Welcome to this listing. We are extremely pleased to offer this vintage 8-piece child’s tin litho tea set in the Coffee Time pattern manufactured by the Ohio Art Co., Bryan, Ohio, 1959-1962. Included are a tray, creamer, 2 handled cups, 2 saucers, and 2 large plates. The bottom of each cup is marked “The Ohio Art Co., Bryan Ohio, Made in Ohio U.S.A.”
Considering that this set is approximately 53 years old, it is in remarkable condition with great color, shiny finish, very few scratches and chips, and minimal play and age wear. The items are free of rust and dents. This set appears to have been stored away in a dry environment and forgotten.
· The tray is 7 ½” x 5 ½”.
· The creamer has a pedestal foot and is 1 1/4” tall x 2 1/4” in diameter at the lip. There is minor paint wear at the lip and foot ring.
· Each of the two handled cups is 1” tall and 1 ¼” in diameter at the lip. There is very minor paint wear at the lip of each cup.
· Each of the two saucers is 2 5/8” in diameter.
· Each of the two large plates is 4 1/8” in diameter. There is some minor paint corrosion on the underside of one of the plates.
We invite you to bid on this auction lot which has been pre-packed to assure (1) prompt shipment and (2) accurate weight information for USPS shipping and handling fees to the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Please bid only if you are willing to accept the conditions outlined in the “Payment” and “Shipping” sections below.
If after reviewing the photos, auction description, payment and shipping details, and terms of sale, you still have questions, please click on the “Ask a question” link at the end of this auction to contact us at selectsmalls.
Three links in the "Sellor info" block at the upper right corner of the auction will help you learn about us and more easily access our auctions. Just click on the blue and red "me", "Save this seller", and next to Visit store: "Select Smalls".
· Please make payment AFTER receiving our e-mail invoice, which will include combined shipping for multiple purchases. Our invoice will be sent to the buyer within 24 hours from the close of the auction and will include the winning bid, shipping and any applicable insurance charges, and State of Michigan sales tax for Michigan residents. The eBay auction check-out calculator is only an estimate and identifies shipping for each item.
· PayPal is the accepted form of payment.
· Payment will include shipping charges and any applicable insurance charges.
· Payment will include 6% State of Michigan sales tax for Michigan residents who do not provide a valid State of Michigan Sales Tax License number.
· We ship to the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
· Auction lots are pre-packed to assure (1) prompt shipment and (2) accurate weight information for USPS shipping and handling fees.
· Shipping charges reflect USPS shipping and handling fees only. We do not charge for packing materials of any type, i.e. bubble wrap, Styrofoam peanuts, or packaging tape.
· Multiple purchases will be combined to the extent possible to minimize shipping costs. Sometimes, due to size and weight, we will not be able to combine multiple purchases into one box.
· TO BUYERS WHO RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES: We ship via USPS to PayPal-confirmed addresses only. Insurance will be part of the shipping and handling fees.
· TO BUYERS WHO RESIDE IN CANADA, THE UNITED KINGDOM, OR AUSTRALIA: We ship via USPS to PayPal-confirmed addresses only. Insurance will be part of the shipping and handling fees; any other charges such as import duties, customs costs and taxes are the responsibility of the buyer.
· With over 30 years of shipping experience we know how to pack items so they arrive safely to their destinations.
· A package is usually shipped within one day after we receive full payment.
· The buyer will be notified via e-mail the day the auction item is shipped.
· Buyer must contact seller within three days from receipt date of the item.
· Buyer must ship the item back to the seller within fourteen days from receipt date of the item.
· Item condition must be identical to the auction description.
· Buyer will pay for return shipping and insurance (if item was initially insured).
· Buyer must ship via the same shipper as received and in the same packaging as received.
· Refund will only be given through PayPal and will only be in the amount of the winning bid plus Michigan sales tax if applicable. Refund will not include shipping and handling fees initially paid by the buyer.
Damage or Loss of An Insured Item
· In the event an item is damaged or lost during shipping and the buyer had purchased USPS insurance, the buyer must immediately notify the seller and will retain the damaged item and all packaging.
· The seller will file a claim with USPS for the amount the buyer paid for the item, not including shipping and insurance, and will designate the buyer as the payee of the claim.
· USPS will review the claim, inspect the parcel if required, and provide a refund less the shipping and insurance.
· The seller will not refund the amount of shipping and insurance paid by the buyer.
Damage or Loss of An Uninsured Item
· The buyer assumes all loss.
· The seller will not refund the cost of the item or the shipping.
We are active charter members of the White Ironstone China Association (WICA) and Tea Leaf Club International (TLCI). We have been involved with English ironstone ceramics since 1978. Our specialties include tea leaf and its many copper lustre variants, white ironstone, transferware, children's tea and dinner sets, toys, books, paper ephemera, and other select smalls. We are also members of the Ohio Art Collectors Club (OACC).
For more information or to become a Tea Leaf Club International (TLCI) member visit: http://www.tealeafclub.com
For more information or to become a Ohio Art Collectors Club (OACC) member visit: http://ohioartcollectors.com/
For more information or to become a White Ironstone China Association (WICA) member visit: http://www.whiteironstonechina.com
We take great pride in providing wonderful merchandise and detailed descriptions. Customer care and service is our priority! Dorian House ~ Quality Antiques since 1980, Featuring "Select Smalls". We are celebrating our 13th year on eBay.
Contact selectsmalls at the end of the auction listing under "Ask a question" link.
Are you having difficulty viewing the auction description?
· If you use Internet Explorer as your browser, empty your cache.