers, etc. are new.
· New side skids ($60 each).
· New chain hanger eye-bolts and chains. Chains will need to be cut to length to match your mower as per the owner’s manual.
· New decal set. A couple spares included.
· All assemblies are greased and ready to go. Please note that the new spindle seals fit so well that you can easily push them out of their seats when greasing the spindles. Keep an eye on this or you’ll have to do what I did on the first one and take the pulley off and push the seal back into place.
Comes with reprints of the original manual as well as a newer manual that has a parts break down for every single part. This is all sitting on an oversized pallet that I will load into the back of your pickup truck and have you on your way in nothing flat. Shipping via freight will be prohibitive and crating will be expensive. Visit www.uship.com to post this listing and get quotes from independent drivers. I have found this form of delivery to be very reasonable and reliable.
I’ve invested a chunk of change into buying quality tractors to restore or part out and have well over $400 in parts and paint in this deck plus many hours of labor into the research and restoration of this deck. A genuine bargain at just over half the price of a new deck!
Take a look at my other listings for used, new and restored LoBoy parts. If you can’t find what you need just ask and I’ll get it listed for you.