Details about Vintage/Antiqu
See original listing
Aug 14, 2012
[ 1 bid ]
Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
Vintage/Antique Griswold cast Iron Griddle P/N D-609, #9
Griswold the Cadillac of Cast Iron skillets
This is a very nice vintage griddle made sometime in the past by Griswold. The below applies regarding this griddle.
· Excellent condition, minor cleaning needed on the surface, I missed it and did not see it until it was seasoned. Minor problem, steel wool and re-season the pan like you should do anyway should fix it. It does not even show up in the picture but there is a small area there that needs touch-up.
· The back of the griddle the following appears.
o Cast Iron griddle
o The number “9”
o The Griswold MFG CO
o Large Block “Griswold” in a cross and two circles around it
o Erie, PA., U.S.A
o P/N D 609
o On the top of the skillet on the handle the number “9”
· Diameter from rim to rim is 10 ¼ inches
· Length from rim to the end of the handle is 15 ½ inches
· The slightly curved handle is approximately 4 ¼ inches
This is a very nice griddle, sits flat and no other issues except minor cleaning needed on the surface of the pan and that is my fought. No rust or heavy crude on this item at all.
As with any used cookware or utensils we would recommend that you rewash it in hot soapy water, scrub it and re-season it for your own peace of mind and safety. We cleaned it and soaked all the crude off of it and let it set in really hot water and scrubbed it again prior to beginning a light seasoning process which involves it sitting in a hot oven for hours really. Not experts here but we did the best we could and the final product is what you see.
Thanks for looking and good luck bidding.